Precisely how excited are you for this game?

How much hype do you have for this game?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5...

• Meh, I don't really care. Whatever.
    • I'll probably get it when it comes out. Not too excited though.
    • Definitely getting the game! Can't wait to play it!
    • I must pre-order both versions! I MUST EXPERIENCE THE FULL GAME!
    • ERMEHGERD GIMMEH GAME NAO! MUST PRE-ORDER AND BUY ALL DLC!!!

With enough pre-orders, they've already broken even and have no reason to continue work on the game. If there were no pre-orders, they would be hard-pressed to make as high quality of a product as possible in order to ensure that they make profit.

Ah, now I see what you mean.

What RandomSwordmaster said, plus the immense focus on pre-orders sends the message to devs that marketing and hype are more important to a game than actual quality.

Which has proven to be a true message, but it still sucks.

Yeah, that really sucks. Hopefully though that will only work once. If a game is all marketing and hype, then after the game comes out and it sucks people will know not to trust that developer again.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, now I see what you mean.

Yeah, that really sucks. Hopefully though that will only work once. If a game is all marketing and hype, then after the game comes out and it sucks people will know not to trust that developer again.

This has been the case time and time again recently with Call of Duty...and Halo.

This has been the case time and time again recently with Call of Duty...and Halo.

I haven't bought a CoD or Halo game ever because of that, but some people will blindly buy every game that comes out for a franchise.

After what I saw of the mess with the Broken Chief Collection, I'm probably not even gonna think about buying an Xbox one, to think Microsoft insisted on pushing that game out into the market is asinine. Anyway, I'm treating FE:If not as a $40 standard 3ds game but as as $60 game instead and I'll make my judgement of the quality and content off that.

Edited by Neoleo21

I'm real excited for this game. :D If things go well, it will be the first Japanese Fire Emblem game I own that wasn't obtained through dubiously legal means.

Preorders in my opinion make no sense in this day and age, there's usually more than enough stock available with the Internet being a thing which was why preorders were justified in the past.

I live in Hawaii, and shortages are a thing here. So are shipping delays.

I'm cautiously excited. This game sounds ambitious, but just how far will it go? I'll wait until more info is released before jumping up and down like a schoolgirl.

My interest in FE14 is raised a lot in the past weeks.

The story is very interesting with the two paths.

I'm still a little bit sceptical about the game mechanics.

Six skills daunt me.

However the pair up is fixed.

I will watch a LP of a JP version before I'm going to buy it.

I never ever will buy a game blindly again.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

I'm super excited for this game! So much hype, as the Japanese version of the game is going to be released exactly on my birthday this year ^^
Unfortunately I won't be getting the JP version, as I only have US 3DS.

Preorder : Nohr version-- but I will buy Hoshido and the other route in DLC right away, though (considering we get the same treatment as Japan) -- or preorder the LE version of US release if they plan to release any and as long as the price is not so over budget XD
I can hardly wait for this game.

I Definitely like the idea of two different games for the two different sides in the story, but that is not the major factor for me buying this game the major factor is that its a Fire emblem game straight out almost every FE game as brought me delight while playing each and every one of them. I have played every single one expect for FE 1 and 3 and I cannot explain in words how excited I am about this game.

My interest in FE14 is raised a lot in the past weeks.

The story is very interesting with the two paths.

I'm still a little bit sceptical about the game mechanics.

Six skills daunt me.

However the pair up is fixed.

I will watch a LP of a JP version before I'm going to buy it.

I never ever will buy a game blindly again.

There will most likely be some major balance changes to some certain skills to prevent total steamrolling from happening. Won't be even surprised if they decide to drop Gale Force Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Not too excited about it.

Hoping for a nice N3DS bundle to go with it though

Same, I don't have a 3DS, and I'm hoping that they'll give a bundle for me to buy.

probably going to be a hoshidan version and nohr version of the 3ds if they do the version split in NA

It comes in waves.

Sometimes, im like "yeah man. FE14. Its on like Donkey Kong. I want it. But yeah i can wait..."
Sometimes...im Veruca Salt. "BUT DADDY, I WANT FE14 NAOOOOOO! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

But im usually the former.

Same, I don't have a 3DS, and I'm hoping that they'll give a bundle for me to buy.

probably going to be a hoshidan version and nohr version of the 3ds if they do the version split in NA

Yeah, that's why I want a bundle, Don't have one either. Interesting choice of favorite FE considering you don't have a 3DS lol.

That would be nice if they make a Nohr and/or Hoshidan theme, Hopefully they don't go with the "FE Blue" though as we already have the awakening version.

Very excited. It's pretty much all I can think about. I'm already sad thinking about how I"m going to have to fight one family or the other, or how quickly one family turns on you if you don't pick their side. I mean, yeah, it's a war... and I chose first...

... But still!

I'm excited enough that I made an account here for the first time in like half a decade to post about it.

A new FE is always exciting (and this is only the second truly new game since what, 2007?), and I'm really digging the Nohr/Hoshido setup.

I am very excited for this game. in fact i believe my exact reaction to seeing the first trailer was to shout "I must know more! More!!! MORE!!!!!!!" at mu computer screen. i hope we get that special bundle deal, because i want all the paths!

I am very excited for this game. in fact i believe my exact reaction to seeing the first trailer was to shout "I must know more! More!!! MORE!!!!!!!" at mu computer screen. i hope we get that special bundle deal, because i want all the paths!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I watch all Nintendo Directs with a bunch of friends, and none of them appreciate fire emblem.

