MEG IS AWESOME

I wasn't the first one to get personal, but oh well, I suppose I'm flexible. Also, if I speak from my experience and can base it on her stats, you can come with your "PEMN" all day and I wouldn't give a shit. There's no better way to put it then you're wrong and I know better. For me she never even functioned as Marshall, but more like a swordmaster with lower skill but better defense. Actual Marshalls ended up being ganged up on with critical hits and needed constant medical attention, because the endgame contains both mages and warriors. To avoid that, you had to add Fortune to them, which wastes 20 capacity points. Plus the others, except for Brom, require a good lance, and I wouldn't waste one for a Marshall if I can as well take another Senitel with me. Meg had the advantage of being able to resist most attacks without wasting other characters' rounds by having to receive medical attention. Due to her basic skills, critical hits were never a problem either. She's no Zelgius, but hell, I never had worry about her. She killed people off more slowly, but that's not much of a problem. You can also tell me about how hard she is to train. I say, it's worth the effort. I tried every character, she did a good job every time, so she's good. Many others weren't.

Edited by Kirara

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, you like her because she's like a swordmaster but actually a Marshall. Why not use an actual swordmaster with STR DEF and a good speed cap with more move?!!!!

Also, are we really going to argue fortune as a good skill? Gatrie shrugs crits off like nobody's business, he doesn't need it.

As for marshall vs Sentinel, Meg is a Marshall too, so why use her over a Sentinel?

Meg cannot resist attacks very well. SHE HAS A 35 DEF GROWTH.

OTHERS KILL PEOPLE OFF FASTER!

And I know you don't care, but to that last sentence: PEMN.

If you like using her as personal favoritism, IDC, great for you. But that doesn't make her a good unit (I am NOT stating you said this.)

Now I know you're lying because I've seen very little displayed critical against any unit (General or Marshall) except like a random Swordmaster here and there. I think most enemy units cap at like 25 critical IF they have 40 skill somehow and a lot of units tend to have 20+ Luck by the time Meg becomes a Marshall. lol

Edited by Lord Raven

Been a while since I've done one of these.

I wasn't the first one to get personal

Actually, you were, when you came out with this:

And sweetheart, 90%? God bless you. You know nothing.

Also, if I speak from my experience and can base it on her stats, you can come with your "PEMN" all day and I wouldn't give a shit.

I don't give a shit about your experience.

Lots of progress we're making here, eh?

There's no better way to put it then you're wrong and I know better.

I would call you a child, but I've met children more mature than you.

Actual Marshalls ended up being ganged up on with critical hits

Clearly you lied when you said you played this game, because critical hits basically aren't a thing except for a specific few enemies. And they're usually Swordmasters, which the other Marshalls just shrug off anyway.

Plus the others, except for Brom, require a good lance

Nope, you haven't played this game. Gatrie and Tauroneo both can use Axes.

You can also tell me about how hard she is to train. I say, it's worth the effort.

I say it's not.

I tried every character, she did a good job every time, so she's good. Many others weren't.

I tried every character, she did a bad job every time, so she's bad. Many others weren't.

I wasn't the first one to get personal, but oh well, I suppose I'm flexible. Also, if I speak from my experience and can base it on her stats, you can come with your "PEMN" all day and I wouldn't give a shit. There's no better way to put it then you're wrong and I know better. For me she never even functioned as Marshall, but more like a swordmaster with lower skill but better defense. Actual Marshalls ended up being ganged up on with critical hits and needed constant medical attention, because the endgame contains both mages and warriors. To avoid that, you had to add Fortune to them, which wastes 20 capacity points. Plus the others, except for Brom, require a good lance, and I wouldn't waste one for a Marshall if I can as well take another Senitel with me. Meg had the advantage of being able to resist most attacks without wasting other characters' rounds by having to receive medical attention. Due to her basic skills, critical hits were never a problem either. She's no Zelgius, but hell, I never had worry about her. She killed people off more slowly, but that's not much of a problem. You can also tell me about how hard she is to train. I say, it's worth the effort. I tried every character, she did a good job every time, so she's good. Many others weren't.

Okay, first off, you can't always expect a unit to be good for you, which is why people say personal experience means nothing - you can go on and on about how good Meg grew for you, I can rant about how she never grew well for me, but in the end, neither of us is right. It's all random. Also, that's a rather weak argument you have wrt criticals - aside from killer weapons, which aren't that great, most of the enemies that'd have crit on a Marshall are those with innate crit, most of which would struggle to dent them. That said, Fortune's one of those skills that would be useful on paper, but honestly isn't really worth it because of capacity, and because the scroll gives you 3 grand for selling. And I'd honestly say that by part 4, most physical fighters, AKA, the majority of what you run into, would struggle to do much damage to a Marshall.

