inigo look alike revealed kinda

XialonWind

What's next? A samurai with a twitching hand? Hinoka's bodyguard being a psychopath with pigtails? A broody, antisocial revenant knight?

Probably just the first one as that follows the poll/dlc. I still don't get what the big deal is. Omg they add a reference that reuses a design. boo? Its only 2 so far, and Anna was in nearly every game anyway. Edited by goodperson707

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went on the eshop myself, also have a dark mage generic portrait.

TNM23qS.jpg

Their head piece looks very similar to ancient western style clothes that were influenced by the Ottoman Empire. Very interesting.

Edited by Leif

People complaining about this weren't complaining Tiki was back in Awakening. Thats for sure , or that Camus was in Gaiden.

Oh wow, it really happened. I mean, I mostly expected it after not-Severa, but it's still funny to see. I wonder if there's an in-universe (in-multiverse?) explanation behind these clearly-intentional cameos/callbacks or if it's just going to be "Bummed that petting wasn't in Awakening? It's okay, you can pet your favorite characters in If!"

Bravo IS, you silly fools.

E: In case my tone isn't clear, I have no problem with this. I liked Inigo and Severa, and have no issues with throwbacks provided it's not a third of the cast or something. I just think it's funny.

Edited by egobarrier

People complaining about this weren't complaining Tiki was back in Awakening. Thats for sure , or that Camus was in Gaiden.

It's called "age-acquired cynicism". It happens to everyone.

It's called "age-acquired cynicism". It happens to everyone.

what is called "age acquired cynicism" disliking the characters for looking/being the same or realizing that people dislike the characters for questionable reasons and that they didn't complain about it before? Cause the latter seems to fit better to me. Edited by goodperson707

I would imagine that a lot of people aren't familiar with the Famicom games.

Yeeeeaah, I'm really starting to wish there'd been a different character designer.

Because there's returning characters in this game? What does that have to do with Kozaki?

This isn't a case of unoriginal design, they're intentionally the same. I don't know if Kozaki's calling the shots of what characters appear in the game or not.

what is called "age acquired cynicism" disliking the characters for looking/being the same or realizing that people dislike the characters for questionable reasons and that they didn't complain about it before? Cause the latter seems to fit better to me.

You get more sour as you get older.

Is it really that bad that not!Severa and not!Inigo are in this game? Going by Luna's design at least, they are clearly cameos / throwbacks to popular Awakening characters and not "lazy recycled designs that look waaaay too similar to insert Awakening character here". Why do people care so much?

I would imagine that a lot of people aren't familiar with the Famicom games.

Well i would imagine that people would use the site the forum they are a member of is based in. But that might be too much to ask i guess

But ya i guess i can't blame them.

Edited by goodperson707

I like characters returning if it makes sense. But new characters who look too similar to previous ones can get annoying.

Tiki fit in Awakening because Awakening was specifically doing callbacks to Marth's games. Inigo and Severa being in FE14 just feels lazy and random to me. Unless we're doing a 'lolallworldsareconnectedthroughtheoutrealmgatewhoknowswhatscanonanymore" thing for Hoshido/Nohr, these characters have no reason to be here.

Looks like possible Outrealms shenanigans. I wish i could care about this. Wait...no i dont. Honestly, these characters are likely just spotpass funzies or something that doesnt have to do with the main game.

Meh, I don't really mind Luna and not Inigo, just because I liked their designs. Although at least Luna dresses very differently than Severa does. Not Inigo looks almost like a copy and paste.

Edited by Monado Boy

Anna has appeared in every title besides Gaiden, in some capacity. So no, not like Anna at all.

Uh so Anna just randomly appeared in 4 as a totally "iconic character" who was in 2 whole games that were sequels of each other? What was the point of that huh?. You don't become a staple with out appearing in a game more than once. Does the fact that Anna's game got a sequel really make her that much better cross-game material? Yes she was never a full character at first but that is a matter of what they do with the cameo not whether it exists. And still haven't heard a reason for why Zeke was okay (who was a full character)

Edited by goodperson707

Where are all the people supposedly overreacting? I'm just seeing the occasional disappointed post like mine, and that's more because I thought this was a new world (IS said it was) so it feels forced. I wouldn't like Tellius characters randomly being in it either even though those are my favourite games.

Where are all the people supposedly overreacting? I'm just seeing the occasional disappointed post like mine, and that's more because I thought this was a new world (IS said it was) so it feels forced. I wouldn't like Tellius characters randomly being in it either even though those are my favourite games.

Tellius had an Archanean character in it, so this isn't unprecedented in any way.