Least Favorite Unit (Chrom, Lissa, etc) In Terms Of Personality.

noiku

Virion is my least favorite character; Now pretty much every reason people have for disliking him I dislike him for, but he holds the special spot of least favorite due to his death text, that bit about him fleeing battle made me think that I had the game on casual for some reason(he was my first death), and so I restarted like 7 or so chapters in. Felt really dumb when I learned that he's just a ponce that flees like a story important lord. :T

Also, of this Tharja hate, she seems very polarizing-people either adore her or hate her...

Edited by FlipFlopMist

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious, which ones do you consider to work well?

I'm personally very fond of Kjelle x Laurent, at least, off the top of my head. There's a bunch with Laurent that are nice, really.

Most of my favorite convos are ones that aren't the gen2 bunch of teenagers stuff, though. GaiusxMaribelle and CherchexLon'qu comes to mind, though I'm a huge sucker for backstory so I'm biased in that regard.

I also think the same-sex convos tend to be higher in quality since they don't have to worry about shoving a romantic component in there.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Virion is my least favorite character; Now pretty much every reason people have for disliking him I dislike him for, but he holds the special spot of least favorite due to his death text, that bit about him fleeing battle made me think that I had the game on casual for some reason(he was my first death), and so I restarted like 7 or so chapters in. Felt really dumb when I learned that he's just a ponce that flees like a story important lord. :T

You know that every single normal 1st gen female in the game does that, right?

I'm personally very fond of Kjelle x Laurent, at least, off the top of my head. There's a bunch with Laurent that are nice, really.

Most of my favorite convos are ones that aren't the gen2 bunch of teenagers stuff, though. GaiusxMaribelle and CherchexLon'qu comes to mind, though I'm a huge sucker for backstory so I'm biased in that regard.

I also think the same-sex convos tend to be higher in quality since they don't have to worry about shoving a romantic component in there.

Cool, thanks.

Clipsey's favorites:

Gaius x Tharja (this is one of the most sensible ones, just for Gaius' explanation at the end)

Frederick x Cordelia (this one seems a lot more natural than most of Cordy's other supports)

Vaike x Lissa (WTF is this, something that sounds like two people actually learning to trust each other?!)

Lon'qu x Maribelle (Maribelle should drop her current line of work and go into therapy; also, this is a support that ends nicely on either A or S)

And for the not-romantic ones, Gangrel x Male Avatar takes the cake.

Well, I didn't give Virion a fair chance at all. I read though some of his supports and he is definitely not as boring or annoying as I first thought. Vaike on the other hand, is now my least favorite after seeing the peeping supports.

You should read Vaike x Sully. Vaike is actually pretty damn cool there when he talks about how Chrom came to his village and inspired him. It made me like him.

Im a huge fan of the following pairings:

Cherche/Virion. Too many of Cherche's supports deal with Minerva and it gets old. Virion and Cherche's feels so natural. This is likely because the devs intended them to be canon or something close to it.

Lissa/Libra is probably among the most adorable pairings/supports in the game imo. I like Maribelle/Libra too because we get that Awesome Side of Maribelle that just made me explode with squee.

I love Sully/Chrom. Love it. Why do i not do it often? Cuz lack of Galeforce. But really, its a great pairing and i love the idea of Sully as a queen.

Gregor/Panne feels very natural.

Nowi/Donnel is sweet.

Tharja/Henry is great. "Oh oh! Wizard fight!" I love this pairing so much. Those two obviously intended to be together by the devs.

Stahl/Cordelia because Average Onion meets Overly Talented Lovesick Mess. Its cute.

Sumia/Henry is a nice one too. More unconventional for Sumia. But i prefer her with Frederick chemistry wise.

Gerome/Lucina. Yeah deal with it. I like the mask shipping.

Gerome/feMorgs is another favorite.

Cynthia/Owain. *shifty eyes*

I like Laurent with Lucina or Cynthia.

A little late tot his thread, but it's definitely Miriel.

If it wasn't for Laurent, who I also dislike for many of the same reasons, I would have no excuse to ever use miriel.

As a unit, I find her redundant for most of the game, and by postgame far better mages are around to fill her spot. Her paper-thin defenses, slow xp gain, and overall poor class pool and stat growth really don't work in her favour.

As a personality, I hate her. Every support with her is the same joke about how she only speaks science, and S-supports just sort of happen.

Just...goddamnit. I honestly just do not see miriel's virtues, if she actually does have any.

Top tier Unit is Donnel by far.

Something about that curly hair, that tin pot helmet, and him passing down galeforce makes me love him so much. He comes across as likeable in all of his supports, and he's and extremely useful unit throughout the game.