Sigh... This sort of toxic logic seriously reminds me of a guy named JJFam5 and how vhemently anti-prepromote he was just because he thought using prepromotes somehow makes the Endgame harder. And this is in spite of both him failing to realize that most prepromotes aren't too different from their unpromoted counterparts around Endgame, and him constantly backing up his opinions with more opinions and PE instead of facts. It did not help that he tended to ignore anyone who disagreed with him either.

Also, that's a rather weak argument you have wrt criticals - aside from killer weapons, which aren't that great, most of the enemies that'd have crit on a Marshall are those with innate crit, most of which would struggle to dent them.

Yeah, killer weapons are a joke in this game. Really the last thing any Marshal has to worry about.

Why anyone wouldn't sell Fortune for cash is beyond me.

Edited by Radiant head

I had this long post that sounded very angry because that attitude was deplorable but I'm cutting that out to say this:

I like how she didn't use Hard Mode enemy stats thread that's on the RD board. I mean, unless that data is wrong (which I have high doubt that it is), she's not even close to correct on endgame crits.

Also: can anyone say "double-attacking, 24-26 Attack Tigers" on the first chapter she can be deployed in? Man, I want to use that Meg! I love it especially since she's a sword armor, having to get right up to a Tiger's face just so she can die.

I'm going to anticipate that I'm going to get a "but you shouldn't send her out in front" argument but that kind of defeats the purpose of an Armor, doesn't it?

Honey, I'm someone who knows her shit. Meg may be, as a character, flat and boring as fuck, but as unit she's more than just useful. Statistically, her stats are good too. Only problem would be her the effort you have to put into training her, which could, on the other hand, be a good thing because she's not pre-promoted with fixed stats. I've tried every character's potential several times, and I can definitely say she's better than the majority of characters. I know what's coming now, the four letters "PEMN", but I have five letters for that: "IDGAF".

While i have a measure of respect for coming in and trolling the hell out of Red Fox there, you are still hideously wrong. Holy shit, Red Fox i cant believe you took the bait ahahahahaha.

Meg is actually one of the shittiest guys in the game. You need to deal with it. Ive used everybody (except Brom and Kyza) and i can even make Lyre work if i gave a rats ass. Meg is actually worse than Brom cuz Brom can function in the chapters he exists in. (without BEXP or babying) Meg aint doing squat. If you dont even use Gatrie, he's still doing more than Meg. Why would you even bother with her when Tauroneo exists anyway?

Just do us all a favor and go and stay go.

Also: can anyone say "double-attacking, 24-26 Attack Tigers" on the first chapter she can be deployed in? Man, I want to use that Meg! I love it especially since she's a sword armor, having to get right up to a Tiger's face just so she can die.

Lol, I basically said the same exact thing on the first page.

While i have a measure of respect for coming in and trolling the hell out of Red Fox there, you are still hideously wrong. Holy shit, Red Fox i cant believe you took the bait ahahahahaha.

Meg is actually one of the shittiest guys in the game. You need to deal with it. Ive used everybody (except Brom and Kyza) and i can even make Lyre work if i gave a rats ass. Meg is actually worse than Brom cuz Brom can function in the chapters he exists in. (without BEXP or babying) Meg aint doing squat. If you dont even use Gatrie, he's still doing more than Meg. Why would you even bother with her when Tauroneo exists anyway?

Just do us all a favor and go and stay go.

I don't know why you seem to have an agenda against me, but this post makes no sense. You say I was trolled*, then you also respond seriously. If you think Kirara is worth responding to seriously, how can you simultaneously believe she's trolling?

*Which I definitely considered; don't for a moment think I wasn't aware of the possibility, as I did mention it in a previous post. I just don't like to throw out the "are you trolling?" thing because I think it would feel very disrespectful if the person isn't actually intending to troll.

And I don't think she's actually trolling. I've had enough experience with actual trolls and...well, people who sort of look like trolls but aren't, and this looks like the latter. You actually look more like a troll here. Are you trolling?

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

*Which I definitely considered; don't for a moment think I wasn't aware of the possibility, as I did mention it in a previous post. I just don't like to throw out the "are you trolling?" thing because I think it would feel very disrespectful if the person isn't actually intending to troll.

And I don't think she's actually trolling. I've had enough experience with actual trolls and...well, people who sort of look like trolls but aren't, and this looks like the latter.

I actually intended to mention something about this earlier, considering my own experiences with the aforementioned JJFam5. I opted not to, though, because I didn't feel like it would have been appropriate. But yeah. I could certainly peg this pedantry Kirara's been responding with as someone seeming like a troll but actually isn't. Which kinda begs a question, how rare is something like that?

