Let's start a wishlist for FE: If

Okay that i would be perfectly game for, though i would say 2-3 per gender might be better not including (possibly?) you of course. But either way i feel people will complain that it was badly done no matter how they do it, possibly from both sides, but maybe I'm just cynical

Each side complains for different reasons, and someone will complain regardless because internet, and vocal minorities, but once again that is the media we live with today that no matter what a vocal minority will complain, unless it is so popular, people will stamp all over any sign of opposition. That's everything.

I just was annoyed how these days everyone will make gay jokes, hint and tease at a very strong relationship that borders romantic (and would be perceived that way if one of them had a different gender.) But no gay people. If they won't add them, stop making allusions to it, ya know? I am really tired of my media doing this, stop jerking my chain. Fire Emblem does it for laughs and that is fine, but others do it on purpose, and it drives me nuts.

But Branching storylines are great, I dislike choices making no difference, so no choices, or them mattering would be good.

Customization is always good.

I really hope reclassing exists.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most people would be satisfied with at least one or two (attractive, non-walking-stereotype is a plus) options for each gender. If everyone was potentially bisexual, that would just seem weird since gay people only make up 2-3% of the population.

Though, the mere inclusion of at least one explicit gay couple would certainly be an explanation for a higher CERO rating...

Basically, considering that's how original original supports went and should have stayed...

Also, that statistic is probably utter BS, given that homosexual people must first come out to be recognized, and not everyone is brave enough to do that in modern society. Bisexual people are bisexual, not gay.

I definitely wouldn't suggest relying on those statistics all too much given that it's incredibly dangerous for most people to be open about their sexuality/romantic orientation (due to alienation, risk of being fired, the threat of violence...), and thus there's a high probability people lied or outright refused to participate in a survey for their own safety. Besides, Kamui's a dragon. Having a whole cast of bi or pan individuals is significantly more realistic than being a dragon.

Allowing every character of another gender to fall in love with Robin -- to fall in love with you -- is purely fanservice, so to please the greatest number of players, they should simply allow that trend to continue regardless of gender; they could have the two Kamuis share supports with minor changes to pronouns and the like if they're too lazy to write a whole extra batch of conversations. Persona 3 Portable does this with Aigis and Elizabeth, for example, as well as Fate/ZERO (+CCC) when it comes to Saber and Caster.

However, unless they pull a "You're not actually related to any of us. Surprise!" sort of cheap twist, then unlike Awakening, you won't be able to enter a romantic relationship with everyone anyway (Ryouma and Sakura, to name two). With that in mind, just having three or four available love interests of the same sex wouldn't look out of place and could be conceivable.

Personally, I'd like for there to be a fair number of options so that I can select based on chemistry/personality, but even one is better than none. I'll take what I can get.

THANK YOU

I'd like just no romance, with the possible exception of maybe a few support chains that vaguely hint at it and then cover what happens in the paired ending. Romance in general fails to interest me for the most part.

Being able to choose what types of weapons the avatar uses would be nice, but it looks like we'll be stuck with the Swords/Dragonstone combo.

More types of dragonstones.

Tactician class or something else with a similar outfit to tactician starting class. The robe is so majestic.

Bring back FE Gaiden bows to make archers useful again (1-3 range on normal bows, later bows have 1-5 range). Gaiden's the only FE game I've played where some of my favorite units to use are archers

FE12 customization, or at least the monocle. Also some optional changes throughout the game like FE12 did with hairstyles would be cool.

Edited by Espella

I would like them to:

1. Bring back Halberdiers

2. Improve Griffon Rider, (give them a sword or something)

3. Skill system from RD

4. The two Magic Triangles (Light-Dark-Anima, and Fire-Wind-Thunder)

The return of "Not limited to 5 supports a game"

Oh my god I hated that limit so much. I get why it existed when they couldn't program around someone having multiple ending changing supports but just make those S supports and make it so you can only get one.

Also make S supports anything that changes your ending, not just marriage.

Also as many have said more ways to end a battle, more customization options. Bring back magic triangle.

Also bring back the triangle attack of fliers.

Edited by Eveangaline

Yet Again?! No, I'm tired to repeat myself all the things I posted in a similar threads.

I only want to have a good FE game, which is more focussed on strategical elements than on waifus and fanservice.

A few things, which definitely much return:

• large variety of mission objectives (defend, escape, mission objectives to complete in a turn limit)
  • staves like sleep, silence and berserk
  • magic triangle including returning of light magic
  • anima long range magic
  • ballstas
  • steal command for thieves

I have much more wishes, but these are the most important ones for me.

I get that plot demands that Kamui's base class has dragonstone access, but I would like to choose the other weapon type instead of it having to be swords.

I want this game to be good. Shocking huh ?

Not but seriously guys, I'm not gonna say this again for what, the third time ? :p

Tons of weapons. Like, twice as many as Awakening. Bring back the Poleaxe, Longbow and Great Lance weapons from Radiant Dawn, and maybe add in Nodachi as a different version of Katana?

Soldier/Halberdier class brought back, along with Lance, Sword, and Axe knights from FE4/5/9/10. In Genealogy and Thracia, these specialized knights existed alongside Cavaliers, so it's not impossible.