So I started yelling at the screen and freaking out when it came up and was told to shut up. Hahaha.

I'm so exited that I haven't watched the trailer yet.

It's really weird to find myself in a position were I have to force myself to watch a trailer of my favorite series of anything ever.

But this is after the game that was among other things, so desperate to kiss the player's ass, that it would have you

burn hundredths of thousands of people and sing your praises of it, and so sociopathic that it never even considered the possibility that you might be fucking horrified by all of that. This is after the game were not only does the supposed average guy says "I like this part" about the act of killing someone but it also forces them and their personality substitutes down your throat at every opportunity, to the point were you can't even buy something without them butting in to make some stupid pun about money or sweets as if it could take it for granted that one likes these assholes.This is after the game that thinks war, killing and death can never feature panties. This is after the game which was created by people whose universally favorite character is the one who is trying and may have succeed in raping the player character and then can somehow delude themselves into believing that their sex fantasies have something to do with love, romance and family.

And most important of all, this is after the game that, according to the people currently in charge, is the "Ultimate Culmination of Fire Emblem". So if you still remember that RD interview were Nahiro was were comparing Fire Emblem to Gundam, and share the sentiment of him that the "overarching theme" of the series is "how the world isn’t simply as black and white as you might think" and that "this kind of worldview is the reason that the series has maintained it's appeal over all these years", you know jackshit about the series. Jerking of towards killing people is what the series is all about. Die with magnificence, motherfucker! Empathy is reserved for your colleagues and the people who share your blood, no matter how abusive they are to you. What? We made two whole games about family bonds that go beyond blood? Fuck that shit!! ButheyifyoulikethosegamesyouwillenjoyourspotpassbonuscontentandourDLCwhichtotallyhasIkeandalltheothercharactersyoulove! Thank you for playing!

After all of this, I just can find the faith to believe that this game could not end up being disgusting, let alone "enjoyable". The side separation sounds like a good concept, but it's still an assumption on my part that it could mean that the modern series has suddenly found a respect for the life and dignity of sentient beings and after the pre-release phase of the previous I am fucking tired making of making assumptions in it's favor just for it to mock my trust and to one-up my worst predictions.

Did the trailer maybe contain something that would help in that regard? How did IS and Nintendo decide to present the new Fire Emblem game and it's themes to the public? What is it that was so important that they thought we needed to know to gain interest into their new creation and the fruits of their hard labor? We got boob jiggling now? Yay! Truly something great and awe-inducing is coming our way. Can't wait for 2016.

So yeah, not exited at all. ...and I hate feeling that way.

Edited by BrightBow

Very much excited for the game. Since I still have the Japanese 3DS from when I imported Fire Emblem: Awakening, I'll be downloading the Japanese version when it releases(rather than having to wait for shipping for a physical cartridge like I had to with Awakening).

The two different campaigns interest me quite a bit since the emphasis on the two separate campaigns with different is rather unique for the series even despite having route splits in previous entries. Though its the gameplay changes are interest me most, I'm looking forward to seeing how it varies from Awakening, what kind of chapter set ups they are, how they changed the mechanics, new classes, etc.

hmm The poll options don't really fit me... Before the Japanese Trailer I was hyping myself into a state of ionization. Afterwords well I collapsed back to the ground state...

The split versions screams of something EA would do... -_-

Enough to make me create an account for a video game series website that I'm not overly familiar with. The concept of the story speaks to me, as do many of the changes we've heard about so far, and it seems to keep a lot of things I loved from Awakening, so I expect great things. June can't get here soon enough.

However, I should add one thing. I don't know if this is the kind of site where you'll want to burn me alive for saying this but...the last trailer felt a bit too "anime-y" for me. The onii-chan-ing, the focus on fan service with both boob physics and upskirt shots, the "cute" voices and the over-designed armors damper my hype a little bit, but not by too much; they're not elements I can't ignore, although I might go deaf from all the supposed adorable voices.

Enough to make me create an account for a video game series website that I'm not overly familiar with. The concept of the story speaks to me, as do many of the changes we've heard about so far, and it seems to keep a lot of things I loved from Awakening, so I expect great things. June can't get here soon enough.

However, I should add one thing. I don't know if this is the kind of site where you'll want to burn me alive for saying this but...the last trailer felt a bit too "anime-y" for me. The onii-chan-ing, the focus on fan service with both boob physics and upskirt shots, the "cute" voices and the over-designed armors damper my hype a little bit, but not by too much; they're not elements I can't ignore, although I might go deaf from all the supposed adorable voices.

Well that was the Japanese trailer for the most part, just some text overlay edits here and there. There isn't a full ENGLISH trailer yet.

We got boob jiggling now? Yay! Truly something great and awe-inducing is coming our way. Can't wait for 2016.

But Lyn had boob jiggle in FE7

I understand the general sentiment, but do people not realize Onii chan is something pretty common to say? Tiki called Marth and Bantu Onii chan in FE1. I agree on the panty and boob front though.

Edited by L95

Well that was the Japanese trailer for the most part, just some text overlay edits here and there. There isn't a full ENGLISH trailer yet.

That hardly matters, does it? It's still in the game, and it's a damn shame. I wouldn't say it ruins "muh immersion", but a game shouldn't make you stop to ask why a character is fighting in just her panties.