Fire Emblem Awakening DLC Mafia [ Game Over ]

Elieson

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On mobile. The app force refreshed, it was tech error not SF specifically. Im just ranting cause I'm mad. About 3/4 of the way through

the post now though.

I think Lord Gaius is town because he Tracked me, which I can't see as a valuable move for scum when they know can hammer me already.

He tracked you on N1, and despite the results, pushed you N2. He then claimed (which only tells me that you didn't visit anyone on N1), and is still in the middle of making a post.

However, your assertion that scum can hammer you already is not necessarily true. First, town has no idea what scum's strategy is, and stagnating discussion around you, if you're town, is a great stalling method. Second, I'm willing to bet at least one scum is in the "flake" group, so they may not be on to do things like hammer you out of nowhere (and if you flipped town after a vote with no explanation, that would be extremely suspicious). Third, it feels like you're painting yourself as a victim - and that's scummy. If you're town, you fight, because you know you are a guaranteed mislynch, and associative reads will help town later in the game. If you're scum, then sitting on your hands to minimize the amount of info you give out is a valid play (one of several, but that's for another time). Also, I feel that emotional manipulation has no place in a properly-played mafia game.

First off, Makaze thanks for letting me use your editor. It's really quite impressive.

On that same note (as LG), Strawman likewise unnecessarily prompted LG for sensitive/role-based information, which sounds pretty damn bad to me. There was no reason to fish as hard as you did there (when he'd already implied that his knowledge was ROLE BASED), and all this did was pan out more freebie info for scum.

The main problem I have with this, is that you're scumreading me and Straw simultaneously. So I'm scummy for needlessly outing information (which I shouldn't have done but that was more just an error on my parts.) ok. But, Straw is scummy for manipulating me into giving out this info? These two reads reall clashes thi each other when looked at together, because I'm scummy for doing something Straw pulled me into, yet you're still saying straw is scummy. Not really following.

1 scum down and 1 town down wonder who will be next?

Btw what are the scum intents of voting a person, just stating down my opinions.Unless you want me to not vote at all.Anyway if you think I'm scum that's okay with me just go ahead and vote me.Still sticking with my opinion on eclipse.It may be wrong but I have a feeling she is scum.

Ghoulin needs to play the game. Like, would be willing to end with this lynch over Makaze if need be. I understand it's confusing at first, but at some point you have to dig your heels on and play. The real problem is, I'm not sensing effort from you at all that a townie should have. This game hasn't even had that much content compared to others. The first 8 damn pages are votal bots and RVS shit.

Don't like to hear that Strawman was apparently rolefishing on me :3 I don't have a good indicator of whether this is super scummy or not yet, but Straw has seemed ok from his other (very sparse) amount of content. More so than other inactives like Ghoulin.

This still doesn't make me feel better about Lord Gaius. . .mostly because he dropped the case on Makaze due to his tracker results, despite having those results on D2. Rather than risk another miscounting disaster, would like votals (and would like the HOSTS to invoke it, since the early part of the game was votal spam to hell).

Still very heavily scumreading Makaze, I wanted to see the whole thread before voting and posting. Apologize for the delays.

No problems with Snike's post in content.

I meant that it looked good for Makaze that Shinori was not killed, imo, because Makaze was the only person really pushing Shinori. If Makaze was scum, it'd mean there wasn't real support for a Shinori lynch among town, so they'd be more inclined to kill him (Shinori).tbh I really don't think Makaze is scum even ignoring the above, but I am basing this off me getting his alignment totally wrong reading AMPM2 and thinking his contribution to the FFM wagon was really townie.

This really avoids the original question attended by diverting attention to Makaze's slot. Still no definitive answer whether Shinori is scum or not. Also isn't it still possible that Makaze and Shinori could be buddies setting each other up like Marth/BBM did in AM/PM2?

Eclipse I think my bias towards your slot was really towards Mancer's play wet how he handled his cases and the interaction with Snike's slot (Quote.) I think your content has been very solid. It's hard for me to shake scum ones of a slot when they sub right now.

Makaze, I just see too little logic in your case on Eury. In addition to what Eclipse has said about emotion, There has to be something in her content that sticks out to you as bad logic or a weak argument. I also really don't like how you called her wall posts "counter-productive." It seems like an easy way to get yourself out of having to work harder for your case on her. An excuse of sorts. The other post I didn't like was the one where you talked about all scum having voted for you already. Iirc the wagon was me, Shinori, Eury, Eclipse, and Straw(?). It town reads Paper, Snike, Poly, and Ghoulin of all people. Like I don't understand how anyone can townread Ghoulin. He's null at best. You also had very bad vibes from Poly coming D1, he didn't improve much to you D2 afaik, and now he's a townread? Very wishy-washy.

##Vote: Makaze

I've already stated my other problems with your content.

Hope this gave you all some stuff to analyze from me, I have to go to sleep it's way too late. I'm sorry if I missed anything or misrepped someone, this is essentially my second time making this post, and I'm too tired to care right now.

