Picture from Famitsu's 27th of May showing. [New and Exclusive Characters!]

Rizziah

Maybe stats won't be as inflated as they were in Awakening either. Max Str in the GBA games was 30 and only a handful of units even had access to that cap (and most that had access wouldn't hit it anyway).

I wouldn't mind Jugdrals caps, be they high 20's or just Thracia's All 20's caps. :P

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it won't as bad as Awakening, and like I said, it's a step in the right direction, but it still seems bad. :/

I got the impressions that most personal skills will become useless in later chapters. I mean, -3 Strength against a unit with 50 Strength, it just don't work. Maybe those skills evolve or something ?

Well without second seals I doubt we will see the absurd stats in Awakening. Without reclassing a 20/20 Chrom has 35 strength with a 60% growth and a +4Str on promotion (if my calculations are correct). -3 is still ~10%.

I was actually reffering to the same image as him, but there's indeed that other one.

Interesting tidbit, I'm pretty sure that this:

QuTbw9N.jpg

Is the same place as this:

sFYOKML.jpg

... but in one of them you're fighting Ryouma, while in the other you're on Hoshido's side, and your enemies are Myrmidons/Samurais apparently. This isn't chapter six from Hoshido either, it's similar but still clearly different.

Quite interesting! We may have to face off with some Nohr/Hoshido characters when we make our first choice. They will probably retreat though.

Rinka has hella abs and is an inspiration in life.

Also she's voiced by Yui Ishikawa, whose most notable role is Mikasa. I could do some digging on the VAs with Kanji names later, but I can't read kana very well so someone else will have to do that.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I definitely hope stats won't be inflated this time. Radiant Dawn tried 40 and Awakening tried 50 and beyond, and things went out of hand quickly. Just stick with 30 like always.

You know the first screenshot that we ever saw of Kamui's stat screen? 18 strength. Shame they're going that way again.

Uh I didn't thought about that. If the caps are 30, the skills might still be viable, and since IS seems to want to improve their image..

Hm, will they really lower the cap that much though ?

EDIT:

You know the first screenshot that we ever saw of Kamui's stat screen? 18 strength. Shame they're going that way again.

If I may ask, what was Kamui's level ? Could you also show me the screeshot please ? If it's not too annoying to find.

Edited by B.Leu

Eh, I'm pretty sure there's going to be some kind of inflation. If we just had two tiers with no second seal equivalent they wouldn't even need that skill choice screen with many slots for unused skills. Each character would end up with at best 5 skills (4 class ones, one unique).

The Nohr campaign won't have many options to get experience outside of the main story so unless there is a grind-fest, post game content, I don't think they will need inflated stats.

If there was any doubt before, Oboro is getting my Brave Lance.

Edit:

I'll be giving Oboro my Javelin personally.

The two of you mean Miniature Lance, right? :P:

I'll do you one better and say that all bosses will have a skill that negates stat lowering, at least on hard mode.

Perhaps that'll be an innate quality of thrones?

Reclassing is dumb, it sould not exist, it should never had existed. Rage moment assumed.

Banned, check my favorite game :P:

Maybe stats won't be as inflated as they were in Awakening either. Max Str in the GBA games was 30 and only a handful of units even had access to that cap (and most that had access wouldn't hit it anyway).

I wouldn't mind, this, either. As long as the caps make sense, and aren't based on gender.

---

With the clearer scans, and seiyuus revealed, I'm pretty sure Oboro is a chick (as if boob armor wasn't enough). You can hear clips of her songs by going to her official site and clicking disco.

Likewise, I'm pretty sure Hinata's a dude, even if his seiyuu gets cast as a boy (think Yukio Hans Vorarlberna from Bleach).

Quite interesting! We may have to face off with some Nohr/Hoshido characters when we make our first choice. They will probably retreat though.

But that doesn't add up. If that's the Nohr decision chapter, why are you there with the Hoshido? And why would you come back there afterwards...?

Maybe it's simply a skirmish. Kinda wish we could see that myrmidon's affiliation...