Sigh... This sort of toxic logic seriously reminds me of a guy named JJFam5 and how vhemently anti-prepromote he was just because he thought using prepromotes somehow makes the Endgame harder. And this is in spite of both him failing to realize that most prepromotes aren't too different from their unpromoted counterparts around Endgame, and him constantly backing up his opinions with more opinions and PE instead of facts. It did not help that he tended to ignore anyone who disagreed with him either.

Lemme guess - this was on GFaqs?

I don't know why you seem to have an agenda against me, but this post makes no sense. You say I was trolled*, then you also respond seriously. If you think Kirara is worth responding to seriously, how can you simultaneously believe she's trolling?

And I don't think she's actually trolling. I've had enough experience with actual trolls and...well, people who sort of look like trolls but aren't, and this looks like the latter. You actually look more like a troll here. Are you trolling?

Tbh, you are pretty easy to troll. But honestly, i think that user is a troll and its not me with the agenda against you. I wonder why she was so dead set on singling you out when other people were responding to her. Calling you "honey" and junk and not doing that with other people. That feels deliberate. Im not buying for a minute that that person isnt a troll. Unless they just plumb stupid, but why would they honestly go on about "knowing their shit" when its stuff that was wrong five years ago...? Ask yourself why Kirara singled you out.

Am i trolling? Lol no.

I'm mainly convinced because her join time matches up with the day after this thread was created

The other thing is that this person may not be a troll but may just be trolling.

I'm mainly convinced because her join time matches up with the day after this thread was created

The other thing is that this person may not be a troll but may just be trolling.

Could be coincidence, but since i havent seen that person post in any other thread, im guessing not.

Lemme guess - this was on GFaqs?

Surprisingly enough, no. It was actually on Miiverse. I'll send you some details via PM, because what I have to say about this JJFam5 character isn't really appropriate for this topic.

Tbh, you are pretty easy to troll. But honestly, i think that user is a troll and its not me with the agenda against you. I wonder why she was so dead set on singling you out when other people were responding to her. Calling you "honey" and junk and not doing that with other people. That feels deliberate. Im not buying for a minute that that person isnt a troll. Unless they just plumb stupid, but why would they honestly go on about "knowing their shit" when its stuff that was wrong five years ago...? Ask yourself why Kirara singled you out.

By the time I started responding, everyone else was pretty much just being sarcastic. I assume that's why I was the one she was responding to seriously.

Lol, I'm easy to troll? Please, explain to me how this is true. This topic can't be used as evidence, btw. As I recall, the last time you tried trolling me, I just didn't respond and you ended up warned for it.

its not me with the agenda against you

Am i trolling? Lol no.

While i have a measure of respect for coming in and trolling the hell out of Red Fox there

This will be my last post on this line of conversation, btw. It will be in PM if you wish to keep going.

I mean, I can see how the logic would lead one there, but this isn't the only place she was posting. She seems more like just an arrogant kid than an actual troll.

Sometimes I feel like people are too quick to throw out the "troll" label. (There was more to this thought, but I think people would have found it too harsh)

Sadly, the Ignore feature only works on peasants. ;): Although, if anyone wanted to rectify that, i wouldnt complain.

People still think that way? Wow. Was he talking about this game? Cuz Tauroneo in part 4 with Beastfoe and some BEXP is actually not bad. Definitely a lot less effort than freaking Meg.

i feel like this person is giving us meg users a bad name.

i use meg because she's cute and i find the idea of a pink version of the black knight hilarious.

not saying she's worth it or better then the other marshall's, but i have fun with her.

granted i don't use her all the time

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

I would probably enjoy using Meg myself if she didn't have such horrendous Speed caps. Pretty much any character who can reliably double, whether it takes work to get them there or not, is someone I'm fine using. But hitting Speed caps and still not doubling isn't cool. Having problems just reaching enemies certainly doesn't help.

She really does feel like a bit of a joke character. Lyre and Fiona may arguably be worse, but they at least seem like they were intended as "starts bad and pays off" units (only intended, though). Meg seems more like "Haha, let's give an armor knight pegasus growths and see what happens."

i feel like this person is giving us meg users a bad name.

i use meg because she's cute and i find the idea of a pink version of the black knight hilarious.

not saying she's worth it or better then the other marshall's, but i have fun with her.

granted i don't use her all the time

I use Fiona more cuz im a sucker for those Daein banners on her horse in third tier, man.

Meg with Alondite in Endgame is hella funny and kinda awesome. Pink Knight comin' at ya! That shit's worth it on a bs Easy mode run. (tbh, it is a better investment than Alondite!Mist. Harrr)