Etrian Odyssey

Sunwoo

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is interesting. It appears that amazon.com is implying that the U.S. release date of EO2:U is August 4th. But I don't know how accurate this date is.

Hello fourth stratum, you were a pain to map, and that was only 16F. My party's pretty overleveled, but that's because enemies throw themselves into my path. The story just got interesting - seems like my party's somewhat split on how to handle a certain situation.

Of course, I said to be diplomatic, but did Visil listen? NO! And if that forest girl sees my quest roster, she'll faint.

I have killed the Storm Emperor, and yes, it does raise the level cap by 10 levels. I tried to kill the ice dragon thing... Failed rather epically... I dunno where the Fire Dragon thing is....

I had some problems getting the fire dragon to appear when I first played through EO:U. Turns out that you have to have reached a certain floor in the Claret Hollows (floor 29 or 30, I believe), and once you do the quest to fight the wyvern will appear. And once you beat the wyvern the fire dragon appears on floor 8 where it used to be. I thought my copy was bugged for the longest time because I couldn't make the fire dragon show up!

I had some problems getting the fire dragon to appear when I first played through EO:U. Turns out that you have to have reached a certain floor in the Claret Hollows (floor 29 or 30, I believe), and once you do the quest to fight the wyvern will appear. And once you beat the wyvern the fire dragon appears on floor 8 where it used to be. I thought my copy was bugged for the longest time because I couldn't make the fire dragon show up!

I already killed the Wyvern.... ;) Oopsie? (Yeah, I know it respawns, but ah well...)

I already killed the Wyvern.... ;) Oopsie? (Yeah, I know it respawns, but ah well...)

If you get to the floor which triggers the quest and then accept the quest, the wyvern may respawn automatically. Worth a try, right?

I think I'm in love with the fifth stratum. The design is amazing, the background music is amazing, and I even managed to kill a FOE~!

Lost Shinjuku is gorgeous, and my apologies to Ren and her friend. They underestimated the Legion Burst/Delayed Heal combo.

Personally, I think that VS human fights in Etrian Odyssey tend to be the easiest boss battles (I'm counting the armoroad faction 5th stratum bosses). The only one I've ever lost to is the cursed prince, Baldur, in EO4, because I didn't know that he had a party-wipe attack.

I had some trouble with that initial fight, until I remembered that Raquna is awesome (in other words, she shouldn't be smacking enemies in her downtime).

Dove ALL the way to the 24th floor. Am about to tackle the final level, and my party's level 61. Didn't bother with a couple of optional boss fights, because I want slightly better gear. Can't wait to see what's at the end~!

I still haven't touched Story Mode. Two questions:

1) Is the story good?

2) Will I lose my Classic Mode team if I switch to Story Mode?

1. It helps to flesh out certain things - the things that ARE fleshed-out, however, don't occur until close to the end. Think of it as a typical RPG story - it starts out kinda boring, and slowly ramps up into something cool. The first couple of missions, however, are absolutely tedious. Oh, and the battle voices get stale after a while. The upside is that you get to play with a couple of classes that aren't available in Classic.

2. I think so? I went straight into story, because why the hell not.

I had some trouble with that initial fight, until I remembered that Raquna is awesome (in other words, she shouldn't be smacking enemies in her downtime).

Dove ALL the way to the 24th floor. Am about to tackle the final level, and my party's level 61. Didn't bother with a couple of optional boss fights, because I want slightly better gear. Can't wait to see what's at the end~!

Iirc raquna's elemental block skills can nullify one of ren's best attacks...

there's an endgame fight with music that I think is amazing. That's all I will say on that subject.

And after a return to eo iv and some time training logre and a couple other bar-trained characters, I managed to take out the great dragon. He actually used inferno on me once, but some of my dudes survived and I then used the heal all burst action. I also used a formaldehyde on him, but unfortunately I dont use rapiers or swords anymore, so it was pointless.

I started on classic mode and went to story mode. You'll be unable to use your classic mode party in story mode, but you don't lose them. You'll get them back when you restart classic mode.

I don't like the Molten Caves in EO3. Also, it feels like no matter how much further I get into the game I'm always broke.

Molten Caves doesn't like you either.

Explore the sea to unlock more equipment for the ship and the cash rewards for discovering new places. Also, Farmers for a resource gathering party will alleviate any money woes you will have.

Speaking of exploring the sea, I'm still not sure how that works. What exactly do I do?

It's more of a movement puzzle to find places with the limited movement you have given the food item you have. Some tiles have food items you can pick up or some events. Basically just experiment in how you move around at sea and paint and mark the map to remember stuff and so on.

Better quality foods. You can find some on specific tiles but the ones you get as you progress get the job done.

Some you can find at sea, in particular, allow you to access certain places sooner.