Sunwoo

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I'd appreciate tips on my scum play. I thought I had ok D1 and D2s, but me and Marth realized it was kinda hopeless after the BBM

vig. And then Shinori claimed cop. And Poly was the vig lol.

Oh come on prims how did you expect me to win when I was in a situation where I was eventually gonna be PoE'd?

I mean I tried to motivate myself I really did but I just felt it was impossible honestly.

Salt, how could you put Manix in the flavor but not me??????

Seriously though Poly you are a pro wtf

again, shoutouts to Terrador for actually being town and wrecking my perfect vig target ratio (the BBM shot in ITTD doesn't count because I got driven onto him, and my target died anyway)

also shoutouts to Refa for being my go-to and for giving me incentive to shoot BBM (though I kept going back and forth N2 in an attempt to #BIGPLAYS someone that I thought may have been scum, before I thought better of it).

the Strawman shot was obvious, and I went Terrador over LG because I thought that, if Terrador was scum, he'd be harder to lynch.

Oh come on prims how did you expect me to win when I was in a situation where I was eventually gonna be PoE'd?

I mean I tried to motivate myself I really did but I just felt it was impossible honestly.

You did literally nothing while LG was lynched and the game was still winnable if you could've prevented it, so this is kind of your fault.

Props to Poly for good vig shots and LG for playing a solid first game as maf.

I'd also like to say that the Mancer lynch was extremely dumb after Shinori claimed with the same role activation condition, unless you wanted to push it as a mod provided fakeclaim, but that's not the kind of stuff hosts tend to give out anyway so shrug.

Oh also bbm I bussed you because you said you were lazy to pay during the day of I sent you and I had no idea what to do with you.

Honest, just something o decided to do on a whim.

SB to be fair me and Marth went through literally all the outcomes possible and the only way we could win was to get Blitz and Snike mislynches. It wasn't happening.

It was going to be hard to pull off, sure, but at the same time both of the slots had been under significant suspicion all game long. Also towns have thrown hard before so you never know what's going to happen etc.

I don't actually remember seeing any of Marth's messages though so yeah.

i think something that would go a longer way would be to not actually give everyone couriers/announces akin to the first game since it kind of defeats the purpose of the gimmick? i was kind of "???" with the phase swappers as well for similar reasons, but particularly in tandem with all the couriers/announces

Postgame later, but a general comment on this one:

Both couriers/announce and phase swappers were things requested in the postgame of the previous AM/PM, and I disagree with them ruining the gimmick since day phase still had votes and night players the majority of actions, and it was still very limited what you could do outside your own phase.

We probably should've had fewer couriers/announces yeah, but last game players expressed frustration with not being able to interact or affect the other phase at all.

Edited by j00

Good job town, you won without me contributing anything!

Elie bus was more impromptu than I thought, all my scumreads were wrong, assumed like a dumbass that all the scum would be on his wagon... yawn. I was town enough that I didn't die until N3, so that's something? I think me channeling the scum confidence this game was, on balance, a good thing, but I went too far off the other side and generally couldn't read for shit.

Scum: 10/10 Marth/BBM fight, taking notes on that. Otherwise your play was kind of... interesting? I didn't see anything strong on the macro level, but on the micro level BBM, Snike, and Marth played well imo. Still don't really understand why you would bus Elie so much and not even have him unleash any WIFOM or material to lynch on.

Town: thanks for not lynching me. Poly, literally how did you get good shots. I thought you'd lie about having one shot left in the hopes of squeezing out another, honestly. Didn't call it because that spoils the gambit.

Hoping my next game is gonna be better!

I don't think it was a good bus. It basically put both of them in a bad position (I asked Poly to vig BBM in part due to BBM's reactions to Marth casing him) with very little scum benefit in the end (Marth what, survived one day more than he would have otherwise, since he had better interactions than Mancer).

Scum: 10/10 Marth/BBM fight, taking notes on that. Otherwise your play was kind of... interesting? I didn't see anything strong on the macro level, but on the micro level BBM, Snike, and Marth played well imo.

Scum:

Snike

I would've thought you could at least read the scum in postgame :|

My reads were pretty bad. The only scumreads I had were the obvious ones and the only reason they were obvious is because they seemed busy/sick :/. Terra you played pretty good i'd say.

also haha@baldrick

I don't think it was a good bus. It basically put both of them in a bad position (I asked Poly to vig BBM in part due to BBM's reactions to Marth casing him) with very little scum benefit in the end (Marth what, survived one day more than he would have otherwise, since he had better interactions than Mancer).

but this was because of the whole PoE thing... like if we hadn't bussed each other, Poly would have maybe vigged Blitz (maybe not) and then the lynch the next day would have been between me/Marth/Mancer anyways, so like... shrug. I don't really think we had a lot of options.

Yeah, it probably was the best move you could make at the time (not really blaming you for doing so), but a good bus implies that it was well...succesful.

Edited by Refa

Yeah, it probably was the best move you could make at the time (not really blaming you for doing so), but a good bus implies that it was well...succesful.

Still pointing towards the amazing numbers role that made poe a thing.