Dot.hack//The World:R1 Mafia(Game thread)

Shinori

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i lost my post from last night so brb while i at least re-construct my eury case

@refa at least wait until i explain my thought process ok. then you can tear it apart

also sorry idk about rapier anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it's also come to my attention that I actually don't remember the middle of D1, ie I didn't remember voting terra until marth reminded me that I did so lmao idek

Dude, I don't have any problem with your thought process (I mean, I agree with it), just your confidence seemed kind of off.

63 pages, I'm not reading all that. Yes, I only had time to read yesterday, and when I got there it was a huge topic. I'll try to make my own game with what I have on my hands.

Also someone stole my role through a PR Day action. Beware.

I'll be ISOing Baldrick right now and answering to his points, it is the least I can do... err, at least.

I suppose so, but my point is Rapier changed his opinion on Blitz without warning. If it was just NMOM he wouldn't have made a half-assed justification.

He didn't really push Blitz that hard either.

You're thinking through the wrong assumption that I decided to find Blitz scummy suddenly. I said it was safer to lynch you or Blitz because me and Weapons apparently have similar roles, and I understand that it would be bad for town if we lost Weapons' role. I actually had no read on Blitz, he was inactive and I couldn't remember anything of note that he did beforehand. As scum, it'd have made more sense if I pushed for your lynch instead of offering Blitz as an alternative as well.

His explanation on his thought progression on Marth is too scummy to handwave. You brought up something Marth said on page 3 (the most recent at the time) in your first post, so your excuse that you hadn't read the most recent page until your second post is bull.

Ok. Tell me what is scummy in saying I am not going to vote, then deciding two minutes later that I will. Seriously, why is this a thing? Rethinking about a decision is not a scumtell. Pushing a case on me in basis of this is also easily opportunistic.

Rapier's case was sheeping Marth/SB on my read on him. Unlike those two and Refa, he has not responded to my defence at all.

My bad. I'll address your case and make up for it.

Baldrick's case on me is easy. His reason to find me scummy amounts to the fact that I rethought about my actions and decided to vote instead of not vote. This is hardly a scumtell, or if it is, I dare anyone point out how it is.

He also sheeps Weapons' case on me without further expanding on why his case on me went from bad from good. I've objected to some of Weapons' points, but apparently Baldrick ignored them or could not think of a counter argument. And yet he complains that I had not addressed him? Sad.

Baldrick fails to provide a solid reason for why I am scummy, or when he does, they are vague. I can see how scum would indulge in vagueness and easy cases to lynch someone. His case on me is scummy.

##Vote: Baldrick

you guys should all unvote Rapier because I just insta-daycop-vanillized him and he's town

MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE RESPONDED TO MY MESSAGE KIRSCHE

Ok, now tell me why the fuck you vanillized an alignment cop without first consulting Kirsche.

Dude, I don't have any problem with your thought process (I mean, I agree with it), just your confidence seemed kind of off.

why is it bad that I'm confident in eury being scum? it's not like I've never gotten confident in a read before so I don't really get it

See the thing is when Poly drew attention to Blitz, I read through his iso and came to I feel like the exact same conclusions as Poly. Of course there wasn't much content to go by, which was kind of the point; town Blitz should've been a lot more active and certainly wouldn't have not checked the thread for a half a day leading to phase end.

But dude, what made you feel so strongly about it in the end (considering you were willing to vote him over Rapier)? I know you said something before about your case on Rapier weakening, but like I don't know why?

I don't get why you read the tone as town considering I thought it was kind of scummy how self-assured he was but shrug. I don't think scum/scum D1 wagons here would be weird either? Blitz was a turbolynch which kind of screws with associatives and AA mafia Day 2 happened so like... anything is possible.

I don't see scum/scum wagons to be that likely either, but there were like four wagons on Day 1 (not counting the one on kirsche), so...

Idk about Marth now. I thought his early claim was townie but I'm getting paranoid that it's like in Qprogue where Refa claimed Vengeful as scum for no reason in order to try and get towncred and it fooled 80% of the game. He also kind of parked on me for a while without really saying much on me but idk how much I posted in that time and I'm too sleepy to bother to check. But yeah he also seemed pretty against the Blitz lynch just because it was a turbo, which is reasonable on its own but I would've at least expected him to have tried to read the slot? It's really weird. He voted there in the end but the lynch was pretty much locked in. I also think that saying "I agree Rapier is town BUT <convoluted role stuff why he isn't clear>" is kind of weird and looks like scum keeping lynch options open, and the "Via is probably ITP for a weak end of day vote" also didn't make any sense to me? Please explain.

Refa's ISO makes me cry because >7 pages on ED2 so I'm mostly skimming it. But my general feeling is still the same that it feels like he's motivated and producing decent content. His stance on Blitz was kind of iffy but at the same time it didn't read like he tried too hard to save him? Not sure if this is scum unsure of how to react to their buddy being turboed or town just disagreeing though.

