Least Favorite Unit (Chrom, Lissa, etc) In Terms Of Personality.

noiku

That's silly. Why would IS push a certain set of pairings yet give us so many other options for pairings? That's just spitting in the faces of those who don't ship the "pushed" ones.

Honestly they're hardly being pushed given that people didn't even know about them until the ROM was decrypted. They're just... there.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly they're hardly being pushed given that people didn't even know about them until the ROM was decrypted. They're just... there.

Is there a list of this somewhere?

Well, I suppose. And I guess one reason for a support being built faster than another is simply that the two characters supporting already know each other fairly well, not that they're supposed to be canon.

Ooh, thank you!

Huh, interesting... Some of the pairings actually make sense background story-wise or compared to joining time. Emphasis on some. How does Panne have priority over Maribelle for Ricken? Must be a male-female ratio-thing.

I'm surprised to see that even the children have priority pairings though...

On-topic: I never used Ricken much before, but as I'm collecting his supports, my distaste for him is ever growing... Points to IS for properly fulfilling the annoying shotalittle brother-trope they're depicting him as though.

I'm not fond of most of the cast, but Severa takes the cake. I think you should put others' feelings before your own issues.

Also, I hand counted how many times I saw a specific character's name mentioned as disliked up to this point because I was bored.

Human error and misinterpretation exist, so it's a rough count. No particular order here. Multiple votes per person, to be clear.

Excellus 3

Frederick 5

Tharja 19

Panne 6

Virion 12

Yarne 13

Chrom 7

Owain 4

Severa 21

Cynthia 3

Nah 7

Noire 3

Kjelle 5

Vaike 12

Gaius 3

Ricken 8

Donnel 2

Validar 1

Libra 1

Kellam 5

Miriel 6

Brady 2

Laurent 4

Stahl 4

Sully 5

Cordelia 3

Emmeryn 4

Maribelle 3

Lissa 2

Nowi 2

Robin (M+F) 4

Sumia 2

Gangrel 2

Inigo 2

Gerome 3

Henry 2

Anna 1

Morgan (M+F) 1

Morgan (M) 1

Morgan (F) 1

Lucina 4

(Almost) Everyone 2 (I didn't count those that said they dislike most of the cast but went to specify standouts.)

Edited by Crizix

People really hate tsunderes here haha.

Just to be a contrarian, I may as well say I actually kind of like Severa, not neccessarily for being tsun but because I appreciate her snarkiness in a game full of hopeless optimism.

Edited by Irysa

I feel like Tsunderes have been overdone to the point where they're just annoying and I don't want to give them a chance. I'd off Severa, but she and Gerome paired together always kick ass and take names, so I can forgive her for being a bitch :P

I'm not fond of most of the cast, but Severa takes the cake. I think you should put others' feelings before your own issues.

Also, I hand counted how many times I saw a specific character's name mentioned as disliked up to this point because I was bored.

Human error and misinterpretation exist, so it's a rough count. No particular order here. Multiple votes per person, to be clear.

Excellus 3

Frederick 5

Tharja 19

Panne 6

Virion 12

Yarne 13

Chrom 7

Owain 4

Severa 21

Cynthia 3

Nah 7

Noire 3

Kjelle 5

Vaike 12

Gaius 3

Ricken 8

Donnel 2

Validar 1

Libra 1

Kellam 5

Miriel 6

Brady 2

Laurent 4

Stahl 4

Sully 5

Cordelia 3

Emmeryn 4

Maribelle 3

Lissa 2

Nowi 2

Robin (M+F) 4

Sumia 2

Gangrel 2

Inigo 2

Gerome 3

Henry 2

Anna 1

Morgan (M+F) 1

Morgan (M) 1

Morgan (F) 1

(Almost) Everyone 2 (I didn't count those that said they dislike most of the cast but went to specify standouts.)

Where's Lucina? A few people have mentioned hating her. Including myself.

Forgot about Female Morgan though, I don't at all like what I've seen of her (read a few supports since I don't plan on using a male Avatar).

Where's Lucina? A few people have mentioned hating her. Including myself.

Forgot about Female Morgan though, I don't at all like what I've seen of her (read a few supports since I don't plan on using a male Avatar).

...Whoops, my bad. Could've sworn she was there. Lucina's count is 4.

Dammit, this is what happens when I type up things like this.

Edit: I edited the original count post. Thanks for pointing that out.

Edited by Crizix

Gangrel, stupidly evil for the sake of being evil and he got revived for no good reason, just to try to show "oh i'm not so bad" Yes you are.

Not as bad as Valter but that's not a high standard.

Edited by Jedi

Gangrel, stupidly evil for the sake of being evil and he got revived for no good reason, just to try to show "oh i'm not so bad" Yes you are.

I actually really like Gangrel. Mostly because i feel like his reasons for being an asshole toward Ylisse and his animosity toward Emmeryn were not unfounded. Its just the game was lazy in fleshing that out.

Libra 1

Whoever that is, is bad and should feel bad. Libra is <3

I actually really like Gangrel. Mostly because i feel like his reasons for being an asshole toward Ylisse and his animosity toward Emmeryn were not unfounded. Its just the game was lazy in fleshing that out.

