"My Castle" Explanation Video Translation

Thanks for the work : D

SoC is the real MVP

And while I'm only 2 minutes in to the video, one thing caught my attention, regarding the stones found:

c52d6a426f.jpg

Not entirely sure what exactly that entails. Do they mean the depending on the actual avatar, or the unit in question that you get it from?

I figured it meant the campaign, aka Kamui of Nohr or Kamui of Hoshido. The item descriptions even say where they're from (Nohr or Hoshido).

Also, I figured most of the StreetPass details myself, but they're going to be amazing when put to use. Especially for a person like me who actively used Awakening's StreetPass ^^

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait i noticed that in the video after defeating a streetpass team you can recruit one of their units regardless of which kingdom they're from?

Does this mean we can recruit one of your royal siblings from the other kingdom?

Ah yes Marx please come join me on my quest to defend Hoshido from the Nohrian invaders

Edit: OH and i forgot to mention, thanks SoC for the translation! Your hard work is highly appreciated from us

Edited by JaePuru

It seems My Castle might be a bit more interesting than originally thought. That said I certainly hope that isn't all there is to the dialogues when using it. From what we've seen so far the conversations in the video they seem kind of bland, but to be fair the conversations in the Barracks were often bland as well. That said there's still a chance of having conversations related to character depth in it. Hopefully it was just avoided due to spoilers and such. As per the supposedly controversial face touching the localization team will likely tone it done some. Namely with Harold's dialogue. That said the being in your room while doing this bit can either make the mind wander or fixate, and both of those can have either hilarious or disastrous results.

Nice work by the way.

Edit:

Wait i noticed that in the video after defeating a streetpass team you can recruit one of their units regardless of which kingdom they're from?

Does this mean we can recruit one of your royal siblings from the other kingdom?

Ah yes Marx please come join me on my quest to defend Hoshido from the Nohrian invaders

Edit: OH and i forgot to mention, thanks SoC for the translation! Your hard work is highly appreciated from us

From the looks of things yes. This should result in some funny fan comics.

Edited by Cerys

I'll just say one last thing in this thread.

Do you know why I side with the casuals and white Knight them? Because they are fun to talk with. There are veterans here like Jedi and Shin who are fun to talk with as well. And some of them REALLY HATE the direction IS is taking. But also, they just show it in more healthy ways.

Simply said, they're chill. Do you know how tiring it is to pour hours into translation and then get greeted with "Man, the New FE is shit." essentially?

You can be disappointed in the features, but it just feels so disappointing that people can be such killjoys.

Casuals just enjoy the game for what it is. It's not bad to be aware of the games shortcomings, but I just have that feeling that people don't "love" Fire Emblem when they say they're concerned with the series' direction. They love their vision of what it should be.

Fe:if and their attempt to appeal with these Silly Features... yes, that's all I feel they are... is not even close to being "Weeaboo Otaku catering shit". You are not Miyazaki criticizing the Otaku dominated anime industry. Hoho, we are not even close to that point yet.

I am sorry for my behaviour here. I know it is very impressive what you did. And with that I mean, that I don't actually know.

From what little I picked up in regards to issues that make these kind of translations so much more difficult then between those of the simple languages that I am familiar with, this already seems like an ridiculous feat far beyond what I could ever hope to do. And you did that with a 10 minute video in less then a day with time to spare for video editing and uploading.

So if this means anything for you coming from me of all people: Thank you a lot for sharing your work and expertise with the community. Now and all those countless times in the past.

Edited by BrightBow

Why would it be inspired by the dating sims that frequently sell less than Fire Emblem has? Why not Nintendogs+Cats which sold 3.5 million, Tomodachi Life which sold 4 million? Or are casual players including females not an easy way to villify a feature than a niche that's typically smaller than Fire Emblem already is when it comes to games?

Because features can take inspiration from multiple sources to appeal to certain demographics, and somehow I'm more inclined to think the game that has sparkly confession scenes and fanservice while selling merch like statues and figmas might not be gunning for the Nintendogs crowd.

