Let's start a wishlist for FE: If

I've seen so many great suggestions for the upcoming game in the Fire Emblem series, how about we compile them into one nice list? Post your wishlist for Fire Emblem If, and discuss ideas!

I'll start this off...

- More map clear objectives. "Rout the enemy" and "Defeat the boss" aren't enough. I want loads more objectives, and multiple objectives per map, each offering different rewards. Example: Chapter 12 might have 3 objectives. "Rout the enemy", "Capture and defend the fortress", and "Rescue the prisoner". You can complete the map by Routing the enemy, but you wouldn't earn the improved rewards of the other two.

- More character customization options. Listen, I'm all for hardcore grinding and everything, but how about being able to buy some more "fun" things? Like special skins, hats, coats, whatever. I'm fine with some being purchased using in game currency and some using real money.

- More Camilla. Please?

Edited by ShadowSlayer

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The magic triangle. It was so cool seeing that variety with the spellcasting classes, and with hybrid classes being a thing it could be interesting seeing them add variety to that too. Dark Knight could get dark magic, Tacitician anima, and maybe replace War Cleric's staves with light magic.

Actually let's add hybrid classes to the wish list. I get the feeling they'll be in again, but still. Since this is related to this one so closely I'll put it as the same wish: a renaming of Tactician. It was fine as a name for Robin's class, but if it becomes generic it should get a new name.

More mechanical customization of MU. I want to be able to make Kamui into the unit I want without having to reclass into 4 different classes.

I know this is controversial, but I'll post it anyway. Remove genderlocks, they are silly, and do nothing but limit characters. I would like to see them removed.

Less amount of people to support, but more supports per person. This would cut down on silly support lines (Oh hello friend that I've talked to three times. What's this a ring? Of course I'll marry you, person I barely know) and allow for more natural romantic supports.

That's all I can think of for now.

Edited by Honey Bunny

The magic triangle. It was so cool seeing that variety with the spellcasting classes, and with hybrid classes being a thing it could be interesting seeing them add variety to that too. Dark Knight could get dark magic, Tacitician anima, and maybe replace War Cleric's staves with light magic.

Actually let's add hybrid classes to the wish list. I get the feeling they'll be in again, but still. Since this is related to this one so closely I'll put it as the same wish: a renaming of Tactician. It was fine as a name for Robin's class, but if it becomes generic it should get a new name.

More mechanical customization of MU. I want to be able to make Kamui into the unit I want without having to reclass into 4 different classes.

I know this is controversial, but I'll post it anyway. Remove genderlocks, they are silly, and do nothing but limit characters. I would like to see them removed.

Less amount of people to support, but more supports per person. This would cut down on silly support lines (Oh hello friend that I've talked to three times. What's this a ring? Of course I'll marry you, person I barely know) and allow for more natural romantic supports.

That's all I can think of for now.

I'm not sure about the less people to support. I wouldn't want any characters to not have any supports (except legacy ones)

^ I don't think you need to worry about that; In games where supports exist, even the characters who have less supports still have some options. I don't think there's straight up 0 support options unless they join literally at the last chapter where there's no time to make supports so it'd be pointless, which if FEif keeps up the trend of having a postgame, then it's reasonable to expect that every main-story character should have at least 1 support. If anything, Kamui will likely be able to support them since it kinda defeats the purpose of having a player avatar that gets locked out of even talking to their favorite characters.

ANYWAY my list

- More trousers

- More depth in character portrayal and relations

- Increased female body diversity (not likely considering FE but one can dream)

- Proper long hair options on Male Kamooi

- Buff option on Female Kamooi (also unlikely but I want my femu to be jacked as fuck ok)

- A properly challenging Lunatic mode (which isn't so much lacking from previous games as just I'd like the trend to keep going, harder the better)

I'm not sure about the less people to support. I wouldn't want any characters to not have any supports (except legacy ones)

Oh, I wasn't saying that supports should be gotten rid of entirely, but I find the idea of one character being able to befriend and marry half the army; more than a little ridiculous. (Unless being a people person is part of their personality, or they're the protagonist.)

- A properly challenging Lunatic mode (which isn't so much lacking from previous games as just I'd like the trend to keep going, harder the better)

Lunatic was a little weird in FE:A. I mean, the first few chapters, the endgame, some DLC maps, and some random story maps were very difficult, but the rest weren't very hard. I'd like to see a more "balanced" Lunatic mode.

And a Lunatic+ that's not complete RNG BS.

A Buff Lady Kamui, or other female characters, sounds awesome, I love buff ladies!

Fewer characters, but more character depth.

A couple characters that can S support with same sex units (or stop constantly teasing at it)

A full understanding of the story, without DLC.

Characters all comparably useful and decent, so that they could all reasonably be used til end game.\

Lunatic was a little weird in FE:A. I mean, the first few chapters, the endgame, some DLC maps, and some random story maps were very difficult, but the rest weren't very hard. I'd like to see a more "balanced" Lunatic mode.

