Etrian Odyssey

Sunwoo

IIRC, the "ruins" is the city from EO2. Or I could be mixing up my EOs, but I'm pretty sure it ain't from the original.

But the Yggdrasil trees are on different places on Earth.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my friends picked up a used copy of EO3 for me, yay. XD I'll have to pay him back for it when I see him tomorrow, but at least I finally got another EO game.

So I pretty much did all I wanted to do with EOU. Definitely had more fun in classic mode juggling 10 characters at once. Going to have fun with EOU2's 15 classes

As a final farewell to this game I've made QR codes of all of my characters for anyone who wants to mess with them.

[spoiler=Story Mode]

[spoiler=Highlander]yEdsU2K.png

[spoiler=Ricky]Xd9cuSs.png

[spoiler=Arthur]rwmJ7sl.png

[spoiler=Simon]rWT80sG.png

[spoiler=Raquna]hdBAVtH.png

[spoiler=Classic Mode]

[spoiler=Landsknecht]Uo28Cq4.png

[spoiler=Whip Dark Hunter]D0a4mgY.png

[spoiler=Ronin]P4v9qM1.png

[spoiler=Hexer]803cN1z.png

[spoiler=Troubadour]pZVgYym.png

[spoiler=Sword Dark Hunter]rlG5xyu.png

[spoiler=Protector]KNerp6i.png

[spoiler=Survivalist]xRz0Uqh.png

[spoiler=Alchemist]upW2t6k.png

[spoiler=Medic]XcGifq7.png

I find it hilarious that you used the same ronin that I used but gave her the same name I gave my EO4 fortress. Also, those grimoires must've been a real pain to synthesize.

Isn't the grimoire process kind of random, though? I've somehow gotten a few of the star-level grimoires but other than actually having your skill maxed out to that level I'm not sure how to influence their creation.

Why did you slash that out? I agree with that statement...

Atlus will likely add it anyway because they've done so for two games already. Can't wait to grind like crazy just to kill a DLC boss in 1 turn after a few turns of setting up because it has MMO boss amount of health.

Are there DLC bosses in recent EO games?

EDIT-Well even if there are I'm probably never getting to them. I even got rekt by alaraune (sp?) at level 70 in untold. I'm telling you, abyssal god was easier after you know the pattern of party wipe attacks.

Edited by Severlan

Just got to postgame EOIV and just some initial thoughts after doing the first two floors:

Definitely the spookiest strata I've seen so far, haven't played too much III, but definitely spookier than postgame I.

Everything wants to stone me on the second floor, or mutates into something that wants my soul if I take too long.

Cool battle theme! II's still my favourite postgame battle theme, but this easily takes second place.

Is there any penalty to using the chemicals against the boss on F3, bragging rights aside?

My Defender is rather useless at this point of game, planning on retiring him and replacing with I/B. I'm leaning towards a non-elemental nuke speciality, unless of course the final boss has an elemental weakness I can exploit?

My RM is amazing though, he's doing most of the damage, and my N/A usually stones most things with a max forge stone sword. I see blind and binds worked against the dragons, so I'm going to keep the three on my team. My L/M is give or take, bad healer, but good at lowering bosses' DEF and has auto-heal/revive maxed out in case something does go awry.

Edited by Maji

As far as I know, there's no penalty for using the chemicals against the postgame boss. I don't even want to IMAGINE trying to beat it without chemicals. Also, I'll need to test this again, but I am 99% certain that the postgame boss's "ultimate" form has a weakness to EVERYTHING. (I might be misremembering because I forged element power onto everyone's weapons, but I think even before that I was still hitting runic guidance with my runies.)

I have a question about grimoires in EO:U. Is there any way to guarantee getting a certain skill of a certain level onto a grimoire? Because I would really like to get a max-defense or max-bloodlust grimoire stone on my ronin, but I'm having a hard time getting grimoires to be created in general.

With Eyes Blazing/Eyes Wide Open is definitely one of the best battle themes in the series and fits the strata's atmosphere of always keeping an eye out for anything at all.

I've gotten close to beating the Warped Savior with no chemicals without an optimized party to take its ass down so definitely possible regardless.

The best way to get grimoires are to mass produce them. If you don't have the European version of the game, duplicate hunting horns and get the 100% grimoire creation cordial effect. Use a hunting horn on the character that you want a skill from and start farming.