Good night.

Shit I really haven't been around. Haven't been feeling well and when I get home from work I've been doing other things to try and relax.

I've been very mood swingy lately. Anyone able to give me a tl;dr of stuff while I glance over peoples iso.

I probably won't be posting though until tomorrow, maybe in the morning before i go to work.

tl;dr - Makaze's at L-2, don't hammer unless there's less than an hour left in the phase.

The other tl;dr - Look above you.

Which reminds me. . .

##Unvote

Liked Gaius' recent post a lot better. The only issue I have is with this:

Don't like to hear that Strawman was apparently rolefishing on me :3 I don't have a good indicator of whether this is super scummy or not yet, but Straw has seemed ok from his other (very sparse) amount of content. More so than other inactives like Ghoulin.

which is unusually passive for an otherwise neutral-toned post.

At this point, I feel a bit better about Makaze, and somewhat better about Lord Gaius. Starting to dislike Paperblade, because he stopped by to address one thing and vanished (otherwise known as his scum meta). Still wouldn't mind lynching Ghoulin on the basis that mafia will never kill him, and his play style is extremely detrimental to the town. There's still a bit of time left, which is why I'm going to leave tonight with no vote.

He tracked you on N1, and despite the results, pushed you N2. He then claimed (which only tells me that you didn't visit anyone on N1), and is still in the middle of making a post.

However, your assertion that scum can hammer you already is not necessarily true. First, town has no idea what scum's strategy is, and stagnating discussion around you, if you're town, is a great stalling method. Second, I'm willing to bet at least one scum is in the "flake" group, so they may not be on to do things like hammer you out of nowhere (and if you flipped town after a vote with no explanation, that would be extremely suspicious). Third, it feels like you're painting yourself as a victim - and that's scummy. If you're town, you fight, because you know you are a guaranteed mislynch, and associative reads will help town later in the game. If you're scum, then sitting on your hands to minimize the amount of info you give out is a valid play (one of several, but that's for another time). Also, I feel that emotional manipulation has no place in a properly-played mafia game.

Fair enough. I didn't think about it being a n1 track.

@Lord Gaius: Where did the get the idea I town read Poly? He's not really been around and I was the one who asked people what they thought of his not hammering me. If Eury is scum I think he could be too.

##Unvote

##Vote NecroGhoulin

Bolding has no effect on the bot, for the record. I can't find anything wrong with my votes. I think there may be an error on your end?

Fair enough. I didn't think about it being a n1 track.@Lord Gaius: Where did the get the idea I town read Poly? He's not really been around and I was the one who asked people what they thought of his not hammering me. If Eury is scum I think he could be too.

I missed your post saying that Poly could have been too scared to hammer. My bad.

Ghoulin really needs to say something defending himself or reading other players, like I get some people are busy but this is just blatant apathy towards helping town.

Day 3: Automated Votals from #412 to #489

Makaze (4): Blackhawk Stinger, Eurykins, Sawslothducksaucestrawman, Lord Gaius

NecroGhoulin (2): Makaze, Snike

Eurykins (1): Paperblade

Not voting (3): eclipse, Shinori, NecroGhoulin

Errors (1): Snike

Phase ends in 25h50m. Hammer at 6.

Vote history:

Blackhawk Stinger (1): Makaze

Eurykins (1): Makaze

Snike (1): Sawslothducksaucestrawman

Makaze (4): Eurykins -> NecroGhoulin -> NecroGhoulin -> NecroGhoulin

Paperblade (1): Eurykins

eclipse (5): Makaze -> Unvote -> Makaze -> Lord Gaius -> Unvote

Sawslothducksaucestrawman (1): Makaze

Lord Gaius (1): Makaze

<Beta v0.1.6>

Beginning to suspect Lord Gaius a bit now, rethinking it through. If he still scum reads me after his claim then the motivation for the claim looks scummy. Either scum will kill him, making it really stupid, or he's knows they won't because he's scum, making it a reasonable scum move.

Would love to see something from Shinori today.

Just got home from orientation at my new old job. I won't be around for phase end because I begin my service to the movie gods tomorrow morning. Lucky enough as-is to get that post in.

First of all,

##Unvote
##Vote: NecroGhoulin

My bad, I thought there was an apostrophe.

Now I can't go comment on the whole thread because I'm seriously about to collapse, but I'll address eclipse because I think that's probably the most important point to hit.

RE:Gaius.@ the quote, you did try and discount Mancer's ISO by suggesting that your content was the only relevant stuff:

Protip: "I only skimmed this person" means that putting them as your second-strongest scumread is a really bad idea. I've got content NOW, so what do you make of it?

As for the explanation, I'm pretty sure I understand . Gaius could think that you're bussing Makaze in that scenario and still believe that Makaze is partially scummy for not having original thought/voice.

