Dot.hack//The World:R1 Mafia(Game thread)

Shinori

man whenever there's a town leader my motivation to actually scumhunt takes a nosedive and I just start rolespeccing, even when the town leader isn't me

@Eury- mafia lynchproof is pretty strong which is why I was unsure. I was also trying to communicate something to kirsche with what I said about Blitz but then I just ended up messaging him anyways so w/e.

going to take a shower to awaken myself and then I will be back in the thread

Refa what do you think about what Paper said about how Gaius would have known Blitz was lynchproof if he were scum?

kinda wondering if scum Via would admit their LD1 play slacked a little. Last game I played where Via was scum was SFMM3 I think and I died N1 and got spoiled immediately after so icr how her play was.

I remember my Randa read; I kind of didn't like how he was pushing kirsche for strongarming town and then trying to strongarm his buddy into claiming to him, but I'm also not sure if scum Randa would go around messaging people asking if they were kirsche's buddy? Feels too obvious. sigh.

basically townreading everyone except SB and eclipse right now this is terrible. If eclipse starts analyzing how the posts of the person she subbed in for were scummy she's probably scum.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Refa what do you think about what Paper said about how Gaius would have known Blitz was lynchproof if he were scum?

I don't think newb scum is ever inclined to bus unless instructed to do so (even if it's optimal), or at least that's how I was at any rate, dude.

basically townreading everyone except SB and eclipse right now this is terrible. If eclipse starts analyzing how the posts of the person she subbed in for were scummy she's probably scum.

WAY TO TOTALLY RUIN EVERYTHING BROKE BACK MOUNTAIN DUDE

On a completely unrelated note, has BBM ever had trouble scumreading people as scum because otherwise his play is pretty much like SFMM4 (replace the patented Elie tunnel with the way better Blitz tunnel) and he's probably scum.

Refa for scumlord for making me read Blitz. Time to get some reads, which will be completely independent of mostly everything else in this game. This is hardly the most efficient way of scumhunting, but it's the only way I'm going to keep my sanity.

First question: Who subbed in for Ciraxis? Blitz makes a weird vote ED1, and it's bugging me a little bit.

I'll just post my impressions as I go, while completely ignoring the vast majority of clusterfuck.

- Bizz interactions. . .are neutral at this point. Can go either way TBH.

- Response to SB regarding Refa is odd. Feels like one of them is scum (can't tell which one, and screw having a read based off of a single response in ED1), but not both.

- Blitz is being cryptic as fuck, and I'd have loved to have pressed him had I been in here earlier.

- Long post. A flip-floppy read on Poly makes me think that Poly's either town or an expendable scum (leaning towards the former ATM), and that blurb on Paper makes me think that he's town, too. Kinda think that BBM is town, too, but it's a really weak read.

- After reading the last bits, I've decided that Poly is town.

Since I now have leads in the form of SB/Refa, I did a quick skim of their respective ISOs. Things that stuck out:

- This. The last lynch priority was this. Of those, I see some dialogue between Baldrick and SB, I can't tell why Paperblade was dropped, Terrador was shot, and what happened to that Rapier read - like, how'd Blitz suddenly jump so high? SB's passive style would be eh on its own, but combined with those votes, it looks really scummy.

- This quote rubs me wrong:

Yeah, but I'm more notable than you dude.

The most notable thing I see from Refa is seven pages of ISO, and a quick skim of the last two pages show frightening sparse content. The other thing that I don't like

Although I'd definitely vote that Leaf Green dude tomorrow after a Scum!Rapier flip.

Why not push Gaius immediately, as opposed to waiting?

For someone with as many posts as he has, I don't feel like Refa's that enthusiastic about the game (yes I know phoneposting sucks, but you don't have to do it every single time there's a response, especially if it adds nothing to the thread). . .and since he HAS so many posts, it's strange. Not quite as scummy as SB's antics so far, but still pretty bad.

So, based on a very incomplete read, which definitely lacks things like context. . .

##Vote: SB

As for the Blitz shot, I think that the third party has a good safe claim, so there was no need to shoot kirsche.

