Famitsu 14th May Digital Issue Out Now

Ryo

A major complaint from even veteran players is that games like Tellius are "too slow". So there's that to consider too.

I was under the impression that Tellius was too slow because the maps are just filled with units and there isn't a skip enemy turn function like there was in Awakening. Not because it had so many menus. And even then the menus were no worse than FE4, and they explained more stuff than that game did.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression that Tellius was too slow because the maps are just filled with units and there isn't a skip enemy turn function like there was in Awakening. Not because it had so many menus. And even then the menus were no worse than FE4, and they explained more stuff than that game did.

It stems from the enemy movement and no "no animation" option. Like the average PoR map isn't as big as FE6. But since fe6 is all sprites and can go much faster it isn't complained about there.

But you may have something on the menus.

FE6 and the rest of the GBA games benefit from an emulator that has turbo, as well as SNES games (SNES9x 16x turbo god bless). The GBA games do still go faster than the tellius games even without turbo though, yes.

the GC/Wii Emu is the only one that doesn't have turbo, which could stem from the higher resources needed to speed up full poly 3d on large screen, and understandably so, but that doesn't help tellius games' playability for players who prefer to be doing things when they play games rather than just sit and watch.

It stems from the enemy movement and no "no animation" option. Like the average PoR map isn't as big as FE6. But since fe6 is all sprites and can go much faster it isn't complained about there.

But you may have something on the menus.

Pretty sure RD has a no animation option but you have to beat the game once to unlock it. I agree it's hella slow though. I had animations on for like the first 2 chapters before I couldn't take it anymore and have never turned them on again.

Pretty sure RD has a no animation option but you have to beat the game once to unlock it. I agree it's hella slow though. I had animations on for like the first 2 chapters before I couldn't take it anymore and have never turned them on again.

I'm actually probably one of the few who isn't bugged by the slowness but its a common complaint I hear.

I'm actually probably one of the few who isn't bugged by the slowness but its a common complaint I hear.

For the longest time I absolutely didn't mind them, but the fast forward button of Awakening has completely spoiled me. Can't go back.

But I thought people were suppose to take their time in strategy games?

It's one thing to take your time making your moves. It's quite another to wait on a phase that you have no control over!

For EPs that take forever, I like to go do something else while I wait. If player phase starts and I don't notice it won't be too bad.

But apparently Nohr is more like VC than FE, what might that mean for EP length?

I was going to say that FE players must be patient because of the genre they play but apparently I was mistaken, lol.

Skipping animations, skipping the enemy phase... Everyone* just wants to race through, watch enemies disappear and levels to go up.

*only some people

For EPs that take forever, I like to go do something else while I wait. If player phase starts and I don't notice it won't be too bad.

But apparently Nohr is more like VC than FE, what might that mean for EP length?

Not that bad thanks to Awakening Skip and extremely fast speed up.

FE9 is slow because map animations are slow as fuck and you can't turbo through them like you can FE1-5 emulators (which is how most people play those games)

FE10 is slow because a bunch of maps in Part 2/3 have a horde of allied NPCs that waste your time for no real reason. So you sit there waiting for them and the enemy to ineffectively trade blows (3-P and 3-E are particularly egregious about this) and it's just why would you do this, IS?

Edited by Paperblade

Looking at the difficulty selection menu again, I think it's possible that Lunatic is the highest difficulty. Unlike Awakening, it doesn't say it's for "expert players" or something along that line, this time it just simply describes Lunatic as "for people seeking the hardest level" (最難関を求める方に).

This somewhat makes sense since I don't think a Lunatic+ system similar to Awakening would work really well with this game (imagine having to break through a wall of dual-striking enemies with Luna+, Vantage+, Hawkeye etc. in 5 turns). However, it seems the menu has perfectly enough space for another extra mode though, so I don't know...

All I know is that Loony Nohr will likely be so brutal on classic, that Thracia experts will start to cry.

Seriously, if Loony Nohr is as bad as I think it will be, then I forgive Phoenix mode for existing.

All I know is that Loony Nohr will likely be so brutal on classic, that Thracia experts will start to cry.

Seriously, if Loony Nohr is as bad as I think it will be, then I forgive Phoenix mode for existing.

In all honesty Thracia's only pretty nasty on the first couple of runs, because unless you use a guide, there's no way you'd be able to prepare several chapters ahead for a couple of sections. Once you figure out the tricks, the game isn't too horrible in my opinion, just really degrading on those first runs. I'm probably going to do a phoenix run of Loony Nohr to figure things out without breaking the game out of frustration because I can't beat the first 4 chapters.

Make FE12 H4 0% growths look attractive, and I'll be on board.

Awakening's Lunatic can be beaten by funneling enough experience into Robin such that he/she becomes so far ahead of the level/stat curve that he/she can realistically take on all enemies, and live. I'd like to see if this was "solved" in this game.