And a Lunatic+ that's not complete RNG BS.

FE12's was nice. It's kinda hard to avoid midgame trivializing but even then the dragons at least kept it somewhat tough. Lategame is utterly untrivializable in 12 since there's nothing to push you over the enemy's stats especially after you lose access to Star Orb. The character balance could've been done better, but 13's way of assigning hardmode bonuses worked pretty well and makes later joining units at least serviceable. Something around 12's difficulty level with 13's hard+ player stat scaling should be fine.

L+ is not complete RNG BS though? It just takes a different mindset and like hell, I beat it in nogrind using a fairly suboptimal asset/flaw setup out of my own stubbornness. Chapter 2 is very annoying, but that's about the only chapter I'll really take a shit over in a pure L+ context. I don't believe I even bothered to reset for skills outside of like, prologue (since I did -res so mages are extra scary) and one turn-one roll in chapter 3. Chapter 23 and 24 sucked too but let's be real it's not like they're the pinnacle of map design in any mode.

I mean hell it's not a perfect mode but give it some credit, there's plenty of us who beat it on nogrind reliably enough to vouch for it.

Edited by Thor Odinson

^Yeah heres a break down not counting nils or awakening

FE6 everyone has at least 5 though most don't have more, max is 10 which 2 chars have

FE7 minimum 3 maximum 7

FE8 minimum 3 maximum 7

Fe 9 minimum 1 though only 1 has that otherwise 2 maximum 7

Edited by goodperson707

In order of preference:

1. Same-sex s supports or romantic paired endings.
  2. Dialogue options with visible alterations to the plot.
  3. More customization. (FE12's accessories, more hair styles, etc.)
  4. Platonic s supports/paired endings amongst the family members.

Honestly, all I really want is the first one.

In order of preference:

1. Same-sex s supports or romantic paired endings.
  2. Dialogue options with visible alterations to the plot.
  3. More customization. (FE12's accessories, more hair styles, etc.)
  4. Platonic s supports/paired endings amongst the family members.

Honestly, all I really want is the first one.

Same, I have gotten pretty good at making Male Avatar look a bit like a girl, and he doesn't speak too much, so its nice to pretend, same in games like harvest moon that let you redesign the characters, but he pronouns kinda ruin it. Won't lie, the reason I found Fire Emblem Awakening, is I am always on the look out for romance themed or mechanic games, on the off chance I can play as a lesbian. Winter Wolf games and Bioware are the few who have made it possible so far.

1. Multiple endings to the plot besides the obvious Hoshido/Nohr/Neutral split.

2. A good, intriguing plot that surprises me at least a couple of times.

3. More 'interesting situation' maps: Not necessarily different map objectives, but maps that require more than a standard fire emblem strategy and make us think.

4. More non-romantic platonic supports.

5. Return of Light Magic & some sort of magic triangle (so that magic tomes aren't that interchangeable).

Edited by Sky Soldier

Well...

In the list of importance (or maybe just random I dunno) ;

1. Same sex marriage. I will have my husbando.

2. Longer S- supports. The S- supports in Awakening were always a bit... short. I mean, they're getting married! They should atleast talk for a bit before.

3. A branching plot story, other than being teased by it in Awakening. (Emmeryn, I didn't wanna sacrifice youuuu ;w;)

4. More taguel. Kind of a weird wish, but it can be kind of plausible, and I really liked the taguel.

5. The magic triangle. It was a REALLY interesting concept, and they kinda just... Got rid of it.

6. An overworld map. I think I read something that said there won't be, but I don't remember it that well.

The first one. Most people want it.

So do I.

My list:

1.) If re-classing is a mechanic again, I'd LOVE to see the characters have alternate portraits to match his respective class. It bugged me that Tharja, as a knight, still retained her Dark Mage attire. As someone who has a touch of OCD, it irks me when I spot laziness in a game's design. I don't think this is likely though since it would be a ton of work on the artist's part.

2.) Unique bosses. I liked how FE8 and FE9 designed every enemy boss with unique portraits, models, and palettes. It gave the enemies just the right amount of personality. I didn't feel as if I were fighting another generic enemy. FE10 got a little lazy on that respect; FE11 and 12 ignored it completely. Awakening was guilty of this as well, so the designers better not have repeated it again in this entry.

3.) Same-sex relationships. We need more sexual diversity in games. Heather in FE10 was great, however, I believe she, along with Excellus were the only units to even be considered as LGBT (I was considering Homer from FE5, but he was a womanizer). It's not that straight men and women are bad, I just want more inclusion. If they do include a gay unit, I PRAY he or she is not a stereotype like Excellus was...

