Nintendo Direct 31st May: Possible FE if info?

VincentASM

Forging might involve all those gems that you see scattered around the Direct.

Also, it costs food and gems (not money) to buy those accessories to change the characters' appearances.

Edited by Sky Soldier

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point.

If you can forge though, Reverse Katana's going to break the game I presume.

Possibly! We won't know till we see it haha.

Also ^ maybe! Warriors Orochi used a gem system for its weapons it wouldn't be out of left field for FE to do so.

Edited by Jedi

if it goes by awakening forges 28 might (with a possible 30 on the mace) hmmm? That seems fun? But still it doesn't help your survivability much if you could already kill them with a sliver weapon already.

I am assuming there is a mace. But since we have katana and a nagatina.... We probaly will have one.

Edited by goodperson707

Forging might involve all those gems that you see scattered around the Direct.

Granted I never really forged during the main story since I'm stingy but this sounds annoying if they do decide to go that route. I feel like getting gems might require real time lapse and that is not fun.

So when are we getting the translated trailer and the translated felicia and joker part?

I believe ShadowofChaos is working on a translation of the Felicia and Joker video.

Man there's so much information coming and being translated it's getting hard to keep track of. I have to wade through so many posts on so many things, and the fandom is going crazy (admittedly it is easy to avoid a lot of the problem posts on any forum. Phrases like "well I guess the ____ whiners got what they wanted" and "Now I consider myself an impartial observer" and "here's whats ruining Fire emblem" are all indicatrs that the person saying them has absolutely nothing worthwhile to add and their post can be skipped with no loss.)

Can't wait for a just the bare facts translation to come out. I've seen summaries but I don't wanna miss the details.

Edited by Eveangaline

So far I'm seeing Silver, Reaver, and Warrior weapons as the best.

Silver weapons still looking like the best basic melee weapons to use. Even with the -2 STR debuff it still gives you more damage than Steel or Iron, especially if you're double attacking anyway.

Yeah, I'm seeing no reason to ever not equip a Silver weapon. Even with the str debuff (which comes in after attacking and recovers on your turn), it's still going to do more damage than the nearest standard melee option.

Has it been confirmed if the defuffs stack?

Once you get one though, I think you can get another through the arena if what i heard is correct.

Damn, I forgot about the arena already. I think that the rocks where you get the gems are dedicated to them and the arena gives more things but include the gems. I hope you can choose what you want as a reward before you fight so you don't have to keep fighting until you get what you want.

I know everyone is throwing around "feels like havest moon/rune factory/persona/pokemon-amie/animal crossing"

but honestly this castle thing feels WAY more like a Suikoden game to me, especially Suikoden II. And I dig that.

Still wonder where blue-maid went to. She's in a few of the pics and the Nohr boxart but nowhere else. Almost feels like she's supposed to be Aqua in disguise until some reveal, but I might be off track.

I know everyone is throwing around "feels like havest moon/rune factory/persona/pokemon-amie/animal crossing"

but honestly this castle thing feels WAY more like a Suikoden game to me, especially Suikoden II. And I dig that.

Still wonder where blue-maid went to. She's in a few of the pics and the Nohr boxart but nowhere else. Almost feels like she's supposed to be Aqua in disguise until some reveal, but I might be off track.

Blue Maid has been in almost every trailer, shown during both hoshido and nohr side gameplay. I just went back and watched the first and second trailers after somebody mentioned Hoshido doesn't seem to have any horses and noticed her map sprite (blue hair, maid hairband thing).

Haven't heard anything about that. If it does, that just further emphasizes Warrior weapons being the best (and dodge tanks taking a considerable nerf).

Damn, I forgot about the arena already. I think that the rocks where you get the gems are dedicated to them and the arena gives more things but include the gems. I hope you can choose what you want as a reward before you fight so you don't have to keep fighting until you get what you want.

from what i heard you wager your own items and you get more of that item if you win.