You know, maybe it's considered a blessing to be touched by the Avatar. Perhaps he's the embodiment of a dragon deity or something--and Nohr and Hoshido both worship dragons.

Well, Aqua is present, so... maybe? I do wonder how it'll work though.

Having even two Aquas at the same time could be potentially game-breaking, unless you can only sing with one Aqua per turn.

Jeez, Felicia has the same cooking skill as Lissa, Sully, and Kjelle in awakening. Stahl is practically the only cook in awakening whose cooking doesn't send someone to the infirmary.

All these optional shops and stat boost buildings are gonna be unnerving to me. I feel like I'm gonna play a chapter, have difficulty with it, and think that it would be easier if I did more stat boosting in the My Castle buildings or get lucky with free handouts or the lottery. The boosts might be minor, but every bit counts in a game with permadeath.

merch like statues and figmas might not be gunning for the Nintendogs crowd.

Figmas? Scales? You know there are Kid Icarus figma, a Link scale in the works, and Mario Nendoroids right? (I don't disagree with the rest of the statement)

Edited by L95

Jeez, Felicia has the same cooking skill as Lissa, Sully, and Kjelle in awakening. Stahl is practically the only cook in awakening whose cooking doesn't send someone to the infirmary.

All these optional shops and stat boost buildings are gonna be unnerving to me. I feel like I'm gonna play a chapter, have difficulty with it, and think that it would be easier if I did more stat boosting in the My Castle buildings or get lucky with free handouts or the lottery. The boosts might be minor, but every bit counts in a game with permadeath.

i think Kris from FE12 and Tanith from FE9/10 are much worse cooks than those 4

@arvilino: I don't want to get into a semantics debate about what "optional" means.

Let me say this instead. Since the Nintendo Direct a few days ago, we've been told insistently by fans that My Castle is simply a fun distraction to mess around with. Sure, it'll be creepy to some... but don't like it, don't use it, right?

Now we've learned that forging, faster supports, and very useful stat bonuses can be unlocked only if a player spends time messing around with My Castle. This is no longer a fun distraction. This is must-play content if you want to forge weapons, get quicker supports, and / or have the best chance on Lunatic(+).

This is a major revelation.

Did you even read Arvilino's post?

Typically the way to get an edge in the gameplay in a lot of games is through optional and side content.

Can stuff in My Castle give you an edge? Yes. Does that mean you need to do it all? No. And I find it highly doubtful that choosing not to rub a character's face will make the game oh-so-much harder in the end. This kind of side content is usually easily skippable and doesn't ultimately impact the game much. It appears, so far, to be that way here. Do you think Pokemon Amie is must-play content? Or the multitude of other mini-game stuff in recent Pokemon games that I don't even remember the names of because I never bothered with them, like Super Training (oh, I remembered that name)?

Dislike it all you want, and I'm sure there's an appropriate way to criticize it, but calling it must-play content is not the way.

Did you even read Arvilino's post?

Yes. I'm skeptical you read mine.

I specifically avoided a semantic debate about what "optional" means. I instead pointed out how the tired rhetoric of it's-just-optional no longer applies. People presumed My Castle would be a fun distraction with little consequence.

But it turns out it has major consequences. Forging requires you to play a Harvest Moon-style mining game. You can get quicker supports. You can get significant temporary stat buffs.

It is harder to ignore My Castle when playing around with it grants you significant bonuses. Strategically relevant significant bonuses. If I want to tackle Lunatic+ without limiting myself, I need to rub faces and run around town talking to units and mining.

In a Fire Emblem game.

This title is going to fracture the community far more than Awakening did, and frankly I welcome it. I do wish shadowofchaos would be a little less indulgent, though. I'm not sure anyone cares about his preference for "chill" veterans. Chill is boring. Sound debate is interesting.

I'll just say one last thing in this thread.

Do you know why I side with the casuals and white Knight them? Because they are fun to talk with. There are veterans here like Jedi and Shin who are fun to talk with as well. And some of them REALLY HATE the direction IS is taking. But also, they just show it in more healthy ways.

Simply said, they're chill. Do you know how tiring it is to pour hours into translation and then get greeted with "Man, the New FE is shit." essentially?

