Masquerade Part 2.2: Klaatu, Barada... Necktie

Nanami Touko

Valha perches, and Tristram almost loses an arm to a ferocious claw!

90 hit
roll: 58,77
Hit
17 damage

Group gains 1 EXP, Tristram gains 1 Lance WEXP

Creation M counters

68 hit
roll: 35,8
Hit
10 damage

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angus chanced a glance over his shoulder at the source of the roar, and spotted the serpent rise from the surface of the water. If they didn't get to the bridge quickly, they could all end up being it's food. "We need to move." he stated. "Now." The monsters blocking the pathway didn't seem nearly as dangerous now, and he quickly took another shot at one of the monsters barring their path.

Angus moves to (10,6) and attacks Creation M with the Greaterbow.

Things were beginning to look a little dire for the mercenaries. More of the "creations" began to scuttle from out of their hiding places. A gruesome eyeball attached to the body of a spider made up one of the new creatures. The others, though cloaked, he imagined were just as horrid. But it didn't stop there. Again he heard the same blood-curdling cry that had sent them all into a panic not too long ago. He turned to face the direction of the sound, just in time to witness a leviathan snapping up one of the larger creatures with ease. The sight was awe inspiring, but instilled a sense of fright in him as well. Even Ophelia was quiet, upon witnessing the sheer scale of the creature. It dwarfed her by comparison.

He began to shudder, thinking about how he had so careless perched himself above the water just a while ago. To think... That would have been the end right then and there. "I hate to say it, but there's really no turning back for us now!" he cried out. "There's more of the creatures up ahead, some of them are different than before, so keep your guards up!"

Lanos heard the screech from before and looked back at it's owner. "So that's what the hell it was..." he mumbled, awestruck. He almost forgot the he needed to keep running.

Lanos moves to 11,5 and looks at the spyder.

Vesta yelped at the appearance of yet more Jeffies. If that wasn't enough, a great stupid sea serpent showed up and decided it was time to ruin her day even more.

of all the days to stay in bed... She thought to herself, cursing her awful luck. Better get to that bridge before becoming lunch.

Vesta boldly flees to (9, 7), grabs the holy lance from Trist and chucks a hatchet at Jeffy M for good measure.

Edited by scolipede

"But Trist, your arm--ah, this isn't the time to worry about this. I'll get that lance right now!" She'd never seen anything like it before. But as long as the pointy end was in the creature, and not herself, it should all be good? "And, uh, thanks. . .I guess it's Vesta?" she said to Vesta.

Meredith runs to 8, 7, takes the Holy Lance from Vesta, and uses said Holy Lance to stab Pest M where it hurts (hopefully)

Ferdinand howled in pain as he got struck by one of the creatures. These things were getting stronger as the group moved forward.

"Raith, I need some help here. I... don't know how long we can keep these things at bay for the others to pass."

Ferdinand moves to (11,11).

Did... did the monster actually look back at him? What was that thing's purpose anyway? It didn't look like it could attack, only watch. Suddenly he had an idea; he stuck his tongue out at the spyeder. That would surely teach it to look at him!

Kadin's ethereal implement struck as well as it could against the creature, as he narrowly avoided a counter strike!

95 hit
roll: 37,69
Hit
5 damage

Group gains 1 EXP, Kadin gains 1 Lance WEXP

Creation I counters

71 hit
roll: 75,90
Miss

No one throws an axe quite like Gast-- Vesta!

88 hit
roll: 44,63
Hit
4 damage

Group gains 1 EXP, Vesta gains 1 Axe WEXP

Meredith also got to enjoy the sizzle of magical weaponry against morphed flesh, the creature falling to the group in a slumped pile.

98 hit
roll: 67,72
Hit
13 damage

Creation M is felled

Group gains 3 EXP, Meredith gains 2 Lance WEXP

Raith heals Ferd! Group gains 2 EXP, Raith gains 2 Staff WEXP!

The spyeder stared harder at Lanos, before shrieking quietly, and looking away.

Edited by I have opinions

"My arm's fine. A little bit closer to the shoulder and it would have been bad, but thankfully it's ok. And good work. Though I will want that lance back at some point." He grinned at her.

Maja snags that greedy WEXP aw yissssss

NPC Phase!

Makin keeps herself up front, ready to face down the horrors that may come.

Makin to 12,10

Vriska and Isabelle keep running as fast as their legs and horses can carry them.

Vriska to 11,7, Isabelle to 12,5

Ingverd decides to be curious about the spyeder, striking at it with his steel sword!

93 hit
roll1: 55,10
roll2: 47,78
Hitx2
Critx1
8 damage

Group gains 1 EXP, Ingverd gains 2 Sword WEXP

It didn't amount to much, his sword bouncing off the skin of the creature as if it was made of steel. "Wh-What are these? Everyone, just, run past them! Don't bother attacking! They're too tough!"

Enemy Phase!

Two of the monsters show their intelligence by tag teaming Ferdinand!

67 hit
roll: 44,38
Hit
19 damage

Ferdinand Counters

75 hit
roll: 39,23
Hit
11 damage

Group gains 1 EXP, Ferdinand gains 1 Axe WEXP
88 hit
roll: 58,86
Hit
16 damage

Ferdinand falls...

The centaur hits the snow with a thud, and they crow in triumph!

The rest of the creatures creep closer, intent on continuing what their fellow creations have started...

The snake continues to scan the snow, not bestowed with the best sight, content to simply sit, for now.

Player Phase!

Turn 7/11!

Ferdinand has lost a down!

a5GXXbH.png

Sheet!

As Lanos scanned the ground for somewhere else to flee he saw Ferdinand on the ground. Figuring that the group would probably need some help with someone down he decided to lend a hand, going for the newer creation.

Lanos moves to 10,9 and fishes for crits (stabs Mage A with Tulwar).

Lanos flies in for the kill, and almost succeeds, but gets some singed feathers for his efforts!

92 hit
roll1: 40,28
roll2: 64,70
Hitx2
30 damage

Group gains 1 EXP, Lanos gains 2 WEXP

Mage counters

75 hit
roll: 39,16
Hit
16 damage
Edited by I have opinions

Seeing how a certain lance was being passed around up above, Heather quickly caught on to its importance and approached Meredith. "Here, give that to me," she suggested, taking it and readying a shot at the foe before her.

Heather moves to (8, 6), takes the Holy Lance from Meredith, and uses her Steel Bow to attack Creation Mage B.