inigo look alike revealed kinda

XialonWind

We already have Aqua aka Not Ninian so I don't know why it is such a big deal that we have a Not Severa and a Not Inigo. I personally liked Inigo and Severa a lot and they are probably the kids I use the most, so if Luna and NI are good units I will use them. Though I am bummed we probably won't get a Not Gerome and a Not Kjelle to pair up with NI and Luna.

Though I do agree that we shouldn't have a majority of the cast be references to past games, but at the moment it is what 3-4 out of the like 20-30 characters we have seen so far.

Thanks for saving me time pointing out not!Ninian.

They are calling back to multiple worlds here people, not just awakening. We have music call backs to Elbe and Jugdral in the trailer. Not!Ninian,Not!Severa, and Not!Inigo as reused character designs.

Do i care, no. Will I ever start calling Not!Ninian Aqua, no.

For crying out loud, they had to design characters for 3 different games counting the 3rd route, so some rehashing is to be expected

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, Aqua doesn't look like Ninian that much, you can very easily differentiate them. While Luna look just like Severa.

Edited by B.Leu

We already have Aqua aka Not Ninian so I don't know why it is such a big deal that we have a Not Severa and a Not Inigo.

I think people really play up the not!Ninian stuff. Their physical similarities are actually pretty minimal. Aqua has longer hair covering her face, a head-dress, leggings, a completely different dress, uses a lance and has a stern, determined expression. But she's a dancer and has blue hair so they must be the same, right? Just like Marth and Ike are the same, being blue haired sword users.

I think people really play up the not!Ninian stuff. Their physical similarities are actually pretty minimal. Aqua has longer hair covering her face, a head-dress, leggings, a completely different dress, uses a lance and has a stern, determined expression. But she's a dancer and has blue hair so they must be the same, right? Just like Marth and Ike are the same, being blue haired sword users.

It is mainly that they are both part-dragon, their dancing/singing is stated to be an extremely special power, and they are both most likely the daughter of the antagonist.

It is mainly that they are both part-dragon, their dancing/singing is stated to be an extremely special power, and they are both most likely the daughter of the antagonist.

People only knew about the second part when they first started comparing her to Ninian; it was mostly due to the mystical dancing, somber expression, and her color scheme

Edited by Bovinian

People were calling her not!Ninian before they knew about who Aqua was related to or that she had dragon powers.

Ninian and Aqua have some thematic similarities, but they aren't literal copies of one another as it is with Severa and not!Severa. Beyond appearance, Aqua and Ninian likely have a very different role in the game as well as personality. I mean, it's possible that not!Severa will have a different personality but if she did, why not just make a brand new character? Like I said before, Awakening exists for people who liked Awakening characters.

It's the same. There's also Jake who travels to Jugdral and Elibe, the Whitewings who travel to Valentia, Zeke who was previously mentioned. Hell, Luthier even appears in the manga of FE1. We also need to take into account that these two might not even be Severa and Inigo, just a little nod to their fans.

Aimee is just a merchant, the equivalent would be them reusing the Awakening merchants, or if instead of Aimee it had been Merric, Linde, and Minerva who appeared and were playable in Tellius.

Jake, I'm not sure about his role in Jugdral, but it's also not the same between Archanea and Elibe because he goes from playable character to shout-out. So if someone in if talked about their sweetie Frederick or something.

But yes Gaiden is the same situation. I mean, I'm not gonna lie, with so much pandering to Awakening it does feel a little like IS doesn't care about the old games anymore. They made a whole version with the idea that Awakening fans needed one to themselves (this is what they've said not me hating on casuals), they hired the same artist, they upped the waifu features, they added Casualer Casual Mode, Awakening is the first game to be featured in Cipher besides the original, now there are Awakening cameos in if. Like yes Awakening saved the series blah blah but it's one game in a series of 14, it doesn't have to be shoved in our faces this much.

But yes Gaiden is the same situation. I mean, I'm not gonna lie, with so much pandering to Awakening it does feel a little like IS doesn't care about the old games anymore. They made a whole version with the idea that Awakening fans needed one to themselves (this is what they've said not me hating on casuals), they hired the same artist, they upped the waifu features, they added Casualer Casual Mode, Awakening is the first game to be featured in Cipher besides the original, now there are Awakening cameos in if. Like yes Awakening saved the series blah blah but it's one game in a series of 14, it doesn't have to be shoved in our faces this much.

Yet someone like me who likes all the games is going Hoshido first because it looks more appealing, you are overreacting. Awakening kinda pandered to EVERYONE, or do you forget the spotpass stuff? The various references to every single FE universe?