@Setup spec: Maybe? I would almost think that they'd at least have an information role + one other role + godfather rather than vanilla+. Your point about vanilla + doesn't fit because with watcher dead, it would be relatively safe for anyone to claim vanilla and either kill or otherwise deal with the claimed tracker, assuming they're not scum. Your point about town active roles doesn't make sense unless we're talking about balance but even then if we go with assuming the night 1 kill was blocked that's already 2 protective roles (???/watcher) versus the mafia, so either a kill modifier or a roleblocker on their team + some info gathering isn't unreasonable. You should maybe elaborate about what I 'let slip' so we can have a candid discussion about why that isn't the case and/or make a case for a wagon later.

@Ghoulin' over paper: I already mentioned it, but

Still worried about associative bias on eclipse + paper so I'm going to go ahead and

##Unvote
##Vote: NecroGhoulin'

I'd argue you've done less than Poly. Fix that, ie explain why you feel like eclipse is scum. (Also talk about other players).

I am aware I had some associative bias in AM/PM and I'm concerned that it might be the case here,

I went on Ghoulin over Paperblade or you for that + what was previously mentioned. He's also actually around periodically, so being effectively inactive is not an excuse.

I might be less wordy than last game, but I think I overthank last game. I do believe right now I am thinking about the game. And I'm worried, because I feel like the setup disagreement is somewhat of a mountain out of a molehill.

I'll be here for 10 minutes, but then I am going to be gone. Speak now or forever hold your peace. Until next phase.

OK, going to bed.

One last thing: Whatever happens, we need to lynch today. We only have 1 free NL left, and at this point, we desperately need more information. A flip will give that, so it's on you guys not to flake for the last 13~ hours of the game.

Good night.

I don't really think we do need a lynch right now.I think I'm gonna stay neutral for now because everybody suspects me for stuff so today,tomorrow and probably days after that I will be more alert and find scum on D4.

Hopefully I don't get killed T~T

Ghoulin, it's really time to take the initiative. You're one of the leading lynch candidates right now, and we need some true content from you in order to persuade us to keep you alive. You literally can't delay anymore.

Two things:

1. I just got home.

2. SF has given me serious loading problems at about this time. If you don't see a post from me, that's why.

RE:Gaius.@ the quote, you did try and discount Mancer's ISO by suggesting that your content was the only relevant stuff:

Now I'm getting slightly annoyed. See, you grabbed that quote out of context. Here's where it first started:

Scumreading Mancer for subbing is just rude. Attack his content, not the player himself. I'm sure he has a legitimate reason for not wanting to play/not having the time or effort. But his content isn't very good. Since pointing out that Shinori post (which he explained), hasn't done much but a very weak vote on Quote. Reaction wasn't very good either. Eclipse is better, but not enough to sway me.

And then came this post:

The Mancer read was admittedly very preemptive, he only had one real post, and it was very solid to me. After that, things went downhill. The post calling out Quote (rest in peace :(, hope you feel better in irl) on bussing was very weak in particular, as was his reaction which seemed very scummy to me. I need to reread Eclipse again, since I only skimmed what she posted.

Which means my content is what's affecting his read on Mancer, yet despite that, he has Mancer as a second-strongest scumread. If so, then a skim isn't good enough.

As for the explanation, I'm pretty sure I understand . Gaius could think that you're bussing Makaze in that scenario and still believe that Makaze is partially scummy for not having original thought/voice.

I think it's really weird to use your scumread's logic to target a mutual scumread. Like, "why isn't anyone doing anything about this" weird.

Speaking of that. . .where the hell is everyone else?

@Setup spec: Maybe? I would almost think that they'd at least have an information role + one other role + godfather rather than vanilla+. Your point about vanilla + doesn't fit because with watcher dead, it would be relatively safe for anyone to claim vanilla and either kill or otherwise deal with the claimed tracker, assuming they're not scum. Your point about town active roles doesn't make sense unless we're talking about balance but even then if we go with assuming the night 1 kill was blocked that's already 2 protective roles (???/watcher) versus the mafia, so either a kill modifier or a roleblocker on their team + some info gathering isn't unreasonable. You should maybe elaborate about what I 'let slip' so we can have a candid discussion about why that isn't the case and/or make a case for a wagon later.

Don't you think it's a wee bit odd, how I came to the conclusions I did?

What you let slip is information about your role - granted, it's hardly concrete, and I doubt I can use this for any future lynches, but I think you've said enough. Which is why I even bothered to mention it.

-> calls for consolidation

-> votes for someone with one other vote on him

Right-o. Since I really do want a lynch today. . .

##Vote: Makaze

This is because I don't have enough faith in the rest of the game to get a wagon started elsewhere, and I refuse to NL again. There's less than a page of posts over the 12ish hours I was gone, and that's terrible activity.

. . .wow did I mess up the quote tags. Everything after this:

Which means my content is what's affecting his read on Mancer, yet despite that, he has Mancer as a second-strongest scumread. If so, then a skim isn't good enough.

is from Snike's post.