Edit: Also about stats inflation, considering how they're putting fixed statistical bonuses/maluses everywhere, surely they can't not realize that 40+ caps will make it all completely irrelevant... so hopefully it's not happening.

Edited by Cysx

Uh I didn't thought about that. If the caps are 30, the skills might still be viable, and since IS seems to want to improve their image..

Hm, will they really lower the cap that much though ?

EDIT:

If I may ask, what was Kamui's level ? Could you also show me the screeshot please ? If it's not too annoying to find.

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/april-2015-nintendo-direct/nohr5.jpg

Level 11. Yeeeaaah....

But that doesn't add up. If that's the Nohr decision chapter, why are you there with the Hoshido? And why would you come back there afterwards...?

Maybe it's simply a skirmish. Kinda wish we could see that myrmidon's affiliation...

Edit: Also about stats inflation, considering how they're putting fixed statistical bonuses/maluses everywhere, surely they can't not realize that 40+ caps will make it all completely irrelevant... so hopefully it's not happening.

It might just be a skirmish, but also recall in the trailer the choice seemed to have you face off with Ryouma or Marx.

Could be a strength blessing.

The two of you mean Miniature Lance, right? :P:

Perhaps that'll be an innate quality of thrones?

Banned, check my favorite game :P:

I wouldn't mind, this, either. As long as the caps make sense, and aren't based on gender.

---

With the clearer scans, and seiyuus revealed, I'm pretty sure Oboro is a chick (as if boob armor wasn't enough). You can hear clips of her songs by going to her official site and clicking disco.

Likewise, I'm pretty sure Hinata's a dude, even if his seiyuu gets cast as a boy (think Yukio Hans Vorarlberna from Bleach).

Oboro has the same VA as Felicia.

Rinka having Mikasa's VA is really great.

Edited by Tamanoir

Shadow Dragon doesn't count, since you could legitimately and perfectly ignore this feature, feature that despite the limitations forced was well implemented. Well, I say that, but I never used it, I always though it was more for the expert to use, because, you need a certain experience and knowledge to temper with it correctly. Finally, there was no skill to grind for hours.

What do you mean, you were kidding ? :p

Thank you ! And sorry for the inconvenience.

Level 11, holy crap. Well, it's probably a beta screen ? After all, Kamui have a skill that he don't have anymore in more recent screen ?...

Let's be optimistic. That's the Nohr route, right? And most Nohr units are pre-promotes. What's to say that isn't the case with Kamui?

That's the shot that first said Kamui was a "Dark Prince", which was confirmed as his base class in Famitsu later on. Though, as Jedi said, it could just be one hell of a strength blessing (but that raises questions about the non-buffed stat with 13... is that magic?).

Edited by Leon of Nohr

I just want to point out that due to the ambiguity of L/R in Japanese, Cyrus might actually be Silas. Or maybe they'll give him a completely different name altogether, as they often do.

That's the shot that first said Kamui was a "Dark Prince", which was confirmed as his base class in Famitsu later on. Though, as Jedi said, it could just be one hell of a strength blessing (but that raises questions about the non-buffed stat with 13... is that magic?).

It's skill.

Fair enough. Anyhow, yeah that's really high. My only hope is their keeping it high so it can be punished by the new weapon system, but even there it undermines the purpose of the system in the first place. Bizarre. I'm glad they're limiting grinding, but this seems too high.

Either way it's really fucking high for Level 11 if we're going by older games.

Which probs means it's still using Awakening caps

Ayra Swordfighter 4 32 11 0 16 17 3 7 1

This is a level 4 character from FE4, the stats aren't really that insane for FE standards :P

Edited by Jedi

Which probs means it's still using Awakening caps

Not necessarily; if it's 20 unpromoted 20 promoted without second seals literally nobody would every reach those caps-even my super blessed Sully in L mode needed 20/20/12 to cap most important stats; I can see GBA or FE4 just with more people actually capping things (capping multiple stats were actually pretty rare in GBA) or at the highest, RD, unless there's some way to actually level reset

I really can't see awakening-tier caps returning with no level resetting feature unless the growths are like, maybe 70% on average at least