You can be disappointed in the features, but it just feels so disappointing that people can be such killjoys.

Casuals just enjoy the game for what it is. It's not bad to be aware of the games shortcomings, but I just have that feeling that people don't "love" Fire Emblem when they say they're concerned with the series' direction. They love their vision of what it should be.

Fe:if and their attempt to appeal with these Silly Features... yes, that's all I feel they are... is not even close to being "Weeaboo Otaku catering shit". You are not Miyazaki criticizing the Otaku dominated anime industry. Hoho, we are not even close to that point yet.

My rhetoric might make it seem like the polar opposite, but I've no doubt I'll enjoy FE14. Even so, I do harbor a legitimate concern of the impact this (admittedly small) addition will have and I have no particular reason to alter my manner of conveying my points.

Regardless, this topic might not have been the best place to go on a tangent about the subject, so apologies and thank you for the translations!

Edited by Topazd

Yes. I'm skeptical you read mine.

I specifically avoided a semantic debate about what "optional" means. I instead pointed out how the tired rhetoric of it's-just-optional no longer applies. People presumed My Castle would be a fun distraction with little consequence.

But it turns out it has major consequences. Forging requires you to play a Harvest Moon-style mining game. You can get quicker supports. You can get significant temporary stat buffs.

It is harder to ignore My Castle when playing around with it grants you significant bonuses. Strategically relevant significant bonuses. If I want to tackle Lunatic+ without limiting myself, I need to rub faces and run around town talking to units and mining.

In a Fire Emblem game.

This title is going to fracture the community far more than Awakening did, and frankly I welcome it. I do wish shadowofchaos would be a little less indulgent, though. I'm not sure anyone cares about his preference for "chill" veterans. Chill is boring. Sound debate is interesting.

You know who is indulgent? You, before you are even giving the game a chance you cry out for the pitchforks, "wah wah my FE isn't the same anymore you filth ruined it". You debate without a single want to listen to the other side so your want is impossible.

You know I find the face thing kinda creepy too but its not gonna make or break the game. My Castle is pretty neat IMO it brings back something I've wanted for awhile Gaiden like walking around a town and they added Suikoden and Harvest Moon like features (two franchises I adore) kind of things into it.

"wah wah my FE isn't the same anymore you filth ruined it".

You know I find the face thing kinda creepy too but its not gonna make or break the game.

Curious. I don't recall saying either of these things.

I'd like to point out a rather obvious double standard here, one I've pointed out many times before. We are all basing our opinions off early impressions (though, at this point, we have significant information about the game).

If your early impressions are positive? That's fine. No one hounds you or asks for clarification.

If your early impressions are negative? Stop complaining! Play the game first!! Maybe the game will be good despite all the fair criticisms you make!!!

It's aggravating. I am breaking no forum rules and am perfectly entitled to make calm, reasonable, strong criticisms about this game.

I believe this forum features an ignore user option. Feel free to take advantage if negativity upsets you.

I'd like to point out a rather obvious double standard here, one I've pointed out many times before. We are all basing our opinions off early impressions (though, at this point, we have significant information about the game).

If your early impressions are positive? That's fine. No one hounds you or asks for clarification.

If your early impressions are negative? Stop complaining! Play the game first!! Maybe the game will be good despite all the fair criticisms you make!!!

It's aggravating. I am breaking no forum rules and am perfectly entitled to make calm, reasonable, strong criticisms about this game.

I believe this forum features an ignore user option. Feel free to take advantage if negativity upsets you.

On the positive impressions thing, I'd like to say that's not entirely true. I've seen a couple remarks about how anyone who migĥ be excited about the new features isn't a "true fan", along with other insults being thrown around like the ever popular "weaboo" and, recently, "creep". Most of that is directed towards the face petting thing, but it's also used against the farming and mining features as well. When it comes to speaking up for it, I've seen quite a few backhanded and (often) indirect comments about how thr poster can't understand how others could possibly defend the new aspects of the series.

