Picture from Famitsu's 27th of May showing. [New and Exclusive Characters!]

Rizziah

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding of the skill is that it's a debuff that lasts for the rest of the round, ie it won't matter if you don't double, nor will it allow other allies to take advantage of the debuff. But I could be wrong. The Javelin would be a good choice if the debuff lasts past the round.

They show the status screen of a knight before and after the debuff, so unless you can look at status mid-fight...

Edit:Actually scratch that, you can see a visual effect on the map after the fight.

Edited by Cysx

Im actually going to make a few more speculations:

Since we have the retainers for Elise, Ryouma, Takumi, and Sakura, Im going to guess that Camilla's servants will be the white haired thief, and the white haired mercenary, along with Nyx being one of Leon's (as stated as a possibility by someone else earlier).

I also believe that both white haired units (maybe siblings?) will be shown off in next week's issue, with Nyx, Leon's other servant (blue haired cavalier girl?), and Hinoka's retainers, alongside Tsubaki and Kazahana, to complete all of the royal's personal guards.

Anti-grinding Seal, it doesn't reset the level when you choose to change class AKA that one kind of class changing seal that the elitist would like. And I fucking hope this better be Nohr only, second seal for Hoshido plz.

Or at least hope the way Class Skills are earned is changed from "Reach Level X as Class Y" to "Gain N levels as Class Y".

Omg. Pseudo-shove, anyone??

It sounds more like pseudo-GBA!Rescue, if you ask me.

Lancers' skills seem to make them into either great frontliners and/or babysitters...

OH MY GOSH

I JUST GOT THE REFERENCE

HAROLD'S UNLUCKY

HAROLD THE UNFORTUNATE

KING HAROLD THE UNFORTUNATE

THAT'S WHO THEY WERE TRYING TO REFERENCE

That's pretty cool, pretty sure this guy's name won't change for localization.

They show the status screen of a knight beofre and after the debuff, so unless you can look at status mid-fight...

Edit:Actually scratch that, you can see a visual effect on the map after the fight.

Just responding to the general convo, but it looks like it works like this.

1. Enter battle and inflict damage (the first is a requirement and I assume >0 damage or a non-miss is required).

2. After the battle, Defence Seal triggers (you can see the icon).

3. The enemy now has 6 less Defence until the (beginning of the player's) next turn.

I can't be the only one who thinks that the name of Kamui's personal skill is funny, right? "Mysterious Charisma" is that really the best personality trait they could come up with? Mysterious? Not to mention the effect of the skill only comes into effect when Kamui becomes less mysterious. Unless supports with Kamui just revolve around them standing in the shadows mysteriously, not saying anything. It just seems unbelievably silly to me.

Harold...Harold...Harold...Harold...Nope still not used to that name. I'm going to have to get used to that one.

Rinka looks awesome.

Edited by Honey Bunny

It sounds more like pseudo-GBA!Rescue, if you ask me.

If you're referring to using the Substitute skill as a way to save an ally in a bad position, Shove can also do that (albeit not as flexibly as Rescue). The thing that first came to my mind personally was using Substitute as a way to effectively add +1 to an ally unit's movement, which GBA!Rescue can't do in a single action.

Just responding to the general convo, but it looks like it works like this.

1. Enter battle and inflict damage (the first is a requirement and I assume >0 damage or a non-miss is required).

2. After the battle, Defence Seal triggers (you can see the icon).

3. The enemy now has 6 less Defence until the (beginning of the player's) next turn.

So do you think it won't take affect until after the battle? That sounds like it could be abused.

Give Oboro a Javelin and have her pair up with a high defense unit. March her into a group of enemies and watch as wave after wave gets their defense lowered, ready to be slaughtered by the rest of your army.

Yeah stats debuffs are cool and all but I think they will be really useful for the enemy since the enemy outnumber you most of the time. They can use a soldier to debuff your tank first and finish him with another one. If done correctly with a good map design, the player couldn't tank as easily as before.

I can't be the only one who thinks that the name of Kamui's personal skill is funny, right? "Mysterious Charisma" is that really the best personality trait they could come up with? Mysterious? Not to mention the effect of the skill only comes into effect when Kamui becomes less mysterious. Unless supports with Kamui just revolve around them standing in the shadows mysteriously, not saying anything. It just seems unbelievably silly to me.

