Etrian Odyssey

Sunwoo

After spending something like two days in-game time to get said item, I think I'm going to Formaldehyde it - a normal drop shouldn't elude me for that long, and I maxed out Scavenge on Arthur specifically for it.

THEN I have to insta-blick Muskoids. GAME WHY.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm attempting to begin grinding for the King Grimoires right now. I am about to scream at the sheer frustration of having the digits line up.

EOU sounds "fun"

And don't hate on Muskoids. They are punishing for thinking you wouldn't get surprised attacked and petrifying everyone and making the past 2 hours of progress moot.

Muskoids weeee. To be honest things got kind of easy for me in the original halfway into the second stratum. Wonder if it will be the same in Untold.

Current progress of King Grimoire grinding: I got Wolf Pack, Phoenix Wings, and Forest Guardian. (Of course, I want to use them for other stuff, so I'll have to regrind for them later.) Thinking about aiming for the Queen Ant grimoire once I realign my digits again.

And then I 100% EO2 and wondered why I spend my free time grinding for 20 of multiple enemy drops. Still a fun game, just a pain in the ass to unlock everything.

I find it funny that bosses in EO2 have so little Hp and EO2U's bosses have 8-100x the amount(I'm not even joking). The way damage output has changed over the time.

Etrian Mystery Dungeon gets released next week. Did anyone else preorder it?

I'll do that on Thursday~!

I have seriously mixed feelings about this game. Gut tells me it'll either be the best thing since sliced bread, or tossed off to the side.

I'm trying to grind my survivalist so I can get her passive agility boost, act first, and quick step onto grimoires and pass it onto my main party. Her luck is 30 and she has NOT created a single grimoire stone, no matter how many hunting horns I gave her. Does a character's chance to create a grimoire stone depend on their current luck stat?

I never stuck a grimoire stone on her, actually. They only create grimoire stones or get grimoire chances when equipped with a stone? Now I feel stupid XD;

FINALLY! Seven Kings' Grimoire get! Now I can stop aligning my guild card and actually enjoy the game again.

If I were to try out this series, what game would be the best to start with?

My personal recommendation is EO3, but that's not the easiest to find. EO4 is also a good starting point. Much as I like EO:U, there's certain "tricks" that'll tangle up a first-timer.

Shortcuts, dealing with certain FOEs, actually giving a shit about where Take/Mine/Chop points go, etc.

My personal recommendation is EO3, but that's not the easiest to find. EO4 is also a good starting point. Much as I like EO:U, there's certain "tricks" that'll tangle up a first-timer.

Shortcuts, dealing with certain FOEs, actually giving a shit about where Take/Mine/Chop points go, etc.

Alright I'll keep that all in mind. Thanks eclipse.

EO4 and EO:U are good starting points for getting into the EO series. Anything before that is kind of hard to find, and EO3 is quite hard anyway. I think EO4 and EO:U will ease newcomers into the difficulty of the series better than EO3.

Etrian Mystery Dungeon was supposed to be released! Did anyone get this yet? FSR I don't have mine, and I ordered through a store.

Edited by eclipse

Etrian Mystery Dungeon was supposed to be released! Did anyone get this yet? FSR I don't have mine, and I ordered through a store.

I'll only be getting mine around the 17th or so of this month. The only thing I gleaned from looking into it is that there are a fair amount of complaints about the AI, and it seems like a lot of players have concluded that it's easier to go solo for substantial portions of the game. I'll probably try and go with a full party.

Oh, and FOEs now seem to be DOEs. DOE, a deer, a female deer...

[ragelope.jpg]

Hi, you-know-who-you-are :P:

Also, I gave EO:MD a try when Zodok came over to my house, but I can't say I'm a big fan of how it works from what I've seen. I think I'm gonna pass on this one.