But that's just from what I've seen, and have not been hounded like that personally. I think your negative opinions are valuable, Feplus, and provide a necessary component to evaluation, but I don't think it's right to generalizs like that.

Regarding th face rubbing thing, something I noticed is that its not something that you can just do for everyone at any given moment

4c4e6f3450.jpg

Apparently, one could surmise it to be available for that unit once certain conditions are met, and is indicated by the heart. As for what those conditions are....

Oh, thanks for the translation, SOC! That's a lot to do in such a short time!

In regards to all of the negativity, well "my castle" is something that's totally new to the series. It's natural for some people who don't want changes in Fire Emblem to be adverse to this, as they don't know if they will like it or not, or if it will be even done well. Personally, I like "my castle", aside from the face rubbing, which now I'm apathetic towards rather than strongly against. (I still will likely avoid it though)

If you want to see real negativity though, just go on the Fire Emblem Subreddit. That place was like a war zone yesterday.

Edited by Monado Boy

@arvilino: I don't want to get into a semantics debate about what "optional" means.

Let me say this instead. Since the Nintendo Direct a few days ago, we've been told insistently by fans that My Castle is simply a fun distraction to mess around with. Sure, it'll be creepy to some... but don't like it, don't use it, right?

Now we've learned that forging, faster supports, and very useful stat bonuses can be unlocked only if a player spends time messing around with My Castle. This is no longer a fun distraction. This is must-play content if you want to forge weapons, get quicker supports, and / or have the best chance on Lunatic(+).

This is a major revelation.

To complement, Joker even says "to master My Castle is to master Fire Emblem: if", or something like that, right near the end of the video. I think abusing these features will be very important, especially on harder difficulties.

Now, about the feature itself, I don't find it all that bad. Sure, face stroking is awfully creepy and pure fanservice to appease weeabos, and the hot springs have a blatant fanservice touch to them, yet the other features are rather nice, or completely optional that they don't matter much (like accessories and the pet. Holy Dragon Fish God, I am looking at you). I for one like having weapon shops for iron and steel weapons, because it is illogical for them to be rare, and that way I have more freedom to plan my strategies.

Chances are I'll gather items around My Castle, use the shop, and maybe the hotsprings at least once to see for myself how it is.

By the way, this. You should've seen the crap I've got for outing my fears for If, and how me pointing an optimist view is no more rational or reasonable than a pessimist view of If's future granted a wall of text or two from Jedi. I'm starting to agree that some people are just too immature for a discussion. They have their opposite opinions, and are willing to bludgeon others who voice otherwise.

Edited by Rapier

Even though you didn't directly say those things, it is the overall tone that your past comments have given off. I agree with you that well structured criticisms can be healthy for a discussion,but I can see how your posts could come off as overly adamant to other users. Even though your criticisms aren't necessarily stated angrily, your copious negativity gives off a whiny vibe.(I see where you are coming from and I don't think face rubbing fits in this series either, but complaining won't accomplish anything)

Thanks SoC, did Gamexplain use your video without permission or something? That's really shitty of them if so.

I'm still hyped for My Castle. I wonder if the different scenery is based on where you are in the story or if you can change it freely. Kinda hope it's the former so it's not as jarring going from a snow chapter to your summer retreat base. I want to know more about Lilith too, I wish it was playable outside of the base battles as I will probably never use that feature since I never get StreetPasses.

I'm feeling mixed about the hot springs.

I was looking forward to it before this video, but if they all they say is "wow it's so hot" "ooh relaxing" "I luv the warm water" then it will be nothing but wasted potential. It is a great chance for us to see the units interact in a relaxed environment and show new aspects of their characters, but if all they do is talk about how they are in a bathhouse and/or chase Kamui out then it is beyond pointless.

Good point, I agree. Hopefully there's still some special conversations that take place there as well that are a little more interesting.

As far as the face rubbing, I'm sad to see it's pandering to the avatar even in their reactions. And I thought Robin was bad...

I agree with Feplus that this game will most likely shatter this forum in 2. And if the debate overshadows learning about the mechanics and strategies for the game, the sole reason I joined in the first place, I'm out of here.