Do you think Mikoto might haved killed her husband to be the next monarch?

IceBrand

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ depends if shoot full of arrows guy from the 2nd trailer is her husband or not, which i think is likely. So probably not giving your son to Garon to kill you husband is a pretty dumb idea.

Edited by goodperson707

I'm of the belief that Pin-Cushion Man from the April trailer is King Sumeragi, and thus, was killed by Garon.

Yeah, I think that's what the trailer was implying.

that'd be a pretty neat plot twist to freshen things up

I agree! I'm still pretty torn on whether or not I think this is likely from the way she's being portrayed in the tailer, but it WOULD be really original for them to do something like that. Like, perhaps, Mikoto is so intent on peacefulness of the country that she betrayed her husband to avoid some kind of conflict and indirectly put him at Garon's mercy? Perhaps she was tricked into it? All speculation of course, and I still think there's a good chance she'll remain the pure kind of person we see in the trailer. I'm so excited to see the plot unravel though :D

Oh goodie, I'm not the only one who thought this might be possible. \o/

The cutscene where we first saw her gave me a suspicious feeling that I can't shake.

If that scene is the first time in the game that Kamui/the player meets with her (you know, returning-after-so-long reunion)... Don't you think her reaction is kind of...tame? She's Kamui's mother, she should be reacting more like Hinoka does. I don't care if she's the ruler of the nation now; her reaction is TOO TAME.

...If that scene is NOT the first time Kamui meets her, then I dun fuckin know why I'm suspicious.

Perhaps Mikoto meant to have Kamui killed alongside his father.

idunno i bullshitting

I agree. I think that Mikoto is up to something. I've suspected there was something secretly sinister about Hoshido from the start, as many others have as well. Is this finally it?

That would be such a badass twist ! It would be so boring if Hoshido didn't have any dirt on them.

Edited by B.Leu

It was said that Kamui and Aqua were kidnapped at around the same time right? And since it seems likely that Aqua is not part of the current royal family of Nohr(a theory, but kinda makes sense...right? There's another thread about it.) So I wonder...if Mikoto is more suspicious than she seems, and if Aqua might've actually been the next heir of Nohr, (if she isn't part of the current royal family) and if Garon was after the throne...could it be possible Mikoto and Garon worked out some sort of plan for the both of them to get the throne of their country? Then again the whole 'at war' shtick might throw a wrench in there, and I don't even know how they would meet or discuss this type of plan, but who knows.

Edited by Aegis Gray

She might have taken advantage of Garon's scheme to lure her husband to his death. They could even have been in cahoot with each other.

Edited by Ryo

^ wasn't she not the ruling monarch before, that is kinda a rise. i still think pin cushion is the king though.

Plus i like the queen subtly manipulating the king thing better anyway.

Not the ruling monarch but married to him. She might not be making the big choices for the country, but if the country is stable and prosperous, she's in a pretty cushy position for the rest of her life. Arguably, that's even better than being the King. If her husband were a jerk and treating her poorly, I could imagine her plotting against him.

I doubt it judging by how pretty she is but it would make a nice twist.

It's kind of sad how true this is, but I'm pretty much in agreement with you on this one.

I'm almost sure at 100% that if for some reason, this kind of awesome thing isn't in the game, it will be done in a fanfic. A good fanfic, no Draco in leather pant-style. Because the idea is just that awesome.

... Please don't do joke about fanfic being bad or stuff, or at least, not now. :p

Plot twist she is garon, killed her husband while on vacation in nohr, uses spooky dragon magic to make her look like garon beforehand, seizes control of nohr from Aqua, rules over both countries secretly with an iron fist, aqua finds out so she kidnaps her

We have always been at war with eastasia Nohr

Wouldn't that be Ron the Deatheater-style? Draco in leather pants is when fans ignore the villainous qualities of a character.

Sorry for speaking in tvtropes.

My theory is that some kind of event lead the death of Sumeragi who was protecting Kamui, and to avoid a war they exchanged hostages .... Both of them seems to be quite passive when their princes are kidnapped.

Maybe? Ron the Death eater always seemed to me to be more about spite, not liking a character so in their fanfic they make that character evil. This seems kinda more of what if Mikoto was evil AU fic to me.

Still not Draco in leather pants though.

Edited by goodperson707

I think the Mikoto is behind her husband's death is born from either a desire to have a more compitent and scheming leader after Emmeryn showed why she was in the running for a Darwin award, or to add moral complexity to the apparently squeaky clean Hosindo

I'm almost sure at 100% that if for some reason, this kind of awesome thing isn't in the game, it will be done in a fanfic. A good fanfic, no Draco in leather pant-style. Because the idea is just that awesome.

... Please don't do joke about fanfic being bad or stuff, or at least, not now. :p

Off topic but haha, I scanned through this post, saw my name (@bold) and figured you were talking about me since Refa quoted me right before. I was wrong.