Postgame, he is not actually very good the best and most amazing unit ever.

Anyone who doesn't like Donnel is clearly and individual with poor taste

Edited by PsychicFlamingo

Top tier Unit is Donnel by far.

Something about that curly hair, that tin pot helmet, and him passing down galeforce makes me love him so much. He comes across as likeable in all of his supports, and he's and extremely useful unit throughout the game.

Postgame, he is not actually very good the best and most amazing unit ever.

Anyone who doesn't like Donnel is clearly and individual with poor taste

Since this is neither a gameplay nor favorite character thread and it's pretty well known that Donnel = bad, I'm going to guess that's just troll food. But if you're actually serious...

-His class set is pretty much nonexistant,

-He has to start at E weapons twice,

-His ability to grow when trained is nothing special on Normal/Hard and still a net negative investment in Lunatic(+),

-He's got the worst mods in the game, so bad that they're sometimes not even worth GF (he doesn't pass anything useful other than that),

-He's very annoying.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

I personally hate Vaike. He's a Jerk. Priam is some kind of weirdo, but it's funny. "When you eat, you eat the spirit of the food!" And stuff like that.

I only play in normal, like real badass people do, but in that difficulty Donnel kicks ass. I can beat entire chapters just using him.

Hasn't it been said over and over that this game has no truly canon pairings?

The speed of a support growth can be a sign of what was favored by the game developers.

Makes me wonder...is there a correlation between the speed of a support growth and how optimal it is? I guess the latter is kind of subjective though.

Edited by Radiant head

I only play in normal, like real badass people do, but in that difficulty Donnel kicks ass. I can beat entire chapters just using him.

Normal is for beginners and people who want to grind without dealing with high ILs.

I can beat entire chapters using any unit in the game on Normal. Doing that with Donnel is absolutely nothing special.

Hasn't it been said over and over that this game has no truly canon pairings?

The number of times something is said has no effect on how true it is.

In this case, whether or not the Devs have said anything on canon has no bearing on the fact that there are a set of pairings that have lower support thresholds than any others. Do you think it's a coincidence that each child has exactly one set of parents who can do that?

Makes me wonder...is there a correlation between the speed of a support growth and how optimal it is? I guess the latter is kind of subjective though.

Not really. Chrom x Sumia is both good and pushed in the same vein as Levin x Fury, but there's nothing outstanding about the other ones gameplay-wise (apart from being able to go from nothing to S in four maps, of course).

Normal is for beginners and people who want to grind without dealing with high ILs.

I can beat entire chapters using any unit in the game on Normal. Doing that with Donnel is absolutely nothing special.

Well, congratulations. But I still thin he's good in normal mode. I am basing on my experiences (again, playing on normal).

Yes, he sucks at the beggining, but from my expirience I think it was worth it. Perhaps on harder difficulties you cannot afford training him.

Edited by Prototype

I like almost all the characters but most of the first gen who can´t have other children than Morgan are boring for me.

Maybe to Severa because of her attitude with her parents, but she´s an amazing unit so i forgive her :p

In this case, whether or not the Devs have said anything on canon has no bearing on the fact that there are a set of pairings that have lower support thresholds than any others. Do you think it's a coincidence that each child has exactly one set of parents who can do that?

That's silly. Why would IS push a certain set of pairings yet give us so many other options for pairings? That's just spitting in the faces of those who don't ship the "pushed" ones.

That's silly. Why would IS push a certain set of pairings yet give us so many other options for pairings? That's just spitting in the faces of those who don't ship the "pushed" ones.

It's nothing out of the ordinary for game developers to be biased, personal bias can be really influential.

I see. Well, it still kind of disappoints me because I don't seem to ship any of the ones that are pushed. I'm okay with Chrom x Sumia, that's pretty much it (and even then, I still prefer Chrom x Olivia).

Not to be rude, but...you are a robot, arent you? Pretty sure that guy was being facetious.

Ehh not really. Its optimal for those who aim at efficiency though, cuz the faster a support builds up, the better for them. If yer talking actual raw stats, yeah thats more subjective. Awakening doesnt use the affinity system, and bonuses are connected more to class than character. /shrug

Ehh not really. Its optimal for those who aim at efficiency though, cuz the faster a support builds up, the better for them. If yer talking actual raw stats, yeah thats more subjective. Awakening doesnt use the affinity system, and bonuses are connected more to class than character. /shrug

Yeah so I guess the only real criteria are the kids and their skills.

Well, pair up bonuses and compatability for base classes is pretty helpful, since Second Seals are rare early on.