4.) Tactics Ogre, Shin Megami Tensei and Final Fantasy Tactics plot. I believe these games had amazing stories complete with my favorite story theme: gray morality. I want to feel that my choices matter. Major decisions in one's life aren't going to please everyone. Reality isn't so black and white, so I hope that the game captures this facet of life. I really hope that the Neutral path isn't deemed the "true path." Tactics Ogre did this so well because there were pros and cons for heading down the Law, Neutral and Chaos routes..

5.) Deep Characters: I don't want cardboard cutouts, I want memorable characters. For instance, FE13's Noire was hilarious at times, with her main gimmick being an alternate personality. However, they played this trope so often that it got old fast. She never showed any growth.

Edited by Leif

On the same sex marriage/s-support how would that work in regards to Kaimui? If your characters can marry most of the other characters like awakening, will you only get a couple characters for same sex marriage or everyone? Cause with a cast that is anywhere close to awakenings size (including the children)I don't think having everyone be bi, or changing their sexuality to match your gender would work. But if that doesn't happen you have the quite possible cries of tokenism and not being able to marry who you want to marry.

On the same sex marriage/s-support how would that work in regards to Kaimui? If your characters can marry most of the other characters like awakening, will you only get a couple characters for same sex marriage or everyone? Cause with a cast that is anywhere close to awakenings size (including the children)I don't think having everyone be bi, or changing their sexuality to match your gender would work. But if that doesn't happen you have the quite possible cries of tokenism and not being able to marry who you want to marry.

I think most people would be satisfied with at least one or two (attractive, non-walking-stereotype is a plus) options for each gender. If everyone was potentially bisexual, that would just seem weird since gay people only make up 2-3% of the population.

Though, the mere inclusion of at least one explicit gay couple would certainly be an explanation for a higher CERO rating...

1. No marriages unless the relationship is within character development like Neimi and Colm

2. International Version is one cartridge which is $55

3. Flawed Characters that grow over their supports (this actually might be good in context of the two versions, the characters are the same for the most part, but their supports are different, meaning that characters end up being more fleshed out)

4. Don't remove Weapon durability

5. More vertical maps and more map gimmicks (Dragon's Vein might alleviate this)

6. More types of Magic and specific weapons like Haleberds and Reavers.

7. Hoshido and Nohr have unique weapons that offer style

8. Character customization is expanded with more skin colors, eye shapes, nose shapes, body types and voices as well as hair colors and shapes (color of armor might be symbolic though, dunno about being able to change that.

9. Accessories to decorate the other fighters because why not.

List Time!

Linearity

Fog of War

Siege Weapons

Seize

Weather (if done properly)

Trinity of Magic

Reaver Weapons

LockPicks

Arenas (If Abuse is Locked Down. Love the concept, hate the executon. Still better than EXPonential Growth)

Benefits to playing Classic over Casual (Since Casual's all but confirmed to be back, please at least give an incentive for Classic. Or reword it so it doesn't sound so damn intimidating. At this point, it's all I'm asking)

Maps the change as time progresses (ex. Real-Time Day-Night cycle)

Edited by DeoGame

At least one thing that pops into my mind is more decisions that make a difference. Like a general branching path. I don't want the only decision that does something to be in chapter 5-6-like only the endgame decision made a difference in Awakening. I want those other decision to do things based on your choices.

I think most people would be satisfied with at least one or two (attractive, non-walking-stereotype is a plus) options for each gender. If everyone was potentially bisexual, that would just seem weird since gay people only make up 2-3% of the population.

Though, the mere inclusion of at least one explicit gay couple would certainly be an explanation for a higher CERO rating...

Okay that i would be perfectly game for, though i would say 2-3 per gender might be better not including (possibly?) you of course. But either way i feel people will complain that it was badly done no matter how they do it, possibly from both sides, but maybe I'm just cynical

I definitely wouldn't suggest relying on those statistics all too much given that it's incredibly dangerous for most people to be open about their sexuality/romantic orientation (due to alienation, risk of being fired, the threat of violence...), and thus there's a high probability people lied or outright refused to participate in a survey for their own safety. Besides, Kamui's a dragon. Having a whole cast of bi or pan individuals is significantly more realistic than being a dragon.

Allowing every character of another gender to fall in love with Robin -- to fall in love with you -- is purely fanservice, so to please the greatest number of players, they should simply allow that trend to continue regardless of gender; they could have the two Kamuis share supports with minor changes to pronouns and the like if they're too lazy to write a whole extra batch of conversations. Persona 3 Portable does this with Aigis and Elizabeth, for example, as well as Fate/ZERO (+CCC) when it comes to Saber and Caster.

However, unless they pull a "You're not actually related to any of us. Surprise!" sort of cheap twist, then unlike Awakening, you won't be able to enter a romantic relationship with everyone anyway (Ryouma and Sakura, to name two). With that in mind, just having three or four available love interests of the same sex wouldn't look out of place and could be conceivable.

Personally, I'd like for there to be a fair number of options so that I can select based on chemistry/personality, but even one is better than none. I'll take what I can get.