FE9 is slow because map animations are slow as fuck and you can't turbo through them like you can FE1-5 emulators (which is how most people play those games)

FE10 is slow because a bunch of maps in Part 2/3 have a horde of allied NPCs that waste your time for no real reason. So you sit there waiting for them and the enemy to ineffectively trade blows (3-P and 3-E are particularly egregious about this) and it's just why would you do this, IS?

I actually quite like 3-P; it's relatively short and gets its cinematic intend across really well. I liked the feel of you being a small strike force helping the actual lord of the map (Skrimir) accomplish the victory condition. 3-E is also cinematic, but I do agree it drags on too long. You don't feel like you're helping do anything, you're just watching a clock move steadily forward until a key event can happen. I enjoyed it well enough the first time because of the feel of dread (I liked the comments of various characters interspersed throughout the fight at various kill thresholds) and wondering what was going to happen, but it certainly drags on replays.

There's no grinding in loony Nohr, so basically every chapter will be like early game Loony in Awakening.

Five bucks that's why Phoenix exists

Also if the game's Lunatic is atleast as hard as Awakening's even Hoshido's Lunatic will be a difficult prospect for players. There's the prologue and atleast 5 chapters(and perhaps even the first Hoshido chapter) before you can grind compared to Awakening's 4.

Also if the game's Lunatic is atleast as hard as Awakening's even Hoshido's Lunatic will be a difficult prospect for players. There's the prologue and atleast 5 chapters(and perhaps even the first Hoshido chapter) before you can grind compared to Awakening's 4.

And even then, the grinding is confirmed to be more the arenas of past installments than Awakening's easy grinds.

I honestly can't wait for this in game hell

And even then, the grinding is confirmed to be more the arenas of past installments than Awakening's easy grinds.

But even then, the skirmish enemies' stats should be somewhat similar to Awakening's lunatic, so it's actually impossible to grind. The only way to cheap out of this is DLC, which hasn't been created yet...

Okay, so this image may have some interesting things about it.

QbnP7bu.jpg

For starters, this is likely a skirmish. You're fighting against thieves(not just the class, their actual affilation reads as this), we have a Thief(thought to be exclusive to Nohr) paired up with a Pegasus knight(Hoshido only at this point), and, well, it's in the article about skirmishes. So moving on.

Kamui can clearly use Suzukaze as a partner, and yet the dual attack stats don't show up(pointed out by a compatriot of mine). Now maybe the dual attack has yet to be unlocked. That being said, there is a plus sign and room for numbers, along with skirmishes themselves already being unlocked at this point; still, it's possible. Note though, that the thief has two of those shield icons in his status. Maybe they are the cause of that.

Next, the thief's green stats. They are speed and resistance, the same as the pair-up bonus of pegasus knights in Awakening. But, the bow is also different than the one of this other thief with no green stats(and weapons may very well affect stats directly if we're to believe the interview):

2KdNPEt.jpg

Also, the other cases of units with green stats do not feature pair-up; however, we do have confirmation that pair-up grants stat bonuses, yet there are no displayed stat boosts like in Awakening. Considering all the information available on this screen, it's unlikely to be the eventual less detailed version, and besides, since dual attacking is only possible when units are on adjacent tiles, this positioning may grant stat boosts as well. Also, these thieves are using a bronze and an iron bow, and in this case, the bronze one would be the stat-granting weapon, out of the two. But, some of the stat boosts we see from, er, dualizing, are weird if we assume they're determined by class:

IbkVN7n.jpgChFYHD3.jpg

+Speed, + Def, -Res from Elphie, a knight(this only works if the game still considers that he's still beneath her in that shot), and, +Defense and Resistance from Rinka, a theorized Oni(edit: the luck boost is probably caused by her luck+4 skill). To sum it up, I believe we still can't know for sure what causes these stats to become green or red.

That's it for the big things, now for the interesting details:

-This thief gets 7 attack from a bronze bow and C-rank. Aqua is getting 4 from a bronze naginata and E-rank.

-The pegasus knight, which can be seen on the lower screen, seems to have a masculine haircut(might be a weird helmet though).

-These enemies seem to be colored in brown, not red. It's easier to see if you compare the two thieves' sprites.

-The "R" prompt on the left of Suzukaze's name implies that you can chose who you "dualize" with, which wasn't the case in Awakening. This was already pointed out by somebody else(either Ryo or VincentASM I believe), but I thought it had its place in there.

That's all I could figure out. Hopefully there are no dumb mistakes.

Edit:Oh right, and Felicia's there. Again.

Edited by Cysx

In the bottom 2 spoilers, units are NOT paired up. Furthermore, why would pair up REDUCE a unit's stats? I'm quite sure for the bottom 2 spoilers, the stat changes are caused by the weapons (except for Aqua's Luck +4), as some weapons say that they are harder to double with (-spd?) but are stronger, some reduce chance of enemy critting (+luck?).