Nintendo Direct 31st May: Possible FE if info?

VincentASM

In regards to Luna (AKA totally not Severa), I'm starting to think she's actually just a heavily modified Avatar or an Einherjar because her cape on the sprite is green, like all other "Guest" characters, despite there being no visible green on her portrait.

Alternatively she might just be a random NPC like the merchant Annas in Awakening.

EDIT: In retrospect, it seems that there are other characters that we know you can recruit that show up as green, Nyx being one of them, but it's still possible that those are from other games as at least Nyx is a Nohr only character.

Edited by Espella

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noted, I though it had been specifically said like that.

I still think that there is no room to complain about the My Castle feature on the grounds that it is a world map. Even if they had said that there would none (which now has been made clear to me that it was never said) ; this feature cannot be considered a world map unless this acts as a hub for the entire game and this is how you access each chapter.

In regards to Luna (AKA totally not Severa), I'm starting to think she's actually just a heavily modified Avatar or an Einherjar because her cape on the sprite is green, like all other "Guest" characters, despite there being no visible green on her portrait.

Alternatively she might just be a random NPC like the merchant Annas in Awakening.

EDIT: In retrospect, it seems that there are other characters that we know you can recruit that show up as green, Nyx being one of them, but it's still possible that those are from other games as at least Nyx is a Nohr only character.

She's green because that segment was visiting another Kamui's castle, rather than being the Luna of the player Kamui's army.

Edit:

Do we have any clue what Benoit's description says? I wasn't sure what thread to ask in, and here seemed best.

https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2015/05/31/fire-emblem-if-website-character-profile-translations-ongoing/ Edited by egobarrier

I just noticed that there's only one VA listed for each gender of Kamui. Hopefully we get more options or the VAs do multiple ones.

Edited by Magician Lugh

She's green because that segment was visiting another Kamui's castle, rather than being the Luna of the player Kamui's army.

Edit:

https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2015/05/31/fire-emblem-if-website-character-profile-translations-ongoing/

Ah, good point.

Although honestly I'd rather that it was an avatar because that would mean a lot more customization than last time...

I just noticed that there's only one VA listed for each gender. Hopefully we get more options or the VAs do multiple ones.

They had less VA's doing voices in the Japanese version of Awakening. Male Robin had 2 VA's while Female Robin only had 1.

Edit:

https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2015/05/31/fire-emblem-if-website-character-profile-translations-ongoing/

Thanks Ego. I knew Benoit was going to be a sweet man, I don't know how I knew it, but I did! Actually no, I do know, it's his face: it looks both concerned and annoyed to me.

I find it ironic that Rinka is referred to as an aloof flame when she appears to be kuudere.

I just noticed that there's only one VA listed for each gender. Hopefully we get more options or the VAs do multiple ones.

I personally wouldn't mind one voice per gender. It would allow for more voiced lines, and we still get plenty of customization otherwise.

They had less VA's doing voices in the Japanese version of Awakening. Male Robin had 2 VA's while Female Robin only had 1.

It's funny, because, TBH, the Japanese voices still feel like they had more variation.

(And, IIRC, the lady who did fem Robin also did one of the male voice options)

Sorry, I forgot to mention Kamui.

Huh. I didn't know that. I'm not sure what you meant in bold. Are you saying that one of the VAs voiced 2 of the 3 options for male Robin and one VA voiced all of female Robin's voices in the Japanese version?

Huh. I didn't know that. I'm not sure what you meant in bold. Are you saying that one of the VAs voiced 2 of the 3 options for male Robin and one VA voiced all of female Robin's voices in the Japanese version?

Yes, all the female voice options in Awakening were done by one lady.

I think both Robins had like 5 options and then a silent option or something like that.

I don't know. It's hard to tell honestly. The English version made it feel simpler to tell in my opinion.

Female Robin is voiced entirely by Sawashiro Miyuki (also Female Morgan).

Male Robin has a silent option, Hosoya Yoshimasa (also Male Morgan), Oukawa Touru, and Sawashiro Miyuki again.

Altogether, there were three voice actors.

Sawashiro Miyuki will even be returning as Camilla in If, by the way, so if you've seen the second trailer or checked the vocal clips on the main site, you'd be able to get a very small glimpse of her work. She's pretty versatile.

I wonder how many otakus will be disappointed that fire emblem if isn't a dating sim with animal crossing elements thrown in. Seriously,I could show the 9 minute video with Joker and Felicia to anyone and dating sim would be one of the things brought up. Now look, I'm all for the my castle being like awakening with premade shops opening up after beating chapters but the way that IS is showing off fire emblem if is imo really misleading. Furthermore, I hope that the my castle on the nohr side is only online only because I remember IS stating that the Nohr side would have no world map yet hoshido would and my castle is a world map.

My Castle isn't a world map, its a hub with a few rooms in it, and apparently you don't get any exp for battles on the Nohr side.

Thanks to all that have replied.

Damn, Sawashiro Miyuki sure has range. That list of credits sure is impressive. I wouldn't have able to tell that both voice clips were for Camilla had it not been listed under her name.

If anyone cares, I made a sheet with all the weapon stats I could see from the direct. Some names could be off but I tried to fill in whatever I didn't know with the info from the Something Awful FE thread.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jbavV22V0Jpbix0zqAri8lp5LDJpBO02X8fjSmjTUGE

Reverse Katana: Rank C Mt: 8 Doubles Mt when Counterattacking

Jesus christ, imagine forging that thing and getting it up to like, 16 MT or something.

You could practically just put Ryouma in a spot where every nearby enemy can attack him, replace his dick with this sword and watch as enemies jump to their doom.

If Hoshido's Knight Variant can use swords too then every enemy in the Hoshido version is officially fucked.

So we're getting both a world map and the my castle? As long as you can't grind in the my castle on the nohr side I don't mind.

We haven't seen a world map, but we have seen a menu used in Hoshido to select an area to do a battle, and you have to pay gold to be able to. So it looks like you won't be able to move on the world map in either version.

Jesus christ, imagine forging that thing and getting it up to like, 16 MT or something.

You could practically just put Ryouma in a spot where every nearby enemy can attack him, replace his dick with this sword and watch as enemies jump to their doom.

If Hoshido's Knight Variant can use swords too then every enemy in the Hoshido version is officially fucked.

I have my doubts about forging in a game with no durability. (Unless the direct confirmed it and I didn't see it).

I have my doubts about forging in a game with no durability. (Unless the direct confirmed it and I didn't see it).

Good point.

If you can forge though, Reverse Katana's going to break the game I presume.

If forging is in the game I can see it being very expensive and eventually the forge bonuses disappear after x amount of uses (somehow)

I don't see them doing anything other than that with infinite duravbility

It's the Warrior's Katana, actually, you read one slot down for it.

And it gives -20 evade, so you do more damage on counterattack, but you're getting hit almost guaranteed, it seems.

Edited by Sophie