Dude, that was the best even though Prims' said that it was obviously a counter to Xinny's role. Man, if he was scum parking on you, then I don't see why he hasn't really bothered casing you today? I figured Marthipan like, didn't have a solid read on the Blitz slot (much like yours truly), but he should probably explain himself there too. The next points make sense, I suppose.

I voted where I felt was right at the time, and didn't make an effort to convince people not to vote Blitz because that's not something that I'll ever do unless I'm confident that he's town.

@Refa; is the SFMM4 thing a joke?

...So I reread what I said dude, and ugh...Fixing it now.

On a completely unrelated note, has BBM ever had trouble scumreading people as scum because otherwise his play is pretty much like SFMM4 (replace the patented Elie tunnel with the way better Blitz tunnel) and he's probably town.

Refa, can you explain how you think Blitz's vote on Rapier makes Rapier more likely to be his scumbuddy? I read your post and tried to think about how that was a thing and it's like... You think Blitz was trying to distance or something something, since Rapier wasn't getting lynched anyway.

Something I found disconcerting about Rapier upon reading his play in Guitar (town) and C9++ (mafia) compared to this is that in C9++ he also had that kind of arrogant tone that I had previously thought was him just being yolotown dgaf. Granted, this game was two years ago, but I couldn't find another scum game by him. He was much more humble.

I should have probably like, explained myself better. It doesn't make Rapier more likely to be his scumbuddy (since he would've voted Rapier regardless of his alignment), it's just how I interpreted it. In retrospect, it probably is kind of confirmation biasey, so dropping that point.

Wasn't Rapier scum in a more recent mafia game, dude? I uh...don't remember the one, but I'm pretty sure SB was in it.

Yeah, I didn't expect Rapier to do anything either. But if he asked for a sub it may be him trying to buy his slot time. IIRC he just let himself be lynched in Duelist Kingdom.

He did, it was the worst. I could see him doing it as scum.

Last page merits responses on its own.

why is it bad that I'm confident in eury being scum? it's not like I've never gotten confident in a read before so I don't really get it

Nah, confidence isn't bad (it's the opposite), it's just I don't get why you were so confident based solely on Eury's reply regarding you and Blitz?

Day 2 Votals: The Third

Rapier (5): TTPK_Tal/Baldrick, Randa, WeaponsOfMassConstruction, SB., Green Poet

Eurykins (1): Quote

WeaponsOfMassConstruction (1): Bluedoom

Randa (1): Eurykins

Baldrick (1): Rapier

Voteless (7): eclipse, kirsche, Paperblade, Blackhawk Stinger, Lord Gaius, Refa, BBM

Day 2 ends in 36 hours and 50 minutes. A lynch occurs when the mandatory hammer of 9 votes is reached prior to mod-declared Phase End. No hammer = No lynch.

(The previous votals have been edited, I missed Eurykins voting for Randa).

Edited by Sara.

Nah, confidence isn't bad (it's the opposite), it's just I don't get why you were so confident based solely on Eury's reply regarding you and Blitz?

although it's true I'm the most confident in that bit (except I also didn't like her response to my vote), there's more to it than that. when I voted Eury I was in class and didn't have a lot of time

was there another question you had for me refa bc I remember something else but not what it was and I'm looking though ISOs rn lol

It was about how you didn't want to vote Rapier today IIIRC? I think you already answered that though dude (in a way anyways).

Speaking of Eurykins, I should probably like get around to that ISO of herself that I was going to do...

What the fuck.

I am mildly suspicious of BBM on claim because Cop+Mason Recruiter+Daycop is completely what the fuck, and also I think I fakeclaimed the exact same thing in an MotK game he co-modded except it was a night action instead of a day one. Also why did you decide to yolo on Rapier instead of scanning me when you had literally everyone else as town?

@Refa, I was talking about what Marth did on Day 1. I don't actually remember what he's doing today which is kind of worrisome.

yeah ftr I don't see BBM's claim being town but the way he used his role and outed it seems kinda ballsy, do you think scum!BBM would do that or was it something kirsche just told him to do?

What the fuck.

I am mildly suspicious of BBM on claim because Cop+Mason Recruiter+Daycop is completely what the fuck, and also I think I fakeclaimed the exact same thing in an MotK game he co-modded except it was a night action instead of a day one. Also why did you decide to yolo on Rapier instead of scanning me when you had literally everyone else as town?
@Refa, I was talking about what Marth did on Day 1. I don't actually remember what he's doing today which is kind of worrisome.

Dude, I thought about that, but it doesn't make sense for him to clear the leading wagon (unless they're scumbuddies, I suppose, but not scumreading BBM on his own merits so...) as scum?

Fair enough on Marthipan, I suppose.

Dude, I thought about that, but it doesn't make sense for him to clear the leading wagon (unless they're scumbuddies, I suppose, but not scumreading BBM on his own merits so...) as scum?

what I was thinking is would scum!bbm do something ballsy like this tho