Who is your least favorite character in the Tellius games?

Not to the same degree. They, ok Elincia was willing to, wouldn't put someone else life in jeopardy. None of those explored the darker aspects of ruling a poor nation and having to resort to crimes and dirty work just to get ahead.

"Wouldn't put someone else's life in jeopardy?" In order to protect her country, Micaiah wiped out all the entire Crimean Royal Knights that were with the Apostle's Army and the far larger Benion Central Army. And while the Blood Pact is a stupid plot device, it's the very same plot device that is used to explain Naesala's actions.

Edit:

And it's not like Elincia didn't change her tune either. Lucia may not have died but Elincia realized that letting the fleeing rebels escape was a mistake and decided that they had to be destroyed for good so that they couldn't cause more unrest.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Wouldn't put someone else's life in jeopardy?" In order to protect her country, Micaiah wiped out all the entire Crimean Royal Knights that were with the Apostle's Army and the far larger Benion Central Army. And while the Blood Pact is a stupid plot device, it's the very same plot device that is used to explain Naesala's actions.

Edit:

And it's not like Elincia didn't change her tune either. Lucia may not have died but Elincia realized that letting the fleeing rebels escape was a mistake and decided that they had to be destroyed for good so that they couldn't cause more unrest.

I like cutthroat characters like Naesala and Patrine who get stuff done with no remorse. Not softies who's last resort is to be aggressive. It's just my opinion. I like deceptive characters not ones that have a bird telling them what will happen...

I seriously hope this line is a joke...

It is... There's cleaning too ;)

Naesala's ending has him trying to atone for what he did. He doesn't get to be both a badass who gets stuff done with no remorse, and a tragic hero who was being forced to do bad things against his will.

Edited by Radiant head

Naesala's ending has him trying to atone for what he did. He doesn't get to be both a badass who gets stuff done with no remorse, and a tragic hero who was being forced to do bad things against his will.

Considering how many OTHER characters got their personalities screwed up entirely between POR and RD; yes, Naesala can be both. BA who gets stuff done with no remorse in POR, and tragic hero who's being forced to do bad things against his will in RD.

FE10 Ike

No character very bland his influence on the story make it look even worse he also looks like pure shit and is just WOW look at my musle compared to the other "ogmas" that ive seen he is pretty much my least favorite he is also my 2nd least favorite lord after Lyn and Eirika who are poor fail whores just like him but he gets points for being a good unit

Posted · Hidden by Ϲharlie, July 10, 2015 - hidden on request
Hidden by Ϲharlie, July 10, 2015 - hidden on request

Oliver. There's really nothing to redeem him at all as far as I know.

(I only have watched a LP of POR so far, so I don't know if he does something to redeem himself in RD or not yet.)

• 2 weeks later...

Gareth. He just looks... strange. Or at least that's what I thought years ago when I was in grade 8 or so.

I think every time I had to see that guy in Radiant Dawn, I would use Soren or Tormod to kill him with meteor or something. I should feel bad.

I remember I helped out in a kindergarten class, and a kid had that name. The kid was really cute but the name was just so.... eugh

The worst part about it was that he liked talking to me and I felt so bad... Actually, there were a few kids in that class with Tellius names. There was a Mia, Nolan and Oscar, I think.

Edited by Anya

After reading all this topic, I know that I will never play FE9 and FE10. Not because they're bad games or anything, but because I don't want to enter int this swirling madness.

After reading all this topic, I know that I will never play FE9 and FE10. Not because they're bad games or anything, but because I don't want to enter int this swirling madness.

If you think too hard about them, most Fire Emblem games have pretty shallow, basic characters. Pretty much any video game for that matter. The games are pretty fun in all actuality.

Yes, PoR and RD are my favorite games of all time not simply because I like a lot of the characters, but I really enjoy the gameplay and story too!

Heck, EVERY character in the Archenea series(including Awakening) of FE was focused primarily on one trait. Elibe and Tellius have better developed characters imo, but all FE games have characters with one trait.

Heck, IS isn't even above reusing traits for different characters.

Lon'qu is a male Florina, and Panne is bunny Lethe for example.

In Arkanea a lot of characters only said one sentence then were silent. The few (fewfewfewfewfewfew) characters developed were instead interesting and with a good quantity of lines and arguments.

At least they're not like Awakening, where every character have thirty phrases on the same thing.

However, is not this the right topic.

It's hard for me to dislike Tellius characters, but I guess these would be Brom, Meg, Ilyana, Makalov, Iizuka and Oliver (why won't you die).

If you think too hard about them, most Fire Emblem games have pretty shallow, basic characters.

Not all characters in FE are well developped, that's true, but those who are... I really like Eliwood, Hector, Ike, Leaf and Elincia's character development, just to name a few.

Edited by Rapier

Not all characters in FE are well developped, that's true, but those who are... I really like Eliwood, Hector, Ike, Leaf and Elincia's character development, just to name a few.

I agree. Characters that get lots of screen time can be interesting, though it isn't a guarantee. The point is that Tellius characters really aren't that much better or worse than other characters in the series.

Heather is definitely my least favorite Tellius character, as far as playable characters go. Her character is dumb and boring, and it doesn't help that she hardly gets any character development at all. And, she's a worthless unit, she's just a worse version of Sothe, who himself is pretty bad in the Endgame. I have to give some mentions to Devdan/Danved, Makalov, Fiona, and Meg. Fiona and Meg just aren't worth it, Devdan/Danved is completely forgettable, and Makalov is just...annoying.

Devdan/Danved was rather forgettable to me too... Until I saw his ending. THAT was pretty neat. He made a traveling show that could make anyone laugh. ^^

Heather is definitely my least favorite Tellius character, as far as playable characters go. Her character is dumb and boring, and it doesn't help that she hardly gets any character development at all. And, she's a worthless unit, she's just a worse version of Sothe, who himself is pretty bad in the Endgame. I have to give some mentions to Devdan/Danved, Makalov, Fiona, and Meg. Fiona and Meg just aren't worth it, Devdan/Danved is completely forgettable, and Makalov is just...annoying.

Her character is pretty bad, but thief utility makes her more than worth it.

Devdan/Danved was rather forgettable to me too... Until I saw his ending. THAT was pretty neat. He made a traveling show that could make anyone laugh. ^^

True, his ending was pretty neat, but that's his only redeemable factor :P

Her character is pretty bad, but thief utility makes her more than worth it.

The thing with that is that there's hardly anything worth stealing in the levels you can have her in. At least I never found any of it worth it.

I personally dislike

Ike - Simply put, the writers don't know how to handle this type of character, and the end result is that you end up with a character that says a lot of brash things and pretty much never gets any real permanent penalties or things that happen. As a matter of fact, he's just plain rewarded for them. In FE10, I'd have liked Ike more if they just had him be more mature, but it's borderine Ike worship at that point. So pretty much everything surrounding Ike kinda has shoddy writing in general.

Lethe - I don't like how much of a jerk she is when she's supposed to be a diplomat and showing some of the worst aspects of Laguz, and I hate how the game makes them out to be sympathetic when they are anything but based on their behavior in the game. I'd say she's alright in FE10, but considering how little she says...

Sephiran - Maybe it's because I haven't played this game in a while, but what exactly DID he do to manipulate anything? Ashnard was Ashnard, and the Laguz hardly needed his encouragement to go to war. And I remember his reasoning being something stupid-- wasn't it like he "went crazy" after he lost his wings? Lame.

Pretty much every "big villain" all of them have pretty flimsy reasoning for what they did their actions for. Ashera especially bothers me because she broke her own law just to petrify everyone when she wasn't awakened from war (technically).