Sunwoo

good post; I didn't read it

ok I did but I wanted to sound like Prims

Eury, what are your thoughts about Mancer and Marf? You started off the game talking about them but your summary at the end doesn't mention how their more recent posts have changed your opinion of them, and while your post has some bullets talking to Mancer, they seem more of a discussion or more about clarifying past things than actually saying what you feel about their Alignment.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is now D1. D1 will end on April 13 at 10:55 PM PST. The following players may post during this phase:

Lord Gaius

Shinori

Makaze

SB

Refa

Strawman

Rapier

Blitz

ok so whoever made the "publicly gay" announcement was not me. I suspect they might have tried to pretend to sound like me but only the last part really sounds like something I would say, especially the "POLY POST WORDS" part lol.

I have this feeling it might be Terrador, but I'm bad at guessing anon identities. We hang out a lot though and it reads a bit like his posting style.

I don't like the vague waffling on the Prims read but I think they have a point on Junko fwiw.

fwiw tho I think Prims is town. At first I was skeptical but in his post when he mistook the one announcer for me I found what he said to be something he would do as town

I find Via(?)'s town-read on me a little weird. While I'm obviously the towniest town to ever town imo I hadn't really made many telling posts at that point so it seems off they'd consider me "super town" especially if they're not confident in reading me. Would like an explanation of their read when they get the chance.

aaNAYWAY I am really tired and have to get up early tomorrow, but ED1 gutread says one of Mancer/Junko is scum and I have to reread BBM/Elie/Eury because their posts started getting long and I got lazy

it is SO PAINFUL to be impersonated though )': pls don't do it again or I will steal your shoes irl

108th post of destiny:

"Felicitations, oh greatest of townies, Lord Roofaquest The Great. I beseech thee to post this in my absence posthaste. I predict that under the constraints of the game, even one as awesome as you won't be able to quote this exact post (he's right, the mods were like "Can't let you do that, Refa"). Terrador, that rascally knave, can't post on D1 entirely due to my role. What is my role, you ask? It allows for me to make a morning person nocturnal; that is to say, a day poster will be converted to a night poster for one cycle. However, I restrained myself in the usage of this abominable role for N0 because I didn't want to limit anyone speaking for D1 (uh...I think you're confused as to what exactly one cycle means...or maybe I am, fuck). In my utter negligence, I had left for greener pastures (TL's note: Anything that isn't mafia), forseeing that I would be able to return before phase end. Alas, what folly I have wrought! When I had returned, I found out that not only was my role action mandatory, but it was RNGed to Terrador of all people. What fiendish works these mods have wrought, not only do they see fit to give me an incredibly crummy role, but they make it mandatory as well! I am unaware as to why exactly Blitz can post, though (there's probably a counterpart to your role). In case you haven't figured it out by now, I go by the title of REDACTED (they actually did say their username, but I don't feel comfortable outing this?). Unfortunately, I have not trained enough in the cursed art of mafia and am unable to use this role well (make suggestions, you chucklefucks). I suffer from an affliction commonly known as paranoia, for what am I to do if the numbers of the game are in disarray, with day posters finding themselves unable to speak during the day? What of mafia control?"

This is totally the message I got, just slightly paraphrased so that I don't get modkilled. JUST SLIGHTLY ALRIGHT DO YOU DOUBT THE INTEGRITY OF A MAN WHO CAN DO THIS? Also I trust this person, which is good because earlier I thought that there was one switching role which was scum (this would make me feel dumb). You don't get to see that part of my post (that I'm still working on)!

Also IMO you should just target your scumreads in the day phase (but only if you're confident in them). This reduces scum voting power for a period of time, which is always a good thing.

If they were town, I figured they'd target someone like BBM/Prims over Blitz (no offense Blitz, but your insane conspiracy theories are a little too insane at times) so that they could be able to influence how the day phase progressed. I didn't really get why either alignment would target Terrador though, so at least that's been cleared up.