Harold...Harold...Harold...Harold...Nope still not used to that name. I'm going to have to get used to that one.

Rinka looks awesome.

It's meant to be read together, I believe. As in he's unnaturally charismatic. Like Robin I guess XD

EDIT

So do you think it won't take affect until after the battle? That sounds like it could be abused.

Give Oboro a Javelin and have her pair up with a high defense unit. March her into a group of enemies and watch as wave after wave gets their defense lowered, ready to be slaughtered by the rest of your army.

Maybe it's Player Phase only like Galefore, Lifetaker and Despoil? The icon appearing on the map reminds me of those aforementioned skills.

Edited by VincentASM

It's meant to be read together, I believe. As in he's unnaturally charismatic. Like Robin I guess XD

I don't know if that's better or worse. It's going to be hard to take Kamui seriously with all that charisma of his. Still hopelessly bland though.

Is Dragon's Vein technically a skill given Substitute can be activated?

Nah, there are other commands like Convoy, Guard Stance, which aren't skills.

I guess you could classify them as inherent abilities or something (the first belongs to Convoy and the other to everybody).

Yeah stats debuffs are cool and all but I think they will be really useful for the enemy since the enemy outnumber you most of the time. They can use a soldier to debuff your tank first and finish him with another one. If done correctly with a good map design, the player couldn't tank as easily as before.

It not an well done map if you can't fight back, plus I doubt the AL will optimize their army well with the debuffing skills and weapons to take the full advantage as thoroughly as a player will.

P.S I had found the new "optimization" of our new FE game. Or is "META" a better word for it? Since it will be about debuffing and stuffs.

Edited by Awakener_

Elitist, elitist, uh...

I'm confused, because i have a hard time imagining them doing that, especially for just one version. Same with the skills. But it seems like a step in the right direction I guess.

Kamui is a dragon, so maybe it's because of that, that he is charismatic.

If in the end, he is as charismatic as Naruto or Robin, feel free to laugh. :p

Edited by B.Leu

When at half HP or lower, damage received by swords, lances and axes is halved.When unit’s Level is lower than the enemy’s (promoted units count as Level +20), damage increases by 4

When unit’s Level is lower than the enemy’s (promoted units count as Level +20), damage increases by 4

Calling it now:

Samurai is Hoshido's version of Knight, meaning that Hinata's going to be super fucking tanky along with her skill

Tsukuyomi will be faced at the very end of the game and he will be Level 19

And both of them will be moving bosses.

Wow all the characters look awesome! Takumi's subordinates are my faves in this scan. I can sense the rivalry between Takumi and Hinata.

Hinata's a boy, at least that's what I think.

Elitist, elitist, uh...

I'm confused, because i have a hard time imagining them doing that, especially for just one version. Same with the skills. But it seems like a step in the right direction I guess.

Kamui is a dragon, so maybe it's because of that, that he is charismatic.

If in the end, he is as charismatic as Naruto or Robin, feel free to laugh. :p

If Kamui's charisma comes from their draconic nature then name it Draconic Charisma. That at least has some personality to it. Mysterious Charisma has no personality to it. It just makes me think of utterly generic anime hero, and that is never a good thing.

Regarding locked personal skills. I wonder what are the chances we'll get a Slaking or Regigigas type unit with ridiculous stats but massively gimped by their personal skill in some way. Would that even work in a game like Fire Emblem?

Calling it now:

Samurai is Hoshido's version of Knight, meaning that Hinata's going to be super fucking tanky along with her skill

Tsukuyomi will be faced at the very end of the game and he will be Level 19

And both of them will be moving bosses.

Hinata's ability is a personal skill so it's not something all samurai get, and as far as we know, samurai are just renamed myrmidons so they aren't particularly tanky. Also, it's a dude.

I wouldn't really describe Tsukuyomi's ability as very intimidating either. Plus 4 damage isn't nearly as scary as an enemy with Luna or some other proc skill.

If Kamui's charisma comes from their draconic nature then name it Draconic Charisma. That at least has some personality to it. Mysterious Charisma has no personality to it. It just makes me think of utterly generic anime hero, and that is never a good thing.

Maybe they want to use his draconic heritage as a plot-twist in the game or something.

I agree with you though, it's kinda lame.

Edited by B.Leu