Dot.hack//The World:R1 Mafia(Game thread)

Shinori

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's make this fancier.

Day 2 Votals: The Nth

Randa (4): Eurykins, WeaponsOfMassConstruction, BBM, TTPK_Tal/Baldrick
Rapier (2): Randa, SB.
Eurykins (1): Quote
WeaponsOfMassConstruction (1): Bluedoom
Baldrick (1): Rapier
Voteless (5): eclipse, Paperblade, Blackhawk Stinger, Lord Gaius, Green Poet

Day 2 ends in some amount of time. A lynch occurs when the mandatory hammer of 8 votes is reached prior to mod-declared Phase End. No hammer = No lynch.
So Randa is alleged at L-4.

Problem is, Randa sort of left without a trace. This is a null tell, since he does it all the time. Most of what I have problems with is D1 content, and that lacks all the flips so far. The biggest indication that he's town is the fact that he argued with kirsche for as long as he did. So far, the only person who I'm iffy about in terms of the Randa lynch is Baldrick - he went from this to voting Randa, and those questions he asked me. . .my gut doesn't like it, but I can't express it as words.

IMO this is more like an inactive lynch based off of D1 things. Take that as you will.

And Weapons, what are YOUR thoughts about Randa, based off of content/stuff in the game? Man, I sound like a broken record.

Still would rather lynch Eury over Randa ;_;

But I guess the issue I have with Randa is for D1 he was just... there... it feels like he had quite a bit of content but I barely remember it aside from his early distrust of kirsche. Like he commented on a bunch of things and that's about it

@BBM; I wrote an email like 12 hours ago and it hasn't been sent.

@eclipse;

1. kirsche's first post on its own looked jokey, but he did try to seriously lead the town after.

2. I've just realised something that makes the point I was making moot. Explaining below

4. My issue with it is that scum can pick up on your crumbs, and the codes are (theoretically) secure. If it's something only your target should be able to figure out, that's OK.

Something I've just noticed makes me like Randa's ED1 less. He said he wanted kirsche's partner to claim to him or he would vote kirsche. He didn't get it, because he sent a message to Marth later and said he still didn't trust kirsche, but never pursued it. Either he forgot about it or it was a bluff, both look quite bad imo.

Around the middle of D1 he made basically a list post of reads split up into multiple posts, then after terra got vigged he seemed to have no idea who he wanted to lynch.

I agree with Eury that not even being aware of terra/blitz roles ED2 is beyond slack.

What Marth said to me assauged my doubts. fyi, the questions are less to do with Randa and more to do with helping my read on you.

@Weapons, isn't that the job of people on the counterwagons? that's the problem when people don't turn up. No defence unless somebody thinks they're obvtown.

4. My issue with it is that scum can pick up on your crumbs, and the codes are (theoretically) secure. If it's something only your target should be able to figure out, that's OK.

The only way for scum to pick up on this is if they intercepted my message. . .but they'd need BOTH messages to fully comprehend what I mean. Otherwise, they can guess until they're blue in the face, and even if they get it right, it won't swing the balance of the game such that it's an auto-win for them.

Prefers Randa (Haven't got an "I voted" sticker)

Eury
Weapons
BBM
Baldrick
SB
(Eclipse)
(Marth)

Prefers Eury (Same again)

(Paper)
(Randa)
(Rapier?)

Get the fuck in here and say something

Poly
GP
LG

I remember him saying something unmemorable at like the beginning of the day idk

I guess I'll vote Randa today on the grounds that he's a null read for me anyway on top of ALL THE DAMN TOWNREADS I have in this game right now (aside from Eury). When does day end?

also sorry I gave up on the Eury case since I don't feel like getting more shit from her ingame, like if anyone wants clarification on stuff fine, but I still think she's scum and REALLY don't like the ITP fearmongering wrt BBM, although I thought something similar about Terra wrt Kirsche and he turned out to be town so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I realize I'm gonna get more shit either way "WOW VIA HASN'T EVEN POSTED THE CASE YET TUNNELING SCUMMY PLAY WOW BUZZWORDS" but w/e

also I don't mean this to be rude I'm just saying, sorry if I sound like an asshole though I'm really just a lazy shit.

something else I thought was weird about Eury though is she keeps saying like "X has SCUMMY PLAY" instead of "I think X is scum," like the former doesn't give me as clear of a read as the latter does, which by the way I think is scummy. I see scum do this a lot. idr which anon game it was, but I remember in this one Prims-hosted anon game someone's case on someone else was like "X is being really unhelpful" but said nothing about actually thinking they were scum, and surprise that player (the one who made the case) actually turned out to be scum

I remember Eury doing stuff like this in a game before, but I don't remember what her alignment was there? And I don't want to read wallposts from different games to try and get a grasp on her meta.

BBM, help?

I guess I should read Randa ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

im gonna overuse the shrug emoticon until you guys never wanna see it again

I remember him saying something unmemorable at like the beginning of the day idk

:3

Both Randa and Eury have a history of not turning up as town... it's really annoying.

I have a nullread on GP/Weapons, a last minute not thought out turbo is a good idea, right?

I thought Eury had a townie D1 in that she posted a lot of fairly meaty posts in succession but considering she consciously broke up one of her regular wallposts it could actually just be one of her regular posts. Generally I read Eury based on the amount of walls she posts rather than the content in them.

I kind of do remember Eury being paranoid in previous games but I have like no idea which one. But Baldrick also said something along those lines so it probably is a thing.

urgh I really wish Randa had made more than one post this phase but at this point I also don't want to move to Eury and miss out on a lynch, since we only have ~6 hours left and idk how many people will be back to change their votes.