Etrian Odyssey

Sunwoo

Aaaaaaggghhhh.I was in the crystal peak (name?) dungeon in Etrian Mystery Dungeon. I was at the last floor before the boss. I climbed down to defeat the boss. The boss does his little introduction animation...and then I get pulled back to [city name] immediately because a FOE had just invaded it.I was so stupid not to use any forts. But it's still maddening. I lost 2 pieces of equipment on each guy who was in the dungeon, and the inn got wrecked. Now it's going to take 297,000 or so en to fix it! I really hope that number naturally declines on its own, because that's an insane amount of money for me (possibly more en than I had gathered up to this point). Also, I can't access my savings of about 30k en in the inn.

If a DOE destroyed a part of your town and don't have the money to repair the facilities the facilities will repair them selfs after a little while by going in a few dungeons (I'd recommend the first dungeon of the game since it's what 5-6 floors deep?). I believe you have to finish the dungeon by going to the bottom and warping back to town keep going through dungeons a few times and if I remember correctly will fix itself and you won't have to pay a single En. ;-)

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Medic isn't a MUST HAVE since you can subclass them in in the future. They just mean you need to bring less of Medicas(healing items) and Theriacs(Bind/status removal items). You might even find a healing staff somewhere which grants you the basic healing spell to whoever is wielding it.

I did a run without Medics and fielding three Runemasters, so it's not that crucial. I did however make good use of the Fortress. I highly recommend you use a Fortress if you have at least 2 people dedicated to dealing damage. Be aware that the Dancer's buffs only apply to those in their row unlike the Princess who can cast it on any row.

I kind of dislike Medicas and others healing item in EO, except for TP healing, but yeah, since I can subclass them later...

I remember fondly my Monk/Princess from EO3 in back line, plus my Princess in front line, I basically had auto-heal in the two row.

Yeah, from my past experience if you don't have a Protector, with their buff and tank skills, you gonna have a bad time.

I never liked mages in EO, they just seems like a needless pain in the ass to me, if I really wanted a specific drop, I used a elemental jar(?) or something. That, and dat TP blackhole.

I'm sure people will want to kill me for the last one.

I didn't understand how to get much use out of my fortress in EO4 until I started using party shield. Protectors in EO1-3 and Mystery Dungeon are pretty great IMO. It's nice that in mystery dungeon, provoke pretty much always commands the attention of monsters.

I kind of dislike Medicas and others healing item in EO, except for TP healing, but yeah, since I can subclass them later...

I remember fondly my Monk/Princess from EO3 in back line, plus my Princess in front line, I basically had auto-heal in the two row.

Yeah, from my past experience if you don't have a Protector, with their buff and tank skills, you gonna have a bad time.

I never liked mages in EO, they just seems like a needless pain in the ass to me, if I really wanted a specific drop, I used a elemental jar(?) or something. That, and dat TP blackhole.

I'm sure people will want to kill me for the last one.

Nah, I think I'm the only odd one who tries to bring out the potential of mages in EO when they are clearly inferior to warrior types. EO4's mages are very useful since they also cover elemental damage reduction and have some form of TP sustain. I also noticed that you can leave elemental skill levels low-ish and still put out very respectable damage. Pretty much level 3 Lightning Rune spam carried my party for most of the game. Also, Runemasters unlike their past incarnations actually hit hard in relation to their tp costs now.

Even my dancer subbed Runemaster for their passives XD

Fortress can't so much until level 40 anyway since they can't tank as well as they should until then. Dancer and Runemaster can replace their role quite well and you get to dish out more damage.

Aaaaaaggghhhh.

I was in the crystal peak (name?) dungeon in Etrian Mystery Dungeon. I was at the last floor before the boss. I climbed down to defeat the boss. The boss does his little introduction animation...and then I get pulled back to [city name] immediately because a FOE had just invaded it.

I was so stupid not to use any forts. But it's still maddening. I lost 2 pieces of equipment on each guy who was in the dungeon, and the inn got wrecked. Now it's going to take 297,000 or so en to fix it! I really hope that number naturally declines on its own, because that's an insane amount of money for me (possibly more en than I had gathered up to this point). Also, I can't access my savings of about 30k en in the inn.

