inigo look alike revealed kinda

XialonWind

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look on jp 3ds eshop he's there with blue hair cavalier (in case some didn't see) that makes 2 look alikes.

Is there anyway you can take a screenshot? If not, don't worry about it. I'm curious to see what that Inigo clone looks like, especially with the existence of Luna.

Oh jesus. They're using the same character designer as fe:a, right? They should've gotten someone else, what with these 2 lookalikes. Luna is really jarring and too much like Severa, and now this boy.. At least he doesn't look too much like Inigo, I guess?

Oh jesus. They're using the same character designer as fe:a, right? They should've gotten someone else, what with these 2 lookalikes. Luna is really jarring and too much like Severa, and now this boy.. At least he doesn't look too much like Inigo, I guess?

The team unanimously wanted to bring him back, as stated in the full version of the famitsu interview. They also weren't sure if they could find someone else to do 60 or so characters in time.

The team unanimously wanted to bring him back, as stated in the full version of the famitsu interview. They also weren't sure if they could find someone else to do 60 or so characters in time.

I guess meeting that quota is hard, but I'm not sure if they'll want to use him again after this. How did Luna even get approved? I loved Severa and every time I draw her (save for the one blue haired!severa = hatsune miku ?! joke i made) I use Coredlia's hair color; I'm sure most every other artist does too, so people would undoubtedly make the connection.

At this point I'd rather take the fact that they're the Awakening characters we know who just changed their names for anonymity, it would be better than the fact that Kozaki would be willing to flat out recycle character designs...

What is the problem with the look alike, they look like the characters from awakening, do you really think they would approve making a lookalike for laziness purposes? If they did they would't put them in the same fucking class now would they i guess you could hide the laziness behind a reference but is it that worth it. it most likely a reference to the characters that was already hinted at nothing more, or there is plot going on either way i doubt laziness is the culprit. Geez the designers and artists are so lazy using Anna in nearly every game.

Edited by goodperson707

At this point I'd rather take the fact that they're the Awakening characters we know who just changed their names for anonymity, it would be better than the fact that Kozaki would be willing to flat out recycle character designs...

They've done it before, really, usually with "this is AU such and such" as an explanation like in FE2 where it couldn't have possibly all been the same characters. I've also seen decently compelling arguments about FE6 mugs just being re-imaginings of FE1/3 mugs.

I don't really mind it if it's only three characters out of 30 or however many there will be.

I guess meeting that quota is hard, but I'm not sure if they'll want to use him again after this. How did Luna even get approved? I loved Severa and every time I draw her (save for the one blue haired!severa = hatsune miku ?! joke i made) I use Coredlia's hair color; I'm sure most every other artist does too, so people would undoubtedly make the connection.

I'm thinking it was intentional to be one of those "surprises" for Awakening fans they mentioned.

I'm still holding on to the hope that it's actually a heavily customized avatar, despite how irrational that hope is.

I'm starting to think this game must take place in the same world as Shadow Dragon / Gaiden / Thracia / Awakening etc, just on a different continent. Luna and this guy could be the versions of their characters born into the world that was saved in Awakening. They were given new names to differentiate them with their adult versions who traveled back in the timeline and remained there. Then they grew up and traveled to the If continent.

I know the runes used in magic and such are different, but maybe that can be explained by location difference. This is the best way I can grapple with the presence of these characters.

Edited by Lynsanity

I'm thinking it was intentional to be one of those "surprises" for Awakening fans they mentioned.

I'm still holding on to the hope that it's actually a heavily customized avatar, despite how irrational that hope is.

Possibly! But probably not. Luna is being talked to by Kamui, and isn't even in the streetpass area. Plus she has a different pose than f!Kamui.

They've done it before, really, usually with "this is AU such and such" as an explanation like in FE2 where it couldn't have possibly all been the same characters. I've also seen decently compelling arguments about FE6 mugs just being re-imaginings of FE1/3 mugs.

I don't really mind it if it's only three characters out of 30 or however many there will be.

I wouldn't mind this idea, actually. AUs are cool! And I think I agree with you about the last bit. I guess as long as its only these two, I'm okay.

His hairstyle on the model is very reminiscent of Inigo, at least from the backside view, but the portrait doesn't really show that. Really though, I actually hope he doesn't look like Inigo as much as Luna looks like Severa.

What's next? A samurai with a twitching hand? Hinoka's bodyguard being a psychopath with pigtails? A broody, antisocial revenant knight?

EDIT: I know this post sounds bitter but it's just a joke.

Edited by Belmont

I feel like you guys are overreacting here. I think it's kind of neat they have returning characters, or at least sirt of 'spiritual successors'. I think the point is that they are carbon copies. I'm not sure they did with laziness as an intention, but more of a call-back. I mean, Smash bros brings back stages from old games, but there's more to that than just padding out the stage list, there's also some nostalgia to be had. Same applies here.