I don't see the ITP claim as mafia trying to get people to target them because they didn't even announce their name. Good fucking job. SB's message is very townie, especially the part regarding LOC town leader (which I agree with, for the record); look at the last .Hack game to see how he'd handle a similar situation as scum. I'm reading the Bizz impersonator as scum. The person who Prims called a scum announcer probably isn't scum but also isn't right about his scumread on Prims (none of those things you've mentioned are scummy) and is also most likely Terrador.
Junk making an effort to get something out of N0 early on is town (especially at a time where he could just coast as scum). Don't agree with his case but I can see the Town Motivation™ there so I'm not going to bother nitpicking at it. It'd be great if you could look at other people come night phase though (which will be easier seeing as we'll have some FLIPS), considering that you're town and all. Don't see why he'd be upset at himself for accidentally outing information about me as scum either. Also me putting pressure on you with my questions isn't townie because I thought you were ITP (so I'd do the same as scum).
Blitz is also town. He wouldn't have that conviction that I'm scum if he was scum himself. I can paraphrase my questions to Junk if you/anyone else wants me too. Also he's the only one who's bothered by Prims except me, so that makes him cool in my books (no issues with your other reads, even though I obviously feel stronger about some of them than you do). My announcements are limited to 150 words FWIW. Any explanation I can come up with would be a bad excuse because I pretty much used up all of my shots on a whim (couldn't see an urgent need for them on N0).
Mancer townslipped here (Also, I confirmed with Boron that that announcement was made by one of the players.) since he'd know there were announcers as scum (they've got to have at least one, if what BBM is saying is true). I wouldn't care about this if it was made by someone else, but I don't see Mancer as someone who is very good at feigning townslips. My red herring comment earlier was actually pretty rude (so uh sorry Mancer), but what I meant by that is that he acts like scum even though all of his motivations are townie (referring to the tone in his later posts as, which is the primary reason I'm townreading him FTR) and it's very easy to jump on.
Marth's townslip isn't actually a townslip, I'm just dumb (since scum wouldn't know if N0 was a kill night either, at least considering the timing of my announcement). It's not a big deal though, since he's still town for actually legit reasons...and by actually legit reasons, it's sort of a gut thing (also based on his tone, but it's pretty hard to explain that).
Uh...why are people scumreading Elieson again? #ElieDidNothingWrong. Seriously, his first post was perfectly fine, formatting issues aside. I agree with like, all of it? Probably because he's not scum.
Despite snacking on babies (textbook scum tell FYI), BBM is town too (probably my weakest townread though since he has such a good scum game, and also I'm annoyed because I wanted him to catch scum for me, not town). Don't agree with his Mancer case, but I was about to case Mancer for pretty much the same reasons before I analyzed his posts like a mafia pro, so it's fine I guess. Your townread on me is also kind of dumb honestly (at least the part where you mentioned me replying to Blitz), because Blitz explicitly told me to reply to him or he'd assume that I was scum. The optimal play as scum would be to reply to him, and as town it'd probably be...I have no idea. And uh sorry about my message, honestly I just went off of memory over rereading your post again (I uh, don't actually agree with several of your reads as you can probably see). His reply to Prims reads as genuine though (same with his frustration about his crummy communications role). Also nice comic, must have taken quite a bit of work to make. I especially like the part where it says not copyrighted, but created by Ref...hey, wait a second...
Null on Prims. I like his reaction test and the results he got from it, but his scumreads seem contrived. Blitz's number talk was a minor point in his post (and it's a bit of a stretch to scumread someone because of it) and Elie's Eury suspicion is perfectly fine (don't see how he's nitpicking at all). The way he waffles on them later on is bad as well. Don't like how he took Blitz's issues with him at face value? If someone who I was scumreading asked me why they were bothered by me, I'd say "because you're scum and full of shit, fact". Most of his other content is like, objectively good (as in, if you were a complete tool you'd label him as town and move on), but it's the motivation behind them that worries me here.
Eury is probably scum. Her initial issues with Mancer/Marth are incredibly contrived and it's a lot easier for scum to nitpick at surface level issues like this. FWIW, she had a similar townslip to Mancer (@Junko: Is that to imply that the person who first made an announcement =/= the ITP/person who claimed to have scanned Mancer and come up with a scum read/scan on him? (And so would your comment imply a town-sided ITP or...?) I had the feeling that it was the same person making all of the announcements, but that's just me.) because she'd know that they were probably different as scum, but I'm not as confident in this one due to her actual content (also because she can fake it better than Mancer). Her later explanations for her Mancer/Marth scumread aren't satisfying, and her reply to Mancer bothers me because she's just nitpicking everything just for the sake of it? Why is Mancer not knowing what to do scummy (town is not always the bastion of proactivity)? Listpost is the only thing that makes me worried about how legit my scumread is, because she made a lot of excuses as to why she didn't post in .Hack. She's uh...not doing the same thing here. My issue here is that she just replies to her scumreads, but doesn't expand on her cases regarding them.
Poly is scum by POE if the night scum aren't Eury/Prims. Him not posting isn't alignment indicative though, and I'm not going to hold that against him.
##Vote: Eurykins
PS Also I totally got a guilty on Eurykins. Who cares if I'm wrong or it's D1?
PPS

mafia statistic of the day: 100% of people who've used thunderstorms that knock out their internet as a reason to not post have been scum

Fact.

