Etrian Odyssey

Sunwoo

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My team was Fortress/Dancer Runemasterx3 (all equal exp due to my compulsion) throughout the game from the start so no, not everyone uses Imperials for that fight :P:

Weird party. 5 different classes master race.

Do I win a prize?

I also fought Scylla from EO2. Turn one Cry Soul'd me and killed my party. Love you too game.

Scylla does that. Salamox and the dragons though.

Hey guys, new to the series, should I start with 4 or untold?

I say 4 unless you have access to the first three but 4 is more user friendly which cause problems when going to the first three. So 4. Yes.

Hey guys, new to the series, should I start with 4 or untold?

That. . .really depends on what you want to do next.

Want to play the series from the "beginning"? Play Untold, it's the original Etrian Odyssey with a bunch of tweaks.

Want to see what the series is like from a standalone perspective? Play 4.

[spoiler=EO4 stuff]However, it is recommended to at least be familiar with 2, if you want to see just how amazing 4 is.

I just got 4 because it was on sale on the eshop a few weeks earlier

$15 for a 3ds game of this quality and size is a fucking steal

Edited by Thor Odinson

For the final boss, I had a runemaster, an archer, a medic, a fortress, and a landshcnkektmkteaouifdjo. I don't remember subclasses. It was pretty easy, but I had a lot of amritas (amrita II III maybe, I don't remember) and my guys were at like levels 67-69 XD

Edited by Severlan

Why 2 for 4?

Remember those ruins with the spiffy music, that's a one-floor deal? Doesn't the music/name remind you of something?

I've been playing through EO4 recently. Boiling Lizard is a pain in the ass.

Also, is Venom Throw supposed to be as stupidly powerful as it is? For that matter, I feel like Nightstalker's a ridiculously powerful class if you know what you're doing with it (also, Nightstalker with Dancer subclass and Blade Flurry is hilarious, THANKS SWORD DANCE).

The good news: I've finally figured out how to synthesize grimoires.

The bad news: I still hate the grimoire system and getting the skills I want on them seems very luck dependent.

Remember those ruins with the spiffy music, that's a one-floor deal? Doesn't the music/name remind you of something?

I don't see any connection between the two. :L

Also, is Venom Throw supposed to be as stupidly powerful as it is? For that matter, I feel like Nightstalker's a ridiculously powerful class if you know what you're doing with it (also, Nightstalker with Dancer subclass and Blade Flurry is hilarious, THANKS SWORD DANCE).

Ice Spikes are your friend.

Yes, Nightseeker is ridiculously powerful for what they do. Nightseeker/Bushi probably better for raw damage because Bushi subclass all the classes.

I know about the whole "break the big-ass scale in the back" thing but I can never get to it without the damn thing catching up to me and forcing the fight early which is SHIT

I figured maybe Bushi was better for maximum damage, but I found Dancer sub with Sword Dance more hilarious because if you have an ailment up and a bit of luck, the amount of damage you can get from basic attacks is ridiculously high.

That and the game hates me and I don't have Bushi yet. I was planning on giving it to my Sniper as a sub, actually.

Oh that. It's just a little puzzle. Get enough of the Ice Spikes and weave in and out of the boss area. 10 or 12 Ice Spikes should suffice.

Bushi is everyone's favorite subclass. It's just silly how good the class in general is. I've never used a Dancer so I'm very unfamiliar with their awesome but aware of it.

Oh yeah, and there's a door to get into a room to the east. If you can get in there and wait for the boss to move back to its original spot, then you get the big flame scale thing easily. :)

Edit: Here's a map to simplify things:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997793-etrian-odyssey-iv-legends-of-the-titan/faqs/66728

Edited by GoldenEmblem7

Oh that. It's just a little puzzle. Get enough of the Ice Spikes and weave in and out of the boss area. 10 or 12 Ice Spikes should suffice.

Bushi is everyone's favorite subclass. It's just silly how good the class in general is. I've never used a Dancer so I'm very unfamiliar with their awesome but aware of it.

the chance of 1-4 extra attacks when dual-wielding and with an ailment on the opponent is hilariously dumb damage

Nightseeker have that one skill where they attack like 8 or more times in a row and then another that has a chance of that single hit skill triggering again. Combine that with buffs and some Bushi skills and an ailment on the enemy... Either way the Nightseeker is pretty awesome possum.

Edited by Ein

Boiling lizard was probably the toughest boss in the game for me (did not do postgame). Simply because of being dumb at getting to the big fire shard. I ended up doing...something in order to harvest a bunch of ice stakes so that I could also use them against shards he forms within the battle.

If I recall correctly, the first time I fought the Boiling Lizard I just charged right into battle with him. At full health. I'm pretty sure that battle was stupid long.

The second time I fought him, I was a bit smarter and I actually broke the scale at the back. However, I had some mishaps and ended up engaging battle early quite a few times, which led me to rage and restart. Right now, I'm trying to get the medal for finding all the loot in the treasure chests for EO4, but apparently I seem to have missed a few boxes. I don't even know which boxes I've missed so I have to go through and find them all, rage.

Ok guys I bought both games and started off with 4. I'm really liking the amount freedom you're given(although it can be a bit overwhelming). The only thing that rubs me the wrong way are some of the classes artwork( not a fan of lolis, where are some of the older women).

Edited by Ace Gamer

If I recall correctly, the first time I fought the Boiling Lizard I just charged right into battle with him. At full health. I'm pretty sure that battle was stupid long.

The second time I fought him, I was a bit smarter and I actually broke the scale at the back. However, I had some mishaps and ended up engaging battle early quite a few times, which led me to rage and restart. Right now, I'm trying to get the medal for finding all the loot in the treasure chests for EO4, but apparently I seem to have missed a few boxes. I don't even know which boxes I've missed so I have to go through and find them all, rage.

I know that feel. Thankfully EOU2 has a check on the map whether you've opened them or not.

I don't see any connection between the two. :L

IIRC, the "ruins" is the city from EO2. Or I could be mixing up my EOs, but I'm pretty sure it ain't from the original.

What I do is make the background tile of the treasure box a different color than my "land" tiles. That way, I know that I got it~!

Edited by eclipse

Got a fair bit of progress in on EO4, but in getting this far, an issue arose. I just defeated the Chameleon King and got his conditional, but he didn't drop his regular, so do I need to reset and try again (perhaps Formaldehyde him?) or will he respawn like a regular boss after a certain set of days?

Also my team consists of:
Nightseeker/Arcanist (mainly for the stat affliction boost)

Fortress/Medic (tank and emergency healer if I honestly need it)

Landschlickasdf/Medic (to spam Frontline!Star Drop)

Sniper/Arcanist (same reason as Nightseeker, only binds don't seem to really be affected by Arc's stat affliction boost?)

Runemaster/Imperial because OP is fun!

What I do is make the background tile of the treasure box a different color than my "land" tiles. That way, I know that I got it~!

That's a good idea, I'll try that.

Got a fair bit of progress in on EO4, but in getting this far, an issue arose. I just defeated the Chameleon King and got his conditional, but he didn't drop his regular, so do I need to reset and try again (perhaps Formaldehyde him?) or will he respawn like a regular boss after a certain set of days?

I'm almost certain Chameleon King will respawn in 14 days.

Edited by Sunwoo