Basic fort on the first floor. ALWAYS. If that fort is ever destroyed, rebuild it immediately.

I'm in postgame. Postgame can kiss my nowhere-near-adequete equips.

I kept my Fortress the entire game, I'm that cool(#Qualified).

I haven't played much EMD after the DOE thing. Too much risk man, but if I can handle FOEs I can handle DOEs.

Basic fort on the first floor. ALWAYS. If that fort is ever destroyed, rebuild it immediately.

I'm in postgame. Postgame can kiss my nowhere-near-adequete equips.

Ya, I was just lazy. I entered the first floor of the dungeon, realized I didn't have enough money to build a fort, and said "hey, screw it!" Big mistake ofc.

I beat the 5th dungeon, and the other frozen cave tileset dungeon that gets unlocked when you finish it. Now I just have to do a few quests. I think my guys are substantially overleveled b/c I've been keeping the red pooka quest active pretty much all the time.

IMO, Mage units are so much better than warrior types. Though the Ronin class is amazing.

Edit: This is a response to B.Leu. Medics have saved my hide multiple times, my hexer was badass, my alcamist killed everything in her path. Meanwhile, my Ronin did burn through a ton of TP, and my protector.... Was just there.

Edited by Fantasia

My first team in EO4 consisted of a landsknecht, a dancer, a front-line medic, a rune master, and a sniper. They basically wrecked everything. (Then again, I was playing on normal mode.)

My first team in EO4 consisted of a landsknecht, a dancer, a front-line medic, a rune master, and a sniper. They basically wrecked everything. (Then again, I was playing on normal mode.)

My main team was the same as that, except exchange the dancer for a fortress. Almost certain I was playing on expert. Once I went modified for postgame the only survivors were the fortress and the runemaster. But I haven't finished postgame. I've killed two elemental dragons (ice guy still alive) and I'm on basement L2 of the 6th stratum dungeon.

Once again, this could be a result of playing on the easiest mode, but I beat every boss (including postgame boss with chemicals) using my initial team on normal mode. The subclasses I gave them, though, were landsknecht/runemaster, dancer/landsknecht, medic/fortress, runemaster/medic, and sniper/nightseeker.

My head... it hurts....

Somebody create a waifu emblem so I can get out of this mess...

Yeah mages doesn't seem as bad as before. You got to explain me how magic works in this setting. Hexes, Alchemy, Ki in EO3, now it's rune. How does it works ?

Say, what do you think of this team ?

Fortress/Medic or Fortress/Dancer: Fortress will probably just spam buffs again and again, might as well have more of it, no ? Plus, more healing is always good to have.

Nightseeker/Arcanist: The heck were they thinking in creating this monster ?

Dancer/Nightseeker: Aka, Ronin/Bucky but easier to pull off and with stun, plus the dance that allows all the character in that row to attack after you, kind of OP, no ?

It's on the last ones that I have a hard time deciding.

Medic/Dancer: Moar. Healing. It seems to be useless later on though. Later on I should probably do a Arcanist/Medic.

Runemaster/Imperial: TP regeneration and able to use multi-target spells with single-targer one, seems pretty cool to me, and if I touch the weak point, it's even better.

My head... it hurts....

Somebody create a waifu emblem so I can get out of this mess...

Yeah mages doesn't seem as bad as before. You got to explain me how magic works in this setting. Hexes, Alchemy, Ki in EO3, now it's rune. How does it works ?

Say, what do you think of this team ?

Fortress/Medic or Fortress/Dancer: Fortress will probably just spam buffs again and again, might as well have more of it, no ? Plus, more healing is always good to have.

Nightseeker/Arcanist: The heck were they thinking in creating this monster ?

Dancer/Nightseeker: Aka, Ronin/Bucky but easier to pull off and with stun, plus the dance that allows all the character in that row to attack after you, kind of OP, no ?

It's on the last ones that I have a hard time deciding.

Medic/Dancer: Moar. Healing. It seems to be useless later on though. Later on I should probably do a Arcanist/Medic.

Runemaster/Imperial: TP regeneration and able to use multi-target spells with single-targer one, seems pretty cool to me, and if I touch the weak point, it's even better.

Nightseeker/Arcanist looks tame compared to what a Nightseeker/Bushi can do with damage numbers...