Cut by a vote on me that I can't really make sense of? I didn't drop my Paper read, he just wasn't a viable wagon at the time, whereas Blitz had actual support. And I don't get why helping to lynch scum is scummy? Please explain.

Marth and Refa's ISOs both suck.

Cut by a vote on me that I can't really make sense of? I didn't drop my Paper read, he just wasn't a viable wagon at the time, whereas Blitz had actual support. And I don't get why helping to lynch scum is scummy? Please explain.

Marth and Refa's ISOs both suck.

It feels like you dropped a vote on Blitz without really explaining why you didn't want to push anyone else in your priority list (sans Terrador, who was kind of dead).

First question: Who subbed in for Ciraxis? Blitz makes a weird vote ED1, and it's bugging me a little bit.

Since I now have leads in the form of SB/Refa, I did a quick skim of their respective ISOs. Things that stuck out:

The most notable thing I see from Refa is seven pages of ISO, and a quick skim of the last two pages show frightening sparse content. The other thing that I don't like

Why not push Gaius immediately, as opposed to waiting?

For someone with as many posts as he has, I don't feel like Refa's that enthusiastic about the game (yes I know phoneposting sucks, but you don't have to do it every single time there's a response, especially if it adds nothing to the thread). . .and since he HAS so many posts, it's strange. Not quite as scummy as SB's antics so far, but still pretty bad.

BBM subbed in for Ciraxis.

That quote was a response to BBM saying that he couldn't remember his own meta lol. Obviously since I'm the best, he should still remember my meta over even his own.

I didn't vote Gaius because it was at the end of the day and he wasn't a viable lynch? Like dude, it's elementary. And considering my vote today, it's kind of obvious who I have a stronger scumread on anyways...

As for my lack of enthusiasm...not telling!

fuck chrome making me lose posts

I was starting to get suspicious of Blitz after a post he made after I posted my lynch priority and by the time the wagon came up I felt good enough to start pushing it, especially when I kind of thought Poly might've been softing a Daycop guilty on Blitz until the whole Godfather flip happened.

BBM subbed in for Ciraxis.

This helps. . .a lot. I'll explain in a bit.

That quote was a response to BBM saying that he couldn't remember his own meta lol. Obviously since I'm the best, he should still remember my meta over even his own.

You mean "least memorable aside from spam." Because that's my impression of you. :P:

I didn't vote Gaius because it was at the end of the day and he wasn't a viable lynch? Like dude, it's elementary. And considering my vote today, it's kind of obvious who I have a stronger scumread on anyways...

So push your strongest scumread and pressure the others? I see a distinct lack of push on someone who you seem to have a not-townread on.

Anyway, back to the Ciraxis thing. This, on its own, makes it look like Blitz is passively letting BBM go, hence the weak town read. However, when I combine that with Blitz's ED1 vote on Ciraxis, it makes BBM look slightly scummy. In terms of content, I'm okay with what BBM has been producing, even if I don't agree with all of his reads. It sounds like he's trying to scumhunt (yes this is D1 logic speaking, bite me). Since BBM is scummy based off of associative reads and town off of his own content, I'll stick to the town read.

You mean "least memorable aside from spam." Because that's my impression of you. :P:

So push your strongest scumread and pressure the others? I see a distinct lack of push on someone who you seem to have a not-townread on.

Dude, that's like, just your opinion.

The only person I haven't pushed hard enough who I'm also bothered by is Eurykins, and that is my bad since I'm just being a total slacker on that one.

Note to self: USE PREVIEW.

fuck chrome making me lose posts

I was starting to get suspicious of Blitz after a post he made after I posted my lynch priority and by the time the wagon came up I felt good enough to start pushing it, especially when I kind of thought Poly might've been softing a Daycop guilty on Blitz until the whole Godfather flip happened.

This still feels really odd, but I'll file it away for now. The final question I have is this: You seem to have a scumread on Rapier, so why don't you have a vote on him? He's nowhere near hammer numbers ATM.

Rapier's content:spam ratio is surprisingly good. I'm gonna attempt to figure out why everyone dislikes him, because my read on him right now is "contributing", which is pretty good for him.

