Do you think Mikoto might haved killed her husband to be the next monarch?

IceBrand

For me that is kinda my attitude for nearly every playable character

no matter what their character is as long as they have a character i will probably like or at least appreciate them. The only characters i don't like are the ones that have not enough lines to have a character, or even an interesting design.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My theory is that Kamui is King Sumeragi's bastard son and that the queen manipulated the king into falling into a trap which would get both him and the bastard prince killed. Perhaps she's not as peace loving as she seems. Jealousy can be a real motivator, and in seeing that there was a baby on board Garon decided to raise him as his own instead of killing him. Although he looks sooo bloody evil in the trailer I can only hope he's actually a good guy or u know, not completely evil.

She's a Manus shard!

PLOTWIST!!

Best theory yet.

I believe there is some grimdark juice behind Hoshido's immaculate concept. How many times was i deceived by those pure white souls only to see pitch-black hidden just beneath it. There must be more about Hoshido than the first impression tells us, but i only say this because i think it would be better if there was.

Edited by Lawful Angry

My theory is that Kamui is King Sumeragi's bastard son and that the queen manipulated the king into falling into a trap which would get both him and the bastard prince killed. Perhaps she's not as peace loving as she seems. Jealousy can be a real motivator, and in seeing that there was a baby on board Garon decided to raise him as his own instead of killing him. Although he looks sooo bloody evil in the trailer I can only hope he's actually a good guy or u know, not completely evil.

Absolutely not. Garon seems to use Kamui for his own selfish ends. Garon will, most likely, end up being disproportionally evil over good. I hope he'll be a darker shade of gray at least (please don't associate that statement with 50 shades of grey, the bane of all that is good). I do suspect that Hoshido will have some dirt on them.

The writer for this game created some decently complex plots, i.e. GetBackers, so I doubt he'll keep one side entirely good and one side entirely evil. Heck the main choice for this game is morally gray, so there has to be some drawback for siding with either country.

Look at the main artwork on the JP website. Nohr is mostly black, but the rocky stones the characters are standing on are lighter. Look in the night sky and you'll see stars. I see that as symbolizing how Nohr, though a mostly corrupt place has a hopeful future to being an empire that does good for the world. That goes with the theme of foxing Nohr from within.

Look at the Hoshido side. Everything is mostly white, symbolizing goodness. However, look at the stones. They are very black. I think that this symbolizes that a nation dedicated to peacefulness isn't without fault.

Sorry, that was probably a stretch, but I hope people understand my interpretation. haha.

Edited by Leif

Absolutely not. Garon seems to use Kamui for his own selfish ends. Garon will, most likely, end up being disproportionally evil over good. I hope he'll be a darker shade of gray at least (please don't associate that statement with 50 shades of grey, the bane of all that is good). I do suspect that Hoshido will have some dirt on them.

The writer for this game created some decently complex plots, i.e. GetBackers, so I doubt he'll keep one side entirely good and one side entirely evil. Heck the main choice for this game is morally gray, so there has to be some drawback for siding with either country.

Look at the main artwork on the JP website. Nohr is mostly black, but the rocky stones the characters are standing on are lighter. Look in the night sky and you'll see stars. I see that as symbolizing how Nohr, though a mostly corrupt place has a hopeful future to being an empire that does good for the world. That goes with the theme of foxing Nohr from within.

Look at the Hoshido side. Everything is mostly white, symbolizing goodness. However, look at the stones. They are very black. I think that this symbolizes that a nation dedicated to peacefulness isn't without fault.

Sorry, that was probably a stretch, but I hope people understand my interpretation. haha.

If you're talking about the artwork that is on the nintendo jp site which is basically the boxart with slightly more detail in the backgrounds I think it is a bit of a stretch, I mean aesthetically you need contrast otherwise things just look dull and washed out. Lighter stones under characters wearing black makes them stand out more, and the same goes for hoshido's use of white and darker stones. The stars in the sky I doubt represent anything besides making the background stand out a bit more.

With the logic you implied I could say the same things in reverse. The overuse of white with hoshido could in fact be used to cover up the sins of the past with a galant and striking image to inspire their citizens, justifying their past atrocities with the idea of justice or greater good. While the darker Nohrian armor could symbolize the internal struggle the nation must endure while invading other kingdoms to ensure their own survival (bad crops and starving citizens) spurring a sort of esprit de corps among the troops, a sort of, our armor may be dark and stained with blood but our hearts and wills are pure sort of spin.

While its true that the nohr campaign has you revolting from within it just makes me a little more worried that Garon is going to simply be either another puppet like Gangrel or just a cartoony badguy. I just really hope there is more to it than that, or that the hoshido are actually the morally bankrupt ones.

And while I get that queen Mikoto is Kamui's biological mother, I still think the secret bastard child scenario would be interesting. I just don't trust her...maybe its the way she smiles or reacts to seeing kamui. Idk, it was just a theory.

Edited by Toukai

I wish she did, but I feel like Hoshido is going to be overglorified as the peaceful nation and Mikoto will have no flaws regarding a deceitful appearance. Garon will just be the big bad and that's that.

Personally, I wish Garon killed her husband because they were having an affair together, but that's just me.

While she may not have killed her husband, I still will stick with this theory I saw. xD Though I'm sure they were kidding, I'd love to see if that were true, and would explain why Aqua is there.

That is slightly disturbing, and probably not that far from the truth.

I wish she did, but I feel like Hoshido is going to be overglorified as the peaceful nation and Mikoto will have no flaws regarding a deceitful appearance. Garon will just be the big bad and that's that.

Personally, I wish Garon killed her husband because they were having an affair together, but that's just me.

Mikoto must dig the beard. So sexy.

I find it somewhat unlikely, but a plot twist of that sort would be very welcome. So far the game is clearly wanting us to believe that Garon is super-evil and Mikoto is super-good, but it may not be that simple. (Radiant Dawn did have a kinda similar twist, so it wouldn't be too crazy for Fire Emblem.)

Eh, incorruptible pure pureness always was a bad trait for a leader. I'd want her to be the woman wearing the queenly mask, myself.

The sad thing is, she shouldn't even have to wear a queenly mask since she is, well, the freaking queen.

If it was so peaceful why isn't it unified? Instead it's got different tribes with their own issues and I'm sure internal conflict.

If it was so peaceful why isn't it unified? Instead it's got different tribes with their own issues and I'm sure internal conflict.

What I was referring to when I said "peace" was that Hoshido is more than likely going to be portrayed as "innocent good guys taken advantage of" rather than a nation responsible for f'ing up. It isn't so peaceful that it's Mary Sue-like in the sense nothing can ever go wrong, but it definitely looks like IS is portraying it more positively than Nohr.

I want Mikoto to be a pure benevolent queen on the surface but at lower layers a twisted and self serving ruler and I want garon to be the exact opposite Appeaing to be cruel,selfish and power hungry but actually doing every thing for the greater good