Awakening was a massive success and yet here you are complaining they may be giving Awakening fans a treat after nearly the other half of the fandom has utterly shit on them.

Well, Ike is in through Amiibo. And there's not only Marth, but also Minerva from that card game tie in. Luna's case seems to be different, since she seems to be part of the base game, but the older games clearly haven't been forgotten.

Edited by NeonZ

Yet someone like me who likes all the games is going Hoshido first because it looks more appealing, you are overreacting. Awakening kinda pandered to EVERYONE, or do you forget the spotpass stuff? The various references to every single FE universe?

Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying Hoshido is only for newbies, that's just what they've been saying. I'm going on both routes and I prefer the Hoshido characters.

Yes Awakening did that, but if so far has only shown Ike and Marth (and mentioned Minerva), as opposed to Lucina, Robin, maybe-Severa, and maybe-Inigo. There will probably be more legacy characters, and I am just assuming Luna and merc are legit story characters, so you're right they could just be bonus characters as well.

Awakening was a massive success and yet here you are complaining they may be giving Awakening fans a treat after nearly the other half of the fandom has utterly shit on them.

Giving them a treat is fine, but giving them five candies and spreading another five candies among fans of 1-12 is unfair.

(Luna Picture)

Whelp it looks like it actually is Severa under a different name. (Probably)

They did this in awakening when Katarina fought the avatar, or Lyn talked with them.

"You remind me of someone I know." Whole deal.

And regarding the Outrealms I'd rather them continue using it and keep it as canon instead of just dropping it and saying "Lol was that a silly thing we did, it's not a thing anymore." Arguably if messes with canon less.

why does she say that?

The screenshot is from visiting another player's My Castle, so in all likelihood she's referring to her own Kamui.

Your Kamui looks similar to the Kamui from her save file, since, well, they're both Kamui.

Well, in the video they actually look completely different, and even have different genders. But, yes, it could be a reference to that. None of the other characters from the other castle shown seem to have similar comments though.

Edited by NeonZ

Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying Hoshido is only for newbies, that's just what they've been saying. I'm going on both routes and I prefer the Hoshido characters.

Yes Awakening did that, but if so far has only shown Ike and Marth (and mentioned Minerva), as opposed to Lucina, Robin, maybe-Severa, and maybe-Inigo. There will probably be more legacy characters, and I am just assuming Luna and merc are legit story characters, so you're right they could just be bonus characters as well.

Giving them a treat is fine, but giving them five candies and spreading another five candies among fans of 1-12 is unfair.

I may have overacted a tad, sorry on that.

But regardless I think we'll still have more older FE stuff, it's just they are showing the Awakening related stuff to grab their eye I think personally.

I'm just tired of people complaining that Awakening ruined everything.

I may have overacted a tad, sorry on that.

But regardless I think we'll still have more older FE stuff, it's just they are showing the Awakening related stuff to grab their eye I think personally.

I'm just tired of people complaining that Awakening ruined everything.

No worries. It's not that I think Awakening ruined the series, I'm just tired of having it be such a big deal everywhere, especially because they never did that with any of the other games. As an example, it would've been easy for them to put Lyn, Eliwood, and Hector in Sacred Stones to appeal to their new international fanbase, and while I probably would have liked seeing them at the time in the long run I appreciate the fact that they used to not worry about that sort of thing and just made each game how they wanted. At the same time I acknowledge it's necessary to keep people interested but there's a point where it starts to be too much.

Edit: oh and I'm not saying Awakening cameos in general would make me angry, just that I hope they're a few and treated like the Whitewings in Gaiden and not as major characters

Edited by Book Bro

I get the characters thing, but all they added in SS were branch promos the world map and a couple classes. They were imo keeping the games similar at least in part to please their new International fan base. I would prefer a cameo character in Nohr vs not having Nohr at all. And though it was a prequel, they did seem to add a lot of FE 6 stuff in 7 (some of which might not have been strictly necessary) for their Japanese fanbase imo.

Edited by goodperson707

Luna apparently says Kamui reminds her if someone. I assume Robin so... US this really Severa or is Luna the one that didn't travel back and had a peaceful life?

I assume they chose Cordelia hair color yo stave off canon debates as not even Robin can give her that hair color.

Luna apparently says Kamui reminds her if someone. I assume Robin so... US this really Severa or is Luna the one that didn't travel back and had a peaceful life?

I assume they chose Cordelia hair color yo stave off canon debates as not even Robin can give her that hair color.

She could also be referring to her own Kamui.