If you have the European version... Depth Dancers are a high level and can give frequent grimoire chances.

Currently playing EO:U (I caved in and bought it again), and am on the second strata, in a longish endurance match. I feel like I've got reclassing+ - for example, I've got Fire/Volt Formula and Snow Cover on my medic. What I'm missing is a terrible grimoire with a lot of skill slots. I'd love to give my alchemist Cure/Salve/Unbind/Refresh/Revive.

Oh, and Cover being enemy-only is bleh, until I got it as a grimoire, and gave it to my protector. :P:

The best way to get grimoires are to mass produce them. If you don't have the European version of the game, duplicate hunting horns and get the 100% grimoire creation cordial effect. Use a hunting horn on the character that you want a skill from and start farming.

Do you know how/when you get the 100% grimoire creation cordial effect? Because unless I'm really bad at reading I don't seem to have it unlocked right now. As for duplicate hunting horns, you mean use them twice on the same character, right?

And yeah, my friend had left me some messages on my Skype telling me that EO:U2 was confirmed for the summer of 2015. At least we have confirmation it's getting released out of Japan!

Do you know how/when you get the 100% grimoire creation cordial effect? Because unless I'm really bad at reading I don't seem to have it unlocked right now. As for duplicate hunting horns, you mean use them twice on the same character, right?

The 100% grimoire creation cordial effect is an extra effect from the regular effects. When you go prepare a cordial there's a chance for a GOOD to appear next to it. Then there's a chance that the 100% grimoire creation good effect will happen. If you don't get the effect, just enter the labyrinth and enter back into town. The cordial should still have GOOD next to it provided you didn't fight any battles and you can repeat this until you get the correct effect. If you don't see any "GOOD" next to the cordials, just fight a few battles on the first floor and come back.

As for duplicating hunting horns(or any item), have a character that has a full boost meter and use the item, then press B to cancel the item use and use boost. This should cause the item to duplicate. You can do this as many times as you want as long as you have space in your bag and the character doing this is not the last character that is going to act in battle.

The 100% grimoire creation cordial effect is an extra effect from the regular effects. When you go prepare a cordial there's a chance for a GOOD to appear next to it. Then there's a chance that the 100% grimoire creation good effect will happen. If you don't get the effect, just enter the labyrinth and enter back into town. The cordial should still have GOOD next to it provided you didn't fight any battles and you can repeat this until you get the correct effect. If you don't see any "GOOD" next to the cordials, just fight a few battles on the first floor and come back.

Oh, so that's what the "GOOD" meant. I was wondering why that was there, and if the ones that said "BAD" meant that they'd expired and would give you negative bonuses (or something).

As for duplicating hunting horns(or any item), have a character that has a full boost meter and use the item, then press B to cancel the item use and use boost. This should cause the item to duplicate. You can do this as many times as you want as long as you have space in your bag and the character doing this is not the last character that is going to act in battle.

That's interesting, I never would've known about that. I'll definitely give it a try.

http://youtu.be/-SdIrJYxZeY

Prepare for 40 turn boss fights, cooking tentacle balls and DLC galore, EO2U is coming to the west.

And gun cats. Gun cats are a thing now.

yaaaaaaas, I was waiting for this. I'm preeeety sure I'll end up liking the original more, partly because I invested so much time into it, but this saves me the $100 Playasia and Ebay sellers are demanding.

Still not too sure what to think of Princess Purplelolimcfrolic here, but if worse comes to worse, she'll make good Muckdile bait.

In other news, it was a really boring night last night, so I finished the Hall of Darkness in the lamest way possible. It was only with fighting Fallen One that I realized that everything that isn't the Warped Saviour main core is either susceptible to stone or insta-kill, making everything from then on a cinch. I wish I figured this out earlier.

I remember seeing the US announcement trailer for Untold 2. I celebrated. :D If 3 also gets an Untold version, then Iol be really happy! :D

Only if the main character is female and hits on Kujura :P:

Currently about to end the second stratum in Untold. Wound up being overleveled thanks to a side quest, and because I decided to

Keep the lights off in Gladsheim and murder everything that stood in my way.

Only if the main character is female and hits on Kujura :P:

Currently about to end the second stratum in Untold. Wound up being overleveled thanks to a side quest, and because I decided to

Keep the lights off in Gladsheim and murder everything that stood in my way.

that's pretty evil and dishonourable for a highlander to condone murdering everything in its sleep.