MEG IS AWESOME

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually intended to mention something about this earlier, considering my own experiences with the aforementioned JJFam5. I opted not to, though, because I didn't feel like it would have been appropriate. But yeah. I could certainly peg this pedantry Kirara's been responding with as someone seeming like a troll but actually isn't. Which kinda begs a question, how rare is something like that?

I don't think Kirara is being pedantic. She usually doesn't show much concern for details and seems to be making half her details from scratch instead of actually worrying about the accuracy of what she's saying. Also, even though she is wrong, she is pretty much on topic since most of her statements are about Meg, whose name is in the title of the thread. Actually, me (attempting to) point out that she's not very pedantic is probably more pedantic than her posts have been.

Also, many of the posters who have given detailed arguments about why she is wrong are probably more pedantic than she is since they actually show concern over the technical minutiae of the game (how it actually is, as opposed to how Kirara imagines it is). IMO, it's worth remembering that being pedantic is not a particularly negative thing to be when you're discussing a video game which is pretty much a math problem. Not that I am a particularly intelligent pedant as far as FE goes.

I also think Loki and Raven are absolutely right that Kirara is a troll, but that doesn't really make her any less wrong, so as long as you don't mind that the person you're talking to probably doesn't believe what they're saying (and why does sincerity really matter when you're discussing a video game? there's plenty of work for devil's advocates here! it just so happens that Kirara kinda sucks at it, but hey, she's defending Meg!), go ahead and enjoy yourselves.

Am I the only peson, who finds that her armor is more orange?

It's sort of ironic or punny, or something, that you're saying that with the name peach in your name. Anyway, looking at images, I personally think her portrait armor looks pinkish, her knight armor looks orangeish, and her general and marshall armor looks pinkish.

People still think that way? Wow. Was he talking about this game? Cuz Tauroneo in part 4 with Beastfoe and some BEXP is actually not bad. Definitely a lot less effort than freaking Meg.

You'd certainly be surprised how many people don't think prepromotes aren't worth using nowadays. JJFam5, however, wasn't talking about this game, but about FE7. Though I have seen something that suggests he employs the same mindset to every FE. Edited by Just call me AL

You'd certainly be surprised how many people don't think prepromotes aren't worth using nowadays. JJFam5, however, wasn't talking about this game, but about FE7. Though I have seen something that suggests he employs the same mindset to every FE.

Dude. FE7 has some of the best prepromotes in the series holy crap. Like Pent, Isadora, Geitz, Harken, Marcus, Vaida (even if her con kinda sucks), etc. Maaaaaannnn....

I don't think Kirara is being pedantic. She usually doesn't show much concern for details and seems to be making half her details from scratch instead of actually worrying about the accuracy of what she's saying. Also, even though she is wrong, she is pretty much on topic since most of her statements are about Meg, whose name is in the title of the thread. Actually, me (attempting to) point out that she's not very pedantic is probably more pedantic than her posts have been.

Also, many of the posters who have given detailed arguments about why she is wrong are probably more pedantic than she is since they actually show concern over the technical minutiae of the game (how it actually is, as opposed to how Kirara imagines it is). IMO, it's worth remembering that being pedantic is not a particularly negative thing to be when you're discussing a video game which is pretty much a math problem. Not that I am a particularly intelligent pedant as far as FE goes.

I also think Loki and Raven are absolutely right that Kirara is a troll, but that doesn't really make her any less wrong, so as long as you don't mind that the person you're talking to probably doesn't believe what they're saying (and why does sincerity really matter when you're discussing a video game? there's plenty of work for devil's advocates here! it just so happens that Kirara kinda sucks at it, but hey, she's defending Meg!), go ahead and enjoy yourselves.

It's sort of ironic or punny, or something, that you're saying that with the name peach in your name. Anyway, looking at images, I personally think her portrait armor looks pinkish, her knight armor looks orangeish, and her general and marshall armor looks pinkish.

Ilu SeverIan

Yeah when she promotes to Marshall, Meg's armor looks like a salmon pink color. However, i do feel like this is a The Dress issue. Cuz her OA and first tier armor is orange. I guess the more she promotes, the more pink she becomes?