About runes, the first runes you learn are buffs, they reduce incoming elemental damage while increasing elemental damage you can deal to others...increased elemental damage counts as monster being 'weak' to it. So it triggers Runic Precision.

Since they implemented front and backrow for monsters, all runes have unequal attack patterns. Fireball can target anyrow and splash half damage to monsters on either side. Ice Lance hits something in the front row and something in the backrow, if you target only backrow then it'll hit one target. Yes you can pick which ones get hit on both front and backrow. Lightning rune will hit everything in one row, but the Runemaster can only target things in the front row IF he's at the backrow. If he's in the front row then he can target things on either row with Lightning rune.

If your asking about the lore of magic then I don't have a proper answer.

Regarding your team:

Something about having so many dancers in the team, you have so many people to boost priority moves to so many people. Know that the Fortress does not really come to full potential until their level 40s. Before that you'll be relying on Provoke and auto provoke while Runemaster deals with AoEs thanks to the primary rune buffs.

With Arcanist/Medic you won't need to sub Arcanist to your Nightseeker since only one circle(The field an Arcanist puts down with their bind/status magic) can be active at a time so if your Nightseeker casts another circle, it might cancel your Arcanist's one. Medic/Dancer allows you to have the medic do the dance that auto-recovers from Binds/Status(two different dances) which can help free the Medic's actions. I'd personally roll with Medic/Dancer if you kept Nightseeker/Arcanist. It seems to have better set up to avoid being wrecked by those lovely status ailments EO makes seem so scary.

I was speaking lore-wise, but it doesn't mean that your explanation wasn't helpful. Thank you very much !

I didn't even noticed, but I have three dancer. And apparently, speed boost is bugged, doesn't change much but still.

Yeah, that's why having more than one class can be a bad idea, EO love to cancel your effects like that.

So it's decided, I'll use this team.

Fortress/Dancer, Nightseeker/Arcanist, Dancer/Nightseeker, Medic/Dancer, Runemaster/Imperial

Tell me good luck, I'll need it. :p

Edited by B.Leu

Good luck B.Leu. Also, remember rune magic can miss! :P:

What. Gee, thanks Obama, so much for upgrading magicnology. :o

Everything is fine and dandy for now, as long as I'm too reckless. Auto-taunt is a good skill. My Dancer and Nightseeker are very strong, given my Runemaster Volt Rune and Lightning Rune, which does damage to an entire line pleasantly surprised about that.

And the musics are simply fabulous. Except for the main town, it's a tad annoying. :p

Edited by B.Leu

My main team was the same as that, except exchange the dancer for a fortress. Almost certain I was playing on expert. Once I went modified for postgame the only survivors were the fortress and the runemaster. But I haven't finished postgame. I've killed two elemental dragons (ice guy still alive) and I'm on basement L2 of the 6th stratum dungeon.

I think that's where I was up to in EOIV, with the same 5 characters I had been using since the beginning. But then, in the chaos of system transferring to the new 3DS, I lost my EOIV save data. Meaning that I had to start EOIV (and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) from the beginning. :(

Hmm, the game is surprisingly easy I said. ah ah. :p

Berserker king told me to say hello.

Keep playing~!

[spoiler=Etrian Mystery Dungeon post-game stuffs]Fire dragon = defeated. Between Glacier Rune, Swift Stab, multi-attacks from dancer, and Ricochet, ALL while under Ice Link. . .tee-hee~!

The end result is not surprising.

Finally defeated the Berserker King at lv16, with my dancer and Runemaster dead, heh, my Runmaster had no TP left. anyways.

Thank you RNG for making Sand Throw working for probably five turn. :p

He was as this to kill me what left of my team with his super attack, good thing that he had no PV left.

That kind of things happens a lot, strange isn't it ? :p

Edited by B.Leu

The end result is not surprising.

Finally defeated the Berserker King at lv16, with my dancer and Runemaster dead, heh, my Runmaster had no TP left. anyways.

Thank you RNG for making Sand Throw working for probably five turn. :p

He was as this to kill me what left of my team with his super attack, good thing that he had no PV left.

That kind of things happens a lot, strange isn't it ? :p

Welcome to EO4.

Things tend to heat up in the later strata, so don't rest on your laurels just yet!