Wait shit we're not the ones who are able to be lazy. Fuck.

I feel like lynching in the day is a better plan because of interactions and stuff but like

1. Lord Gaius - who

2. Shinori - what

3. Makaze - where

4. SB - hi

5. Refa - DID THINGS

6. Quote - kind of did things

7. Strawman - when

8. Terrador - dayflaked

9. Rapier - why

WE'RE DOING WELL GUYS

Bro its like the morning chill.

IDK I don't think Blitz is that scummy of a choice to switch to day. Its hard to try and get a read out of that at this point.

ftr I'm reading town Prims.

Mancer just seems reactionary, not scummy.

I don't have strong feelings on others.

Not strong ones.

BBM posts a lot and it makes me uncomfortable. But that's pretty worthless of an opinion for forming a read.

Nothing on Elie.

Spending some time re-reading at a deeper level.

Hey I have to leave again so this'll just be small shit w/out a vote again (I get more paranoid about voting when the numbers are smaller sry guys), I'll be back in a couple of hours w/ espresso

If someone who I was scumreading asked me why they were bothered by me, I'd say "because you're scum and full of shit, fact". Most of his other content is like, objectively good (as in, if you were a complete tool you'd label him as town and move on), but it's the motivation behind them that worries me here.

ACTUALLY

this is a super good point. idr what game it was but I scumread Prims (I think it was Prims) and he asked me why I was so worried about him reading me as town if I thought he was scum. So you'd think it'd be something he would be more aware of?

Also I had another thought. I can see just trying to hide your posting style as announcer, but what is the town intent in deliberately trying to imitate a player in the game? Could people answer this for me? <_<

I'm quickreading through Elie's posts and I have kind of a weird vibe on him too.

I mean ftr my read on Prims is still leaning town but I'd like him to explain that when he gets the chance. just thought I would be more clear on that

Mafia sucks.

BBM, Marth, Mancer and Blitz are still night-townreads. The first two got a bit stronger after I thought about it.

I'm less sure on Eury now after reading her posts again and not really finding anything super townie there? 150 word limits suck because there's no room to go into detail so it's not really useful if you forget why you felt a certain way about someone because there's no room to go into detail. I agree with Refa that she's been nitpicky but I dunno, I felt like she was pretty much the same in CYOU'RE. BBM halp.

Junko should also probably be a townread because I think his posts have been good and he was actively trying to start things with scumhunting and I think I was just paranoid earlier. I don't really remember why I felt that way tbh.

Poly doesn't exist.

Eli is still scummy for stuff I posted in my announcement and nothing really changed since that happened. It feels like he wasn't trying to build a case on anyone so much as attack individual posts and it came across as very weird to me.

Prims is weird because I feel like the way he approaches his Blitz and Eli suspicions in conjunction with each other are strange. Maybe this is just me having different standards but the way he decides Blitz's questions are filler and that he's scummier than Eli's nitpicky posts is weird because he feels overall a lot more... forgiving towards Eli I guess. It's difficult to explain. Especially when he says he's scumreading Eli more in the following post. I agree that the announcer (Terrador?) had a weird case on Prims I feel like his reaction is weird because there's no reason that the announcer is mafia instead of town who has a weird case.

##Vote: Prims

I'm doing that thing I dislike but no one is here and talking :( Reads developing through re-reading.

ScumEury.

Blitz seem fine.

Junk seems fine.

Don't like Bluedoom. Mostly for post #56. Announcement in #58 is my partial response to him, plus his discussion of junk there is pretty bad.

BBM is improving.

Nothing suspicious from Elie.

SB's courier message is aight. Don't agree with it all but its aight.

Not going to attempt to guess who matches up with what announcements, itp, etc outside of my own and what we have been told.