Character Designs

hauteclere

And "youthful appearance" means to me that she's meant to look like a kid.

Except she doesn't look like a kid. I thought Nyx would be older than Tharja when I first saw her. Do you not consider "young adults", youthful? She even lives a secluded life with fortune telling as a job. Edited by IceBuster573

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like mentally, right? Acting childish and all that.

Well, yeah, I guess, but my point is that when you become an adult you don't suddenly stop maturing. Nyx could very well be in her early 20s, but act a lot older than that.

OR... maybe she's of mixed blood like Sophia or Micaiah and ages slow? It would certainly match her description, and even explain the marks on her face. The fortune-telling thing even mirrors Micaiah!

Edited by Jave

You can be an adult legally but still not reach a certain level of maturity.

Yes, indeed, but when we say "more mature than she looks," it would make zero sense to say that about an adult. For example, would it make any sense to say that Scarlett Johansson is more mature than she looks? No. We have a general idea of how mature an adult should be, that's why.

Well, yeah, I guess, but my point is that when you become an adult you don't suddenly stop maturing. Nyx could very well be in her early 20s, but act a lot older than that.

OR... maybe she's of mixed blood like Sophia or Micaiah and ages slow? It would certainly match her description, and even explain the marks on her face. The fortune-telling thing even mirrors Micaiah!

Sophia and Ninian both also had foresight as well.

I have a dreadful feeling that line about Nyx being "more mature than she looks" is a silly joke about the size of her chest.

I wish I could say I'm not serious.

However, going by face she seems younger than, say, Charlotte or Camilla. Maybe it's just that.

How can you be more mature than an adult?

We clearly don't know the same people

I'm so happy with Kozaki's artwork for if as for me, characters are one of the most, if not the most important thing for me in games, and I think that every last one of the characters look so unique and have diverse personalities (obviously the exception bein Luna, who is still interesting as I enjoyed Severa's character in Awakening). My favourites so far are Nikishi and Sakura and I hope even more characters with great artworks and personalities are revealed in these next few weeks. :)

I'm busy feeling sorry for the chicks with big boobs. Back pain is a real thing, even with some support!

So is trying to find a good position to sleep in, finding good casual clothes, not accidentally slamming a washing machine lid on 'em, etc.

If I'm gonna complain about Charlotte's midriff, I'd complain about Rinka, too.

I'm far more offended by her shoulder armor and hair. Those two do NOT look like they mix well on a battlefield. While having a low-cut top is in-line with Charlotte's character, I don't like how it was illustrated - if they didn't look like balloons, I probably would've rolled my eyes and moved on. For an example of how to do big boobs without them looking fake, refer to my avatar - they're big, but they don't puff up to the point where they're shiny.

What.

Anyway. . .for the female character designs, I like Belka, Luna, Nyx, Mikoto, Oboro, and Kazahana (assuming the non-moms are wearing reasonable pants, not battle panties). Hinoka would've been better-served if she'd worn proper pants (as I like her otherwise).

Wait, is slamming washer machine lids on them a real issue? My best friend has big breasts and I don't think she's ever mentioned that happening...

I'm not sure what you dislike about her shoulder armor, but I agree her hair (and bra color imo) don't really scream front line unit. And I understand your point about her boobs. She basically has them on display. Like she just got a boob job and is trying to show them off.

And I agree on Hinoka. At the minimum she at least should have worn a longer skirt.

Wait, is slamming washer machine lids on them a real issue? My best friend has big breasts and I don't think she's ever mentioned that happening...

I'm pretty sure that that was a joke. That shouldn't even be possible unless said girl is wearing neither shirt nor bra and is just letting her... er, embonpoint hang over the washer.

My washer is different

I'm also one of the people that have no problem with Nyx's design. I like Hinoka, she's one of my favorite people so far, but I wish she wore a longer skirt.

I've come to like a lot of the Nohr designs.

And... I have no clue what route I want to go now.

I'll flip a coin or something.

