Character Designs

hauteclere

Am I the only one who has no major issues with the character designs so far? The only issue I can come up with (that I haven`t already mentioned) is Fox boy (forgot his name) not really looking that cool, to me atleast.

Honestly, nearly all my issues with the designs are minor. Overall I think the characters look pretty good.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who has no major issues with the character designs so far? The only issue I can come up with (that I haven`t already mentioned) is Fox boy (forgot his name) not really looking that cool, to me atleast.

I feel ya. My issues come mostly from the concept art poses - namely the dudes, actually, just for lack of personality. We have 4 variants of "legs shoulder width apart lowkey power pose" and while people are complaining about Sakura and Elise's poses at least they have personality. Also fem!Kamui and Aqua's. Just way too similar pose-wise.

The only actual design I have a problem with is Orochi's just because I don't feel her personality fits the midriff? Like I can kinda see what they were trying to do - "Hey, let's give her traditional clothes, because she speaks archaically - but wait! She's not actually cool and mysterious... Better do something to show her playful side! I know! Let's just do away with an entire segment of her outfit!" - but it just.... doesn't work for me. I think giving her some brighter colors would've been better and more indicative of her personality (although who knows? maybe she is a flirt?)

You'd be surprised at what people will tell you if you're willing to listen to things that aren't pertinent to your interests.

I can't see an actual child in Nyx's threads. They'd probably swim in it, because the rest of Nyx is proportioned like an adult. I think Sakura/Elise would be closer to your issue (Elise has ribbons on her high heels and Sakura's sock-things have red trim right up her inner thigh). Hell, if it's the flat-chested part. . .then wouldn't Hinoka/Belka be an issue as well?

Who would talk to you about their breasts?

I'm 120% sure that when they say Nyx looks immature they're referring exclusively to her breasts. Hell she doesn't even seem particularly short.

LOL do Japs really equate maturity with breast size?

Anyway, I find Orochi's (is that the girl who isn't wearing pants) outfit kinda disturbing. You can almost see her pubic hair.

I'm 120% sure that when they say Nyx looks immature they're referring exclusively to her breasts. Hell she doesn't even seem particularly short.

iFE8bcS.jpg

Oh Fire Emblem.

Who would talk to you about their breasts?

LOL do Japs really equate maturity with breast size?

Anyway, I find Orochi's (is that the girl who isn't wearing pants) outfit kinda disturbing. You can almost see her pubic hair.

You know, maybe women talk about things they have in common?

Also you do realize how rude the term "Japs" is right? You haven't changed at all.. still an uncultured sexist jerk.

I've been aboard the hype train for a while now and finally decided to make an account but to get back on the actual topic

Personally I quite like most of the designs and the extra details draw me in way more than awakening's did. And I also don't think there's too much going on in the character potraits

either, I think it's just the right amount for characters to look unique.

My favourite designs have got to be on the nohr side though, despite the boob window and war panties I think Camilla has that older sister feel to her and tbh Marx and Leon just look really cool. Elise's look also tells me, "innocent in a dark world."

also I didn't even notice nyx supposedly looking like a child until I read the description. She gives you the kinda mysterious and wise feel don't ya think?

If you could do me a favour and not try to put words in my mouth, especially racist ones, that'd be great.

Why should I? That's exactly what your post says.

This post is amazing

Thanks.

So have we seen any Knight designs in this game? I hope it goes back to Shadow Dragon style because thats one of the designs I really like in the game, especially once they promote to General (Then again it's the only FE I've played so I may be a bit biased)

Nyx's outfit sexualizes children. It appeals to the pedos in Japan, which is a problem for me. Same as Nowi's.

Small breasts and short height =/= child

Nyx looks way less childish than Nowi does, imo. May have something to do with her expression.

Nyx looks way less childish than Nowi does, imo. May have something to do with her expression.

So just looks?

"Notwithstanding the fact that she appears to be very young, she is actually mature, and lives a tranquil life working as a fortune teller." She's sounds around 15 or something, but acts more mature than a 100 year old dragon and even Sumia, but I hope her personality isn't like Miriel. About her design, I'm A-OK with it. That hair is dank and she, overall, looks pretty cool. Photoshop it yellow please.

Benoit looks cool and dark, but he's no Ike. Tsukuyomi has interesting color, seems like an underdog and actually seems more pleasant to use unlike Ricken imo.

Edited by Great Geargia Gateway

So just looks?

"Notwithstanding the fact that she appears to be very young, she is actually mature, and lives a tranquil life working as a fortune teller." She's sounds around 15 or something, but acts more mature than a 100 year old dragon and even Sumia, but I hope her personality isn't like Miriel. About her design, I'm A-OK with it. That hair is dank and she, overall, looks pretty cool. Photoshop it yellow please.

Benoit looks cool and dark, but he's no Ike. Tsukuyomi has interesting color, seems like an underdog and actually seems more pleasant to use unlike Ricken imo.

I dunno how you read out of that,that she is only 15 or something like that.

"She appears very young" sounds to me like she merely looks to be rather young,but doesn't say anything about her actual age.

And young is relative,18 is a young adult,but still an adult(in most countries at least)

I think the generic enemy Dark Mage is one of my favorite desgins.

Sorry if I'm behind the times here, and sorry for the slight tangent, but... is that a generic female enemy in a non-female-locked class? Wow.

Sorry if I'm behind the times here, and sorry for the slight tangent, but... is that a generic female enemy in a non-female-locked class? Wow.

The times they are a-changin'!

I didn't think she was a child until I saw that statement. "She's much more mature than she looks" iirc.

There have been afew throughout the series. A sage or two in FE7 are female, it was rare but it did happen somewhat.