Character Designs

hauteclere

...I'm just gonna ignore this conversation here.

I'm really curious what classes Mikoto and Garon are if they both end up being playable.

I could see them being both Pegasus Warrior and Wyvern/Revenant whatever Knight/Rider/ whatever based on their designs.

But I don't know, really.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention the chafing, oh gosh, the chafing …

omg omg just googled chafing... NOOOOOOO it hurts my eyes :(

I see what you mean now, but still I prefer the female designs.

...I'm just gonna ignore this conversation here.

I'm really curious what classes Mikoto and Garon are if they both end up being playable.

I could see them being both Pegasus Warrior and Wyvern/Revenant whatever Knight/Rider/ whatever based on their designs.

But I don't know, really.

Mikoto's likely whatever Sakura promotes to (bow staff) if you look at Sakura's TCG design; also she's not riding anything with that poofy dress

omg omg just googled chafing... NOOOOOOO it hurts my eyes :(

I see what you mean now, but still I prefer the female designs.

OMG why would you do that I'm so sorry

Also, I don't dislike the female designs in general. I just find some of them not as … functional as the men's designs, or designed to be more fanservice-y. And I do like Hinoka's design, just the lack of pants while Tsubaki wears them is a little ;/

Mikoto should be a Weaponsmaster obviously :P

Hey, I don't know, Don't give me that :p

Garon kind of screams Wyvern Rider to me because his armor kind of looks a lot like Camilla's in terms of design, so fuck I don't know.

Mikoto's likely whatever Sakura promotes to (bow staff) if you look at Sakura's TCG design; also she's not riding anything with that poofy dress

I just looked at the card, yeah, I can see it. It looks a lot like Mikoto's outfit.

Edited by Sophie

Also even then I'm putting some reservations on Belka because if she has battle panties I will be very sad because I do like that top

Isn't Belka a dude or am I just wrong? Animes are playing with my mind, man.

Edit: Nevermind, saw the latest scans. GG me.

Edited by Tryhard

Isn't Belka a dude or am I just wrong? Animes are playing with my mind, man.

Belka is a girl.

Edited by Sophie

I like If's character designs more than Awakening's so far, in general. Awakening definitely wasn't all bad, but it felt too... overdone to me, I suppose you could say. I got into Fire Emblem when Blazing Sword was released in the west, and that game's relatively down-to-earth character designs were the sort of thing I came to associate with the series. The direction Awakening's art took was a little jarring to me, so I'm glad that If seems to be taking a step back from Awakening's style of rocket pauldrons, toilet bowl helmets, and big floppy wizard hats being the norm.

Don't get me wrong; I love big floppy wizard hats as much as anyone. They're just not how I imagine Fire Emblem.

Oddly enough, the one character design that bugs me in If is...

Harold.

It's not that he looks bad. It's just that I keep thinking he's a Cavalier, not a Fighter. He has that look about him somehow. ...Is that just me?

Oddly enough, the one character design that bugs me in If is...

Harold.

It's not that he looks bad. It's just that I keep thinking he's a Cavalier, not a Fighter. He has that look about him somehow. ...Is that just me?

I thought so too. He kinda seemed like he had Kieran's personality, so I just automatically assumed he was a cavalier.

Do be careful how you word things, because that last sentence is just freaking foul. Perhaps you should read this.

Oh, sorry... I guess I didn't really know what I was saying in that sentence, my apologies.

I think I like the female designs more this time myself. I love Ryouma, don't get me wrong, but so far, he's the only male I've taken a strong liking to. I like female Kamui, Aqua, Rinka, and Elise the most out of the females.

Oh, sorry... I guess I didn't really know what I was saying in that sentence, my apologies.

I think I like the female designs more this time myself. I love Ryouma, don't get me wrong, but so far, he's the only male I've taken a strong liking to. I like female Kamui, Aqua, Rinka, and Elise the most out of the females.

Yeah its ok. Just more careful in the future because im sure thats not exactly what you meant, but yeah. /pat (someone could respond to that in a very defensive manner, much more than i.)

To be honest, i enjoy most of the female designs this time around for both Nohr and Hoshido. I like all the designs. Sure, Camilla's bottom half is like "wat", but im just rolling with it. I am so into Marx, Joker, and Tsubaki oh my goodness. Im also really into Belka, Camilla, and Nyx.

Yeah I mean I don't mind Charlotte in the context of the fighter class as is in 13/14 and her character but fighter as a class looks kinda terrible overall like

what the hell is going on with anything looks dumb af

http://puu.sh/iazXS/cf70e1ab6f.png

I mean I really hope this isn't generic fighter this is just ridiculous

ngl = not gonna lie

Agreed and ewww at that picture. Hopefully that isn't the generic fighter or I'll be sure to play with a landscape view vs fighters.