I thought of Suikoden when they were showing off the castle, too. I would absolutely love for it to turn into something like that. I doubt it'll have as much depth as Suikoden II's castle, but it'd be fantastic if it did. I'm all for more ways to interact with the characters.

Edited by Sir Frederick

Blue Maid has been in almost every trailer, shown during both hoshido and nohr side gameplay. I just went back and watched the first and second trailers after somebody mentioned Hoshido doesn't seem to have any horses and noticed her map sprite (blue hair, maid hairband thing).

Mind posting a screenshot? There's a good chance you're mistaken though. I can think of a blue cavalier with a headband, but that's not the maid and she doesn't appear in Hoshido as far as I know.

Mind posting a screenshot? There's a good chance you're mistaken though. I can think of a blue cavalier with a headband, but that's not the maid and she doesn't appear in Hoshido as far as I know.

I think he's talking about this girl here. I don't think she's the maid though.

rKQwoSU.jpg

Is there really an arena though? I thought it was said that there was something similar to an arena, not arenas themselves being confirmed? It could just reference those streetpass battles and castles. Maybe we'll have bonus teams again to stand in for other players and their castles if there's no streetpass team available.

Edited by NeonZ

Granted I never really forged during the main story since I'm stingy but this sounds annoying if they do decide to go that route. I feel like getting gems might require real time lapse and that is not fun.

Well, also farm in the arena in chapter 5(?) on sacred stone required a lot of time, but crap, you could have more then 5 unit at level 20, and something like 50k gold at the end of the chapter, also the same for a secret chapter in blazing sword, but it was later in the story, but at least there was a risk, if you lost you had to restart (excluding quick saves from virtual console/emulator).

Now with casual mode, or phoenix mode, how does arena work, if is not in a chapter's map, you go in? pay the ticket for the entrance, if you win yay, if you lose you don't care 'cause the unit can fight again, and again, again ecc

It's pointless if you get xp and gold from this, even if the reward is only a gem, that you can use for open a shop or unlock items, if you have enough cash, and a way to farm (Hoshido.), all you have to do is just try, and try, and try, and try, oh wait i have no money, farm, try, try, ecc.

This seems pretty pointless, with casual mode and phoenix, just put the thing and tell me the prize, instead of put it as a reward for the arena.

Edited by Xem

I think it's just because it's steamy

And I mean that literally, not sexually, although we still don't know if Kamui swings that way so

Since is an SRPG, if you are not considering the S, you are the "maker" of your character, you can decide if he/she is male, female, the way he/she think, the things he/she hates/love, and also his/her way to love man or woman even if they have the same gender, i guess

So we're getting both a world map and the my castle? As long as you can't grind in the my castle on the nohr side I don't mind.

I think in Nohr side you won't get money and xp as rewards, even in the arena, definitely they have a lot of ways to make the Nohr side without grinding source / farming spot, maybe there'll be some arena inside the chapter where you can get some money, but, always to prevent grinding, in a chapter with turn limits.

And untile the game comes out, we can't be sure of anything, even the names we are using for the characters

Edited by Xem

Haven't heard anything about that. If it does, that just further emphasizes Warrior weapons being the best (and dodge tanks taking a considerable nerf).

I hope the debuffs on the unit using them is a once per turn thing or else being surrounded by enemies will be even harder to break through.

Is there really an arena though? I thought it was said that there was something similar to an arena, not arenas themselves being confirmed?

It certainly looks like one to me. According to Fire Emblem Wikia, previous games called 闘技場 the arena and it's the same characters as the ones used in the trailer. You can compare it to the image here on a SF user by the name of sforzur's tumblr page. Scroll down to the part that says "Arena".

Now with casual mode, or phoenix mode, how does arena work, if is not in a chapter's map, you go in? pay the ticket for the entrance, if you win yay, if you lose you don't care 'cause the unit can fight again, and again, again ecc

I think the arena will be a part of My Castle. I don't think characters die in the arena in this game. From what sforzur has translated, losing a fight means losing what you wagered but it doesn't say anything about a character permanently dying.

Edited by Magician Lugh