Dude. FE7 has some of the best prepromotes in the series holy crap. Like Pent, Isadora, Geitz, Harken, Marcus, Vaida (even if her con kinda sucks), etc. Maaaaaannnn....

Bold: Not sure why you're saying that of frigging VAIDA when it's more appropriate of Isadora...

Edited by Levant Caprice

Bold: Not sure why you're saying that of frigging VAIDA when it's more appropriate of Isadora...

yer right. My bad, im thinking of her aid not con. Vaida for some reason cannot rescue shit.

Sometimes I feel like people are too quick to throw out the "troll" label. (There was more to this thought, but I think people would have found it too harsh)

i agree, loki laufeyson frequently declares that i get trolled when i respond seriously to something. it's a card that people use to cover their asses.

i agree, loki laufeyson frequently declares that i get trolled when i respond seriously to something. it's a card that people use to cover their asses.

I dont remember doing that. Implying something else entirely in your general direction, probably, but being trolled? Nah. Also, this is the first time in many months ive even responded directly to you. So i think this "frequency" you are speaking of is not exactly true.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Yeah when she promotes to Marshall, Meg's armor looks like a salmon pink color. However, i do feel like this is a The Dress issue. Cuz her OA and first tier armor is orange. I guess the more she promotes, the more pink she becomes?

Well it's been a while since I used and promoted Meg to third tier.

However I must agree that her marshall armor looks much more pinkier than her first tier armor.

I don't know what game you've played, but I never got the other Marshalls' res high enough to tank a crts. so easily. Even the regular magic attacks were sometimes enough to cause damage. Though I think Brom was an exception as well. And I don't remember any other playable Marshall knight handling SS swords or axes either, with Brom being the exception as always. The brave weapons maybe, I'll give you that, but I have better uses for them. And I would of course pick Mia or Zihark over Meg, but there aren't enough decent Sword Masters of this kind to fill all slots, and right after them, I'd pick Meg before Lucia, Edward or Stefan.

I understand Lucia an Stefan, but Why Edward? He caps Str, Skl, Spd, def, and HP on average, making him statistically one of the best units. He isn't a complete PITA to train either.

Edward never has enough dodge or defense to avoid dying in two good hits unless he's at a really high level.

I dont remember doing that. Implying something else entirely in your general direction, probably, but being trolled? Nah. Also, this is the first time in many months ive even responded directly to you. So i think this "frequency" you are speaking of is not exactly true.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=47947

coupled with tendency to post obnoxious .gifs

anyway marshalls should never face displayed crit vs. magic enemies to begin with (aside from thunder sages) and they blow in 4-E because of their spd cap. literally any class except for archsage is better in 4-E.

Edward never has enough dodge or defense to avoid dying in two good hits unless he's at a really high level.

Same thing with Meg though, and Edward isn't double either. Plus Caladbolg helps, for whatever it's worth.

anyway marshalls should never face displayed crit vs. magic enemies to begin with (aside from thunder sages) and they blow in 4-E because of their spd cap. literally any class except for archsage is better in 4-E.

Even Male Silver Knight (not that there are any good female ones)? At least Marshals have hammer, wymslayer, and brave axe access.

Though I guess when I think of Marshals for 4-E, I'm only thinking of Gatrie. Wouldn't bother with the others.

Edited by Radiant head

My problem with Edward was that his Spd was never as as good as his Res was bad. In matter of durability against non-magical beorcs he was better than Meg, but he was quite fucked when he was ganged up on by magical units. The accuracy of attacks was also a big factor here, because he had difficulties handling Laguz as well. I would pick Edward over Stefan and Lucia though. And I suppose if Elincia's Amiti could be traded, I would've also found a place for Edward in my endgame team.

How does eddie miss when he has an affinity that can boost the already accurate sword weapon-type by pretty easy +7 before forging?

Even Male Silver Knight (not that there are any good female ones)? At least Marshals have hammer, wymslayer, and brave axe access.

silver knights are mounted

the only maps that matter are 4-E-1 and 4-E-5.

determining who to use based solely on desired 4-E team composition is incredibly narrow-minded.

I only reforge brave weapons and Caladbolg is definitely not worth blessing it.

Er, have you played this game? You can't forge brave weapons. Also, rating someone's overall performance on endgame alone is retarded. Even then Eddie is better because speed cap and Str growth.