Least Favorite Unit (Chrom, Lissa, etc) In Terms Of Personality.

noiku

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yarne. The other characters just annoy me, but him I dislike so much that even though I know Lon'qu/Virion!Yarne!Morgan is one of the best out there, I'd never subject a poor FeMU to marrying him. Coming from someone who values gameplay over aesthetics for the most part.

Runners up: Virion, Tharja (who I was okay with until I got Noire), Vaike (how dare you forget your weapon in such a sketchy chapter)

I really can't decide whether I love or hate Severa - she reminds me far too much of my younger self.

Virion: He's like Sain but without the funny comic relief.

Stahl: He likes eating... that's everything there is to him, he's boring.

Sully: So she's tomboy-ish, ok, anything else? No? She has some decent quotes but aside from that she's really forgettable.

Kellam: Yes, I can see you, your gimmick is dumb.

Tharja: The hell is wrong with her? Why is she so batshit insane?

Panne: Taguel this taguel that, humans this humans that. Please shut up.

Yarne: What are you even doing here? Go home if you're a coward.

Miriel's gimmick was always so prominent that, for me, she got obnoxious the quickest out of all the game's characters. Ironically, Laurent is one of my favorites since he was a better execution of the trope, I feel.

Vaike is also pretty horrible.

I absoloutely loathe Miriel. I'm not fond of Gaius(Did you really have to make a char with a sweet tooth be entirely centralised around that gimmick?), Panne(She is in every possible way a worse Lethe) and Cordelia(an incredibly shitty version of Catria), but Miriel takes the cake for being totally insufferable. There's kuudere, and there's "beep boop i am actually just a fucking robot".

What sucks is, Ricken sucks so much that she's like your only decent Magic user (Avatar aside) unless you grind the shit out of your Healers. :\

EDIT: Lmao I forgot about Kellam. I don't like him either, but I actually just forgot he existed. Go me.

Edited by Irysa

Virion. How can a person be so bad in both gameplay and personality? I think his addition is supposed to be comic relief, but I don't find him funny at all, just annoying.

Severa, for obvious reasons.

Sully - Stahl, probably the most annoying pair of Cain - Abel in terms of personality (at least judging from what I've seen so far).

Edited by Ryo

Frederick - reasons stated

Tharja - reasons stated

Yarne - reasons stated

Aside from that, the only one else is ...

Emmeryn. I just don't think there was much to her character other than "OH No, being a kind and passive ruler isn't working" and dying to motivate the protagonists for like 3 chapters. And don't even get me started on Spotpass

I'm gonna go with Cynthia

ITT: Peppy not liking the peppy character ^o^

I don't really mind tsundere characters all that much, but Severa just doesn't really do it for me... She's a bit too bratty for me I guess? Even her hidden niceness doesn't really help her out much.

I'd say it's probably either her or Sully... I don't really like female characters too focused on being manly-and-tough (so, like a tomboy) or girly-and-pretty and even male characters too focused on being manly-and-tough or girly-and-pretty~ To me, the important thing is to be the way you are and not worry about how well/not well you fit the stereotypes. But she seems to be all about how "I'm not like other women I'm strong and independent and curse a lot (well at least, compared to the other characters~)" ....... at least I've read that she apparently comes out of her shell a bit when discussion turns to horses? \o/

But I also don't really like saying that about those characters as much since I haven't read a lot of their script (and I can say the same for a lot of the characters x3), but from what I've seen of everybody so far those two are probably my least favourite, personality-wise.

Edited by Freohr Datia

Vaike is both stupid and cocky - two of my least favourite character traits.

Owain is also extremely annoying and makes a mockery out of what Fire Emblem used to be. (There is literally no depth to his 'theatrics')

Severa needs to have her goddamn mouth sealed with duct tape.

Cordelia is designed to be the perfect waifu so much that it irritates me. Also stop lusting after Chrom when both of you are already MARRIED TO OTHER PEOPLE.

Chrom: boring

Lissa: childish

Maribelle: snobby and arrogant

Ricken: annoying

Owain: super annoying

Vaike: dumb

Cynthia: dumber

Severa: tsundere

Stahl: "Ilyana"-syndrom

Kjelle: disgust against men

Nowi: Fanservice and super childish

Tharja: no comment necessary

Actually the only characters I like really like personalitywise are Donnel and Sully.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

Tharja - I honestly don't see how she's so popular. All she really has going for her is fanservice, and that is practically the stupidest thing to have going for you. She abuses her daughter, stalks Robin, etc.