I've come to be fine with Charlotte's design, even though I still think it's a little ridiculous, but I'm not going to complain about it, because.. everyone else already is.

eclipse makes the best jokes that people take them seriously

I like most of the character designs in this game. Some I could do without, but that's nothing new.

I don't... hate Nyx's design per se... I don't know. Something about it just makes me tilt my head and I don't know what it is.

I don't... hate Nyx's design per se... I don't know. Something about it just makes me tilt my head and I don't know what it is.

Is it the spiky hair? I can't stand it. It's also one of the reasons why Hinata will be in "accidents" in all of my playthroughs.

WHAT.

I love Hinata's design do you want me to cry?? ;-;

But no, it's like, from her portrait, I don't know, it just looks like she's really really abnormally short to me, and I can't stop imagining her like that, so it's really jarring to my eyes.

The head ornament she's wearing makes it look like she has horn imo. That's what I don't like about her design. The hair is a little crazy for me as well.

I'm pretty sure that that was a joke. That shouldn't even be possible unless said girl is wearing neither shirt nor bra and is just letting her... er, embonpoint hang over the washer.

It wasn't a joke.

1. Stuff a pillow under your shirt, where your chest it.

2. Open a top-loading washer.

3. Lean over a top-loading washer.

4. Note where the pillow is.

I'm not sure if the lady that happened to was wearing a bra at the time. . .but it's not outside of the realm of possibility that she wasn't, since she was at home.

Ahem. . .

For whatever reason, I don't see why Nyx's design is. . .uh, bad. I'm perfectly fine with it, and even if I don't like the outfit itself, it suits her well!

Charlotte's design seems to match her personality, so I don't really mind it. I'm a little bummed that Orochi only has half a shirt, but again, I don't mind that much. Belka and Crimson both have nice upper armor. Hopefully, they don't have battle panties.

I'm also quite fond of Nyx's design, though the horn does bother me a little. i also liked that she has small boobs because i do too and i'm super self-conscious about them and i saw her and i was like whoa maybe small boobs are more socially acceptable now but after reading the last few pages of this topic i don't know how to feel anymore ouo;;;

It wasn't a joke.

1. Stuff a pillow under your shirt, where your chest it.

2. Open a top-loading washer.

3. Lean over a top-loading washer.

4. Note where the pillow is.

I'm not sure if the lady that happened to was wearing a bra at the time. . .but it's not outside of the realm of possibility that she wasn't, since she was at home.

Ahem. . .

For whatever reason, I don't see why Nyx's design is. . .uh, bad. I'm perfectly fine with it, and even if I don't like the outfit itself, it suits her well!

How do you know so much about having big breasts?

Nyx's outfit sexualizes children. It appeals to the pedos in Japan, which is a problem for me. Same as Nowi's.

eclipse clearly has a certificate in large breasts, making her more qualified than anyone to talk about them!

Truth be told, she doesn't look particularly child-like. Sure, the costume's a little scanty, but I'm not entirely sure it's exactly paedo-bait.

Nyx's outfit sexualizes children. It appeals to the pedos in Japan, which is a problem for me. Same as Nowi's.

You'd be surprised at what people will tell you if you're willing to listen to things that aren't pertinent to your interests.

I can't see an actual child in Nyx's threads. They'd probably swim in it, because the rest of Nyx is proportioned like an adult. I think Sakura/Elise would be closer to your issue (Elise has ribbons on her high heels and Sakura's sock-things have red trim right up her inner thigh). Hell, if it's the flat-chested part. . .then wouldn't Hinoka/Belka be an issue as well?

Am I the only one who has no major issues with the character designs so far? The only issue I can come up with (that I haven`t already mentioned) is Fox boy (forgot his name) not really looking that cool, to me atleast.

My opinion on the designs went like this:

(Announcement): "Hey, they don't look too bad."

(Second trailer): "Okay, this is worse than I'd like, but at least it's not..."

(Currently) "...almost as bad as Awakening."

What I would give to see a return to a (relative) lack of fanservice and slightly more simplistic designs.