I don't care about her boobs. I care about how terrible that (lack of) armor looks. I have the same complaint with Vaike and Basilio. If they were 100% armorless (Like Brigands in previous titles), I wouldn't care as much because it's obviously a preference. But with the way how Fighters are designed from Awakening onwards it looks like they forgot their chestplate at home and it's extremely bothersome for a series that at least kept armor sensible enough to keep suspension of disbelief.

100% agree with the bolded. I also find the Fighters outfits ridiculous in Awakening. I'd prefer they go back to the Tellius designs. I was just pointing out a lot of people claiming to hate Charlotte's design because it's impractical or weird but then only refer to her boobs being exposed, which is wrong when Warriors and Fighters in Awakening lack much chest covering at all.

Fighters throughout the entire series have been lacking in the armor department (the most I can recall one wearing off the top of my head is shoulder pads). I for one don't think there's a huge difference in the defensive capabilities of cloth shirt versus that of one's skin aside from the the fact that latter seems to offend some people.

Good points. Doesn't change that the most recent ones are ugly but I agree with this post.

I agree that most of the male designs seem to be better than the female designs. Even comparing Hinoka and Tsubaki, who are both pegasus warriors, it's jarring how different their attire is. I'm glad Hinoka doesn't have boobplate like the Awakening pegasus knights did, but the garters still exist and she's not wearing any pants. Hopefully Hinoka is dressed differently by virtue of being a princess, and generic pegasus warriors will have outfits more similar to Tsubaki's than Hinoka's … male or female.

Just want to point out that female mounted units not wearing pants isn't an Awakening thing. Goes back as far as at least the GBA era. But I agree that wearing a skirt instead of pants seems unnecessary for the generic female armor. Cool on certain female units, but seems unnecessary as basic attire.

This is Belka. She serves under Camilla. I believe shes a wyvern rider.

Oh, that character? I thought that was a boy. Ugh, I suck at figuring out people's genders. First I thought Hinoka was a boy, then I thought Takumi and Tsubaki were girls, now I mistake Belka for a boy. -_-

Oboro, I simply had no clue, though I was leaning towards female. I'm probably wrong here too though...

Edited by Anacybele

Just want to point out that female mounted units not wearing pants isn't an Awakening thing. Goes back as far as at least the GBA era. But I agree that wearing a skirt instead of pants seems unnecessary for the generic female armor. Cool on certain female units, but seems unnecessary as basic attire.

every single game in the series has at least one rider who does not wear pants. Thraica and Tellius are tied for the least amount of them with one each i believe (Nanna and Mist respectively bonus points for both using Staves and swords)

Edited by goodperson707

Nephenee doesn't have pants either. And Marcia doesn't in PoR. But yeah, I'm glad that Tellius has most of its females wear pants or leggings. I wish FE would go back to that...

I don't think you need to point that out. We've been around for a while and I've complained about that for about 5 years.

^^ Nephenee is a Rider? Never knew about Marcia i only saved the 10 art to save space. And every game has their up and downs, some of radiant dawns/path of radiance armour designs are quite simple and kinda boring to be honest. Which is perfectly fine in some ways. but it doesn't help when combined with 10s lack of supports. Only game where i didn't care enough about a character enough to restart the chapter when she died.

Edited by goodperson707

I hope there is mixed gender of class designs? I have only seen all male and female-only generic units in FE:A. Since gender locked classes doesn't seem to be a thing in the game, at least in Hoshido, it'd be weird to see all generic units to be male. (There is a female generic unit in the shop, but still.)

Where did you see a female generic unit in the shop? I never noticed that, but I haven't been watching things very closely. It would be interesting if the game had both male and female generic units for a change, outside of the (apparently no longer) gender-locked classes.

I thought so too. He kinda seemed like he had Kieran's personality, so I just automatically assumed he was a cavalier.

That might be the reason, yeah, more than his appearance. All heroes of justice should have a magnificent steed to carry them into battle, anyway.

I had a problem with that back then, too. What's particularly jarring about this game, though is that pegasus warriors are not gender-locked and the playable male pegasus warrior is sporting a pair of pants while the woman is not. IS, please give female mounted units pants …

Where did you see a female generic unit in the shop? I never noticed that, but I haven't been watching things very closely. It would be interesting if the game had both male and female generic units for a change, outside of the (apparently no longer) gender-locked classes.

That might be the reason, yeah, more than his appearance. All heroes of justice should have a magnificent steed to carry them into battle, anyway.

in the My Castle trailer i believe there was a little short peek but don't quote me on that lol. and the generic units for Sorcerers/Dark Mages is female (see the Japanese eShop screenshots) so that's nice

I don't think you need to point that out. We've been around for a while and I've complained about that for about 5 years.

Well I've actually got into debates on here and FE reddit with people complaining that, and I quote from Reddit "ever since Awakening, female riders don't wear pants anymore."