Sully - She just rubbed me the wrong way. I like tomboys... just not when they swear like sailors.

Chrom - Dull and boring

Robin - See Chrom

I absoloutely loathe Miriel. I'm not fond of Gaius(Did you really have to make a char with a sweet tooth be entirely centralised around that gimmick?), Panne(She is in every possible way a worse Lethe) and Cordelia(an incredibly shitty version of Catria), but Miriel takes the cake for being totally insufferable. There's kuudere, and there's "beep boop i am actually just a fucking robot".

What sucks is, Ricken sucks so much that she's like your only decent Magic user (Avatar aside) unless you grind the shit out of your Healers. :\

EDIT: Lmao I forgot about Kellam. I don't like him either, but I actually just forgot he existed. Go me.

On My Most Recent Female My Unit Playthrough, I Forgot About Kellam Even Though I Love Him Until I Realized That I Needed A Husband For Lissa. :P

Edited by tjoracer

Oddly enough I actually rather like Tharja's personality for the most part. I found her low bullshit tolerance towards her teammates to be quite refreshing. Although the fact that she actually abuses them doesn't help her case. But what seals the deal with her is that she is implied to have raped Robin in their A-support. Of course she isn't supposed to be a rapist. She is merely supposed to be creepy because some people think that yandere and stalkers are hot. It's just that the game is trying to make her creepy by implying rape all the time:

Tharja: Aw, how sweet. She's sleeping. Sleeping and...helpless. Hee hee hee hee!
Tharja: Ah, finally, a perfect voodoo doll. Robin will have eyes only for me…
"Tharja's jealous obsession with Robin never subsided, even after her return to Plegia. Anecdotal evidence suggests she devoted most of her effort to hexes and curses that might reunite them."

Now there is certainly a place in the media for characters who are about made around the concept that abuse is funny, hot and cute, like very dark comedies for example.

But Awakening claims that it is a game that is supposedly all about love, friendship and comradely and all that. It's the game that has friendship speeches that are so cheesy that it would make Twilight Sparkle blush. But Tharja isn't about any of these things.

She doesn't care about love, she is all about one-sided lust. And she doesn't care about friendship, she only cares about herself. Comradely? She casually stabbed her comrades in the back and joined the Shepherds for no other reason then that she didn't give a shit about who lives or dies as long as it isn't her.

Now technically being an antithesis to those values could make her an interesting addition to the cast... except that she isn't treated that way. There is absolutely nothing in the game that suggest that we are supposed to see her as the contemptible person that she is. The game rather seems to want to avoid that, making her randomly act cute and have her sometimes shows basic human decency towards random people. And the other characters completely ignore her abuse, insist that she is totally a friend and marry her in the end. The game will even unironically put her next to the others in said cheesy friendship scenes.

So in the context of this game, she is even more unbearable then she would be anywhere else.

Edited by BrightBow

Well, this'll be interesting.

Tharja: Stalker, creepy, child-abusive

Vaike: I don't necessarily hate him, but he still has the stupidity problem

Gangrel: Obvious reason (AKA he's a douchebag)

Severa: No one cares about your inferiority issues and what else! Grow up! ...freaking tsundere.

Basilio: Too hot blooded (jk Basilio is love, Basilio is life)

Inigo: Mainly just the "womanizer" attitude, I'm on okay terms otherwise.

Nowi: loli (Why did I marry her on my very first file when I first got my physical copy?????)

I've yet to see Excellus mentioned. Is this topic only for recruitable characters or something?

Nowi: loli (Why did I marry her on my very first file when I first got my physical copy?????)

Because she's a very powerful ingame option for Avatar-M on every difficulty short of Lunatic+.

By that logic, you hate Myrrh, Fae, Tiki, Nah, and every other dragon girl in the entire series

Curse my lack of specification. First, I've only played FE7, FE9 (though not entirely), and FE13. Second (and I should have said THIS instead) is that despite all years of being alive, she acts like a 10-year-old, despite all that's going on (I know about her reasons for playing around in her A support with Nah, but there are other ways to improve abilities such as learning how to effectively dodging swords (I'm not referring to equipped skills on the map, I mean in general)). Yes, she has her moments. Yes, she is a good unit (like all of Awakening's Manaketes (too bad class variety only exists in Nah and Morgan)). HOWEVER, when you look at the fact that even Nah tends to act more mature (sort of), there's a bit of a problem. Also, how in blazes does calling one dragon a loli mean I refer to all of the other female dragons in the same regard?

Summing it up, when I said "loli," my error was that I didn't say "childish" instead.