Sunwoo

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But poly played well and I won't take that away from him.

IMO if town didn't have the power gaining roles it'd have been more balanced.

I mean when shinori doesn't really do anything in the game and then claims cop on top of all the other roles town has its just annoying as fuck.

My power gaining role gave me a pretty crappy role though... I had more or less already guessed the numbers for game when I got that first ability. Also, hoping for a second mislynch to get the second role is too much to hope for when considering the fact that scum killing away two of the day players will give them a whole lot of voting power already (and when I'm the second mislynch, lol).

But yeah, otherwise, I'd agree that the game is pretty town-sided because of all the 1v1s and the ability to PoE the scum out. Games should not turn into that at all imo.

this was not townsided lol. swingy yeah but not townsided. if we lynched blitz on d2 instead of eli we probably would have lost.

we also probably would've lost if the mafia didn't fuck up with their first two kill targets.

Edited by SB.

Noone said it was scumsided (did I miss something?)? I'm confused. Agree with whatever else you said, though.

EDIT Actually you probably meant townsided after reading your post again, I'm totally smart you guys.

Edited by Refa

I think the setup's town-sided actually but unfortunately, most games have town-sided setups. Town managed to fuck itself over most of those games though, lol.

set up wise speaking, I thought the game was scumsided. PoE was definitely a thing for town, but it was a thing for scum too. Scum could have easily figured out the bigger roles like Poly = vig using PoE and setup specs. (I was thinking Marth = vig based on my setup spec theory during N2 and since I was inactive, it should have been obvious that Poly was vig

as for Shinori's and Mancer's abilities, I think it would have been cooler if their abilities activated if the mislych was from the phase they were in. As in after Eury lynch, Mancer would have gained the numbers, but Shinori would gain nothing

overall, my play was horrible this game and my reads were just as bad, but at least I got to test out some stuff regarding myself

also, this kinda confirmed Snike as town

Should've said this to begin with, but scorri had been mod-subbed in for Snike.

why you ask, because we all knew Eclipse hid LG's role and therefore the most probable reason for Snike to have been mod-subbed out would be due to him seeing LG's flip and since scum would know LG's role, there would be no reason for Snike to be subbed out

well, this wouldn't have been a problem IMO if you didn't say mod-subbed, IMO (or if Eclipse did the hiding subtly so that I wouldn't have noticed the edited by Eclipse tag, lol)

also, once again, sorry Terrador, for being really tunnely on you

Noone said it was scumsided (did I miss something?)? I'm confused. Agree with whatever else you said, though.

EDIT Actually you probably meant townsided after reading your post again, I'm totally smart you guys.

yeah i'm just dumb

Poly said he wasn't the Vig (something that tbf we shouldn't have taken at face value) and then you have to choose between people who're barely posting but can make you lose the game anyways like Shinori and people who're actually posting and are impossible to ML even if they don't have a role, like Refa.

if we'd killed Poly on N2 and the vig actually had been at day (not unreasonable because unlike AM/PM1 there were still a bunch of day roles like persuader, cop, swapper) then we would have been even more screwed because we would have killed someone who was totally MLable (way more than SB) and besides it wouldn't even have stopped my death; it would have just removed Terra being misvigged.

Postgame is still not ready due to me being busy, but I just want to bring up that scorri being mod-subbed for Snike doesn't necessarily make him town. Is it more likely that he is town? Maybe. But I could've also fucked over a hypothetical scum!Snike in different ways. Such as accidentally griping about something game-related in his role PM instead of the mod PM. Or telling him something I wasn't supposed to because oops. Or maybe someone dead-talked to him. Don't automatically write off people as town because of mod-subs.

Sorry I was so wrong, Prims. Fell into the same trap that gets me lynched sometimes.

to be fair I went all-in on you too and you were town. had we both been alive D2 I don't think it'd have been a problem anymore since I remember finding your N1 announcement town. from the way you went about your cases the gist I got was that your problem was that you were scumhunting by comparing a player to what you expected they should look like rather than what you thought their intent was. the former method only works if you have a very strong grip on somebody's meta and even then it's questionable

announcers / couriers were fine imo. if anything i thought they should've been buffed. nothing's more frustrating than being lynched because you can't defend yourself

town on SF really needs to not only be more decisive at deadline (refa!!!!!!!), but work on getting their shit together and starting to consolidate 24 hours before deadline instead of 1

Boron commissioned me to write postgame.

Vig Poly wrecked scum

The decision theory helped

Hammer should end phase

lol

yes

yes

and most definitely