Polydeuces- Blitz's interactions with Poly are pretty good (as in, Poly makes more sense as town from them), but I feel like I'm the only one who thinks Poly's interactions are pretty bad. It reminds me of SF3 where he tunneled on me because well we told him too. Like, I don't see why Town!Poly would be so confident in his case based purely on RVS content and not even reconsider it ever. I mean, he basically repeated his case a bunch of times but it never felt like it got updated which is weird. Only thing that makes me less sure here is that I don't see him saying "okay it's 1 AM and I can't really content well at this point but I HAVE NEVER FELT SO GOOD ABOUT BEING RIGHT ABOUT A SCUMREAD OMFG" as scum, so maybe I'm just annoyed that he's been a lot harder to read in this game than usual.

See the thing is when Poly drew attention to Blitz, I read through his iso and came to I feel like the exact same conclusions as Poly. Of course there wasn't much content to go by, which was kind of the point; town Blitz should've been a lot more active and certainly wouldn't have not checked the thread for a half a day leading to phase end.

##Vote: Rapier

Same reasoning as yesterday plus a suspicion that I developed overnight. I am a bit wary that I just usually read Rapier as scum, but I'm good enough on it for now.

@Eclipse- Pretty much everyone who was scumreading Ciraxis dropped me after I subbed in, not just Blitz, probably because I'm awesome and also because Manix isn't in this game.

@SB- I've said why I think Rapier is town like 50 times man. His tone doesn't read scum to me; even if his logic doesn't make sense his posts are/were too earnest and sound like legit town belief rather than scum making shit up. Also it would have to be dual scum wagons on D1 and while that's not impossible it seems unlikely?

@Refa- wasn't I town in SFMM4? idgi. ALSO nvm I thought Paper was talking about Gaius but he was actually referring to GP. Now I need to go back and try to get something out of Gaius, bother. You're right about newbies not bussing unless being told to do so and I wonder if his scumteam could have told him to hammer Blitz for towncred? bah

Weapons I swear you said that you were holding off on voting Rapier cuz roles?

so tired; shower did not help

also I have a test to study for tomorrow that I am not as prepared for as I thought I was

@SB- I've said why I think Rapier is town like 50 times man. His tone doesn't read scum to me; even if his logic doesn't make sense his posts are/were too earnest and sound like legit town belief rather than scum making shit up. Also it would have to be dual scum wagons on D1 and while that's not impossible it seems unlikely?

I don't get why you read the tone as town considering I thought it was kind of scummy how self-assured he was but shrug. I don't think scum/scum D1 wagons here would be weird either? Blitz was a turbolynch which kind of screws with associatives and AA mafia Day 2 happened so like... anything is possible.

@Eclipse; if you want a rapier case, read this http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52652&view=findpost&p=3667672

I don't get how Blitz's RVS vote affects your associative read on BBM

It was a vote hop with very little explanation. I know it's ED1, but even those can be telling, if it's mafia who doesn't think that they'll flip immediately.

That's a good outline of one, and it's enough to motivate me to actually read Rapier. As usual, he's all over the place (moreso than me). However, I'm a bit miffed that your case lacks this:

I mean, how is everyone buying all these terrible cases? This is absolutely silly.

It's one thing to call a case terrible, and another to illustrate WHY it's terrible. He's consistent about not explaining things, though (source: Baldrick's linked case). I can't tell if his attitude is part of his role PM, though - it's pretty condescending IMO, and that could be rubbing people wrong. Whether Rapier's legit busy and unable to make in-depth responses to the cases against him or is scum and avoiding cases is up in the air - unlike Baldrick, I'm not convinced it's the latter. After that reread, I won't be averse to lynching Rapier, but I'd like to leave the final decision up to kirsche (as it sounds like Rapier has some sort of role).

Still wary of SB, but I don't think he warrants a vote any more.

##Unvote

There's something I'm waiting for, so I'm going to hold off on voting Refa. . .or anyone else, for that matter.

@Refa- wasn't I town in SFMM4? idgi. ALSO nvm I thought Paper was talking about Gaius but he was actually referring to GP. Now I need to go back and try to get something out of Gaius, bother. You're right about newbies not bussing unless being told to do so and I wonder if his scumteam could have told him to hammer Blitz for towncred? bah

Yeah, so? What's not to get, dude?