I can see that actually. I just don't like him much ^^;

Inigo, Tharja, and Virion suck. Sain was funny when he flirted with girls and talked of them, but Inigo and Virion do it in a way that makes me hate them. Tharja is a terrible mother and creepy stalker. Anna is pretty high up there too, but her nurse joy thing greatly outweighs the cons of her stupid desire for money. Reminds me of Mr. Krabs from Spongebob, he doesn't even spend it, he hoards it. Not Lucina because she is my current waifu and a waifu must be treated with respect. I only did S support with Lucina for Morgan with Aether, it was either that or Aversa and her Shadowgift skill.

But Lucina isn't that bad of a character as people say she is. Just because she is a little bland without any abnormal traits or behaviours like the blood freak, hero lover, loli, or pebble collector doesn't mean she sucks, she's just one of the most normal people there, and I understand how people hate normal. I don't like Lucina that much, but a waifu is a waifu and I shall absolutely not say horrid things about my second waifu.

People overstate Lucina's "blandness". She's a girl who has the world on her shoulders and is extremely sincere. If anything she's one of the only kids that acts appropriately considering what the future was apparently like. Can you seriously blame someone who's lost literally everything, had to redefine their life purpose and grow up in an extremely small span of time to take initiatve and lead the remaining survivors in an attempt to save everything for being like that? She's incredibly mature for her age but also shows a lot of unsureness and immaturity due to lack of experience. She really really cares about people, enough to make massive sacrifices, but self loathes and doubts simulteanously. She is a LAYERED character in a game full of characters who are defined by personality gimmicks.

Edited by Irysa

People overstate Lucina's "blandness". She's a girl who has the world on her shoulders and is extremely sincere. If anything she's one of the only kids that acts appropriately considering what the future was apparently like. Can you seriously blame someone who's lost literally everything, had to redefine their life purpose and grow up in an extremely small span of time to take initiatve and lead the remaining survivors in an attempt to save everything? She's incredibly mature for her age but also shows a lot of unsureness and immaturity due to lack of experience. She really really cares about people, enough to make massive sacrifices, but self loathes and doubts simulteanously. She is a LAYERED character in a game full of characters who are defined by personality gimmicks.

Agreed 100%.

Gangrel's support with female avatar somewhat supports this. Gangerl's support with male avatar. . .go read it. It's one of my favorite same-sex supports for a reason.

Gangrel's support with female avatar somewhat supports this. Gangerl's support with male avatar. . .go read it. It's one of my favorite same-sex supports for a reason.

OK I shall, see if I get swayed lol.

I cannot understand all the dislike for Lucina. She's one of the few (if not only) characters in Awakening who isn't just some type of weird personality stereotype. I mean sure, I love The Vaike and Gregor because they are funny, but Lucina is a much better developed character than all the gimmick characters in the game.

I hate Lucina because the whole "I must save the world!" thing is just about all there is to her and she just plain bores me. Yes, I've read some of her supports. I also don't like her design. And her fanbase is annoying (though not as annoying as Chrom's).

She's also kind of selfish if the Avatar is her mother or husband. I can't explain it well, but Sangyul put it into good words awhile back.

I can't understand the love for her. We'll just have to agree to disagree here.

Edited by Anacybele

All the children are fked up have at least one screw loose. It's more obvious for some and less for others.

• Lucina doesn't understand jokes because their concept isn't facilitative in a world of terror like the future past. Her mind develops an electra complex to bar out the thoughts of having the weight of the whole world on her shoulders, since saving her father will save the world as well, she can concentrate on both while only thinking of one. As she gets older and travels to the past, she eventually comes to terms with the burden she carries, but she still obsesses over her father in an unhealthy fassion. This obsession is almost enough to make her commit Matricide/Mariticide. Almost. Cute ol' Lucy almost becomes a lunatic psychopath.
  • Owain escapes into his fantasy world through his chuunibyou (basically delusions).
  • Inigo craves for love from females the same way a wanderer does crave a drink after straying in a desert for three days without liquid intake. Even though he likes to flirt with females, for some reason he finds it embarassing to be seen dancing, even though he is a dancer at heart. It doesn't make sense from a average persons's perspective. Histrionic personality disorder.
  • Brady is extremely lachrymose.
  • Kjelle has a inferiority complex.
  • Cynthia's skull is as empty as her environment when she grew up. She thinks too little. She is the polar opposite of Lucina.
  • Severa hides herself behind her ice queen demeanor (related to Kjelle's issue. Might be the reason she is attracted to Kjelle) while all she wants is to be loved. She desperately needs a warm hug.
  • Gerome went emo because his beloved mother left him all alone, he must have been mommy's darling.
  • Laurent is a closet pervert who overanalyzes generic events on a regular basis. I can't relate to him very well.
  • Noire suffers from persecutory delusion(paranoia) and is extremely whimsical and unstable.
  • Don't get me started on Yarne.

They all had their fair share of drama in their lives, can't blame them for snapping one way or another.

Personally, I dislike Virion's personality. All he ever does during the story is hide behind his sophistry . He gets better though, as is indicated in the epilogue.

Edit: Nah threatens to eat people constantly *shakes head)

Edited by Knusperkeks