Obviously, more battle victory conditions.

But, the biggest one for me is to NOT have marriage brought back. I loved that feature in Awakening, but like most gameplay elements from older games in the series, they get left behind to keep the older games unique. Awakening was the waifu game, let FEif become it's own game. Maybe not have supports at all, and leave it like the Akaneia games with characters gaining stat boosts when near characters that are friendly with them.

No amiibo-locked content

A single version inclusive of the original premise.

I'm all for amiibo content if it doesn't give a distinct, game-breaking advantage. But that implies the big N has to keep them stocked first. Either way, the more use for my FE set, the better. Then again, I may be biased. I collect far too many.

Waifus

An improved Awakening's DLCs (legacy characters to have proper model etc...)

Reclassing

A lot of S Rank supports for Kamui

More CG cutscenes

Marriage being more impactful in the main story

Fanservice

Counter being exclusive to boss only

No more Cordelia and Chrom bullshit

Kamui able to S Rank Aqua

Grinding, beach/hot spring, legendary weapons, OP skills and golds DLCs back

Haruka Tomatsu being one of the seiyuu

Waifus again

Not game wise related but I want an anime adaptation for IF by Sunrise.

Edited by Awakener_

Better designed maps - This doesn't necessarily mean more objectives (though they can certainly play a big part in it, but they aren't necessary as Shadow Dragon proves that maps can have the same objective through out but still have smart and intelligent design that just feels good to play on) but really just a strong variety of different kinds of maps that really make you feel like the promote strategy. One of the things I disliked about Awakening were that all the maps were basically these huge open spaces with tons of enemies and they just felt like they really lack any strategy to them, not saying they actually lacked strategy just that it felt like it, and promoted rushing on the enemy too much.

Sine it is confirmed to come back, I want to see a major re-haul to the Pair Up mechanic - I liked the theory behind but in practice it proved to be an incredibly broken mechanic and due to its nature made Awakening require a more RNG focused game, compared to other FEs, well the ones I've been able to play(which are all American released ones), on the higher difficulties. I'd like to see overall a less focus on stat bonuses to it (either make it exclusively class based bonuses or support based bonuses to stats rather then both and maybe get rid of the character has a 10 in stat x and gives a +1 in that stat the unit they are paired up with as well, either just make it less focused on stat gains) and more focused around the dual mechanic instead, and actually give reason to not always Pair Up.

Changes to how class changing works - I'd like Second Seal to come back but only want to see like only 1 or 2 available for the story portion of them and only be able to get them in mass during post-game stuff, if post-game returns (if there is no post-game I'd rather see Shadow Dragon's reclass system come back but without all the restriction groupings), and have unit class changes make more sense. Rather then based on what their personality is I would rather see it be more focused towards what the characters's base classes are (so like a magic unit gets other magic reclasses rather then physical recalsses and vice versa and for physicaly units try to keep it based around their weapon of the base class as much as possible).

Gaiden chapters FE7 style.

Return of Soldier class (or return of Villager but allow them to be able to promote from Villager to Soldier instead of having them go to 30), this also adds a third lance based class being Knight/Calvier/Villager(or Soldier or w/e) to be grouped into one to work with my want for class changing up above).

Coinciding with above I would like to see a third sword focused class, a third axe focused class, Griffon Riders to become their very own class, a third bow class (seeing as thieves now wield Bows along with Archers, by the looks of it, though Archer boy on Hoshido could just be a pre-promote Sniper and Thieves might just be able to promote into them in which case 2 more bows classes), Light Magic class back, and a new stave class.

Limited support options for character not named Kumai ala PoR/GBA games but with the unlimited amount you can do with Awakening but only able to have on S support and don't have S support only indicate marriage, and have its focus be on endgame messages instead, but also have some be platonic endings for male-male S supports and female-female S supports and some platonic S supports between male-female.

Weapon Durability

Hmm.

-Magic trinity

-Same sex marriage/paired endings

-DLC policy like Awakening's (none of this pre-planned DLC before the game comes out... though they've already screwed that one up)

-Nohr to have sidequest chapters like FE7

...that's all I can think of.

- Return of the soldier class

- Make axe users useful again (Awakening had way too few lance using enemies to make axe users useful IMO)

- Double magic triangle

- RD style maps, with ledges and height differences

- PANTS -_-

- Meaningful supports (No: pie -> pie -> pie -> marriage)

- Thieves that can steal again

- More variety in unit builds (Buff females, or Megs. A male character who wants to be a fighter but isn't strong enough and has to settle for archer or something like that)

-Marriage system returnes with more unice supports (not like FMU and Chrom)

- Some unexpected twists in terms of the story (preferably for both paths)

-Some more options for customisations

-Some depth to the characters on in both Hoshido and Nohr

-No "their not related so it`s okay" excuse for marrying your "family" in Nohr (not that I mind the option being there, it`s just that the excuse is stupid)

-Multiple endings

-Possibly the return of children units (just not future children)

-No "their not related so it`s okay" excuse for marrying your "family" in Nohr (not that I mind the option being there, it`s just that the excuse is stupid)

This will most definitely show up, alongside the "I never saw you as family" argument.