Famitsu 6/11 preview/leaks

Ryo

Zero looks awesome. I'm disappointed about the three Awakening kids, though. I really wanted this game to be completely separate from Awakening. I'd rather have new characters rather than rehashes of ones I didn't even like. It's put a very slight damper on my excitement for this game. Hopefully it'll just be these three and no more.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ughh, Peiri (spelling?) looks like a mess. The dual personality reminds me of Noire, so I think it's a tribute to her. As I mentioned in another topic, Charlotte is a darker version of Sumia, i.e. using 'womanly wiles' to marry into high society.

Raswald is cut/paste of Inigo. At least his artwork is nice.

Odin, looks handsome enough and has a nice design, but I'm not a fan of his personality... Owain's voice actor annoyed me in Awakening.

That pose is a little awkward.

That also reminds me... does Tsukuyomi (Hoshidian Wind Mage) remind anyone of Ricken?

EDIT: OHMYGOSH. CAPTURE IS BACK. I couldn't be happier!

Edited by Leif

Hate the clones, they're basically lazy design. Only Odin seems kinda different.

I'm really liking Zero though, I guess he's Nohr exclusive, seeing as only Orochi and him can use the Capture command. One per army, I suppose?

When I first saw Zero I thought he was an example of a MU-design for some reason....

I dunno why,but for some reason he looks kinda....different,maybe its because he looks so calm.

Yeah it might be the robe but the design kind of reminds me of the defaul male Robin with a wider chin, longer hair and an eyepatch.

Watch tharja, cordelia and Gaius get confirmed

If this happens I hope they are older than they used to, to match with the age of their children in this game...

Even though I would like to see them younger because they are 3 of my fav characters in Awakening, I prefer to have a story behind them that makes sense with all the children stuff in If.

Edited by Kyan Surr

Wow. I'd assumed Pieri had blue and pink hair (I'd taken to calling her "Cotton Candy Cav") but I'm still stunned by how crazy it looks. Wonder if her violent persona will be more "BLOOD AND THUNDER!"-berserk or axe-crazy psychopath.

Inigo and Owain doppelgangers are as expected, though I love how fitting their skills are. I'm happy to have them, but 3 kids is enough methinks.

Zero is whatever. I'm not really an eyepatch guy, so I'll wait for his description.

Need to hear more about capturing before I can really judge it, but so far I doubt I'll use it much.

The capturing generics to recruit from the Prison is exactly what I wanted to see when I heard about the building in the My Castle Feature. Could be a nice way to get some of the classes you might be missing or limited to in either route, like if you want a Pegasus Knight, Oni or Lancer on the Nohr route.

I'm curious as to whether Hoshido will get any of the homage-children on their side, too.

I used Vincent's translations to do a rough transcribe onto the poor quality scan just for reference until tomorrow.

Blog post here.

fami1106-1trans.jpg

Thanks for the info !

I'm not sure if I don't like the clones, or if I simply don't give a damn anymore, either way, what a pain. It's 'funnier' when you consider that the reason most people choose Nohr, is to not have Awakening shoved into their faces.

Lol Cynthia with her blue/pink hair.

A violent personality ? Is that a nod toward Olivia ? I mean, Olivia could be a murder machine, and since NotCynthia have pink hair... Or maybe a nod toward Galeforce ?

Huh, I wonder what they will do for Odin's personal skill outside of Japan. European and Amerian version comfirmed to be in japanese.

Also, Odin apparently do special moves.... with magic ? What ? It doesn't make any sense !

Capture, yeah, it doesn't look like much right now.

Edited by B.Leu

Thanks for the info !

I'm not sure if I don't like the clones, or if I simply don't give a damn anymore, either way, what a pain. It's 'funnier' when you consider that the reason most people choose Nohr, is to not have Awakening shoved into their faces.

Exactly. Which is why I currently have three Uriah gambits planned out.

I think it's a pretty good idea to have totally not the Awakening kids as characters. You had to grind a lot in order to get them in Awakening, and by then the game is a cakewalk. This way you can use them without going out of your way to get them.

Also, Odin apparently do special moves.... with magic ? What ? It doesn't make any sense !

Owain is basically a chunibyou type. "8th grade syndrome" - teens who imagine themselves with special powers and create complex mystic backstories and such. Magic based actually fits the archetype even better.

Edited by NeonZ

...I'm not particularly irked by the character reuse.

I'm just saying "oh dammit" with the "Blood Boil" skill.

Forged weapon weapon and name it with ridiculous kanji.

tumblr_np360oFPZi1rmzb08o3_400.png

Freaking, hell. Even my ridiculous weapon names don't use 8 characters.

Exactly. Which is why I currently have three Uriah gambits planned out.

Alas my complesionist soul does not allow me to do that. Still a fine idea, go on, you have my blessing my son: do what your nation couldn't do.

Owain is basically a chunibyou type. "8th grade syndrome" - teens who imagine themselves with special powers and such. Magic based actually fits the archetype even better.

... So, I guess him being somewhat mature is out of question then ?

Like seriously, with a sword, you can replicate the style of the heroes of old, I can see that. But a Thoron will always be a ray of lightning. Just like Fire will always be a tiny fireball

... Fire Emblem games are never fully coherent with magic anyway. >>

Edited by B.Leu

... So, I guess him being somewhat nature is out of question then ?

Like seriously, with a sword, you can replicate the style of the heroes of old, I can see that. But a Thoron will always be a ray of lightning. Just like Fire will always be a tiny fireball

... Fire Emblem games are never fully coherent with magic anyway. >>

I hope he pretends his Thunder tome is Mjolnir

I am really liking Pieri, her cotton candy hair is amazing and I want it. I'm curious as to what her alternate personality will be like. I'm kind of hoping for a cheerful kind of bloodthirsty a la Henry from Awakening.

Not too sure how I feel about the Inigo and Owain clones. I genuinely liked Owain so I'm not too upset seeing an Expy of him again, I just wish they wouldn't be so heavyhanded with the whole clone thing.

Capture sounds like a very interesting mechanic, looking forward to seeing it in action.

Am I the only one that sees Pieri and sees Lissa with a personality disorder and crazy hair. She is still a great looking character though and I will definitely use her when I play Nohr

My current thoughts of the new characters:

Pieri- She reminds me of the Suicide Squad Harley Quinn,

I know she was the first person I thought after reading about Pieri.

Lately I.S. is making many references to Batman.

Come on people, we already have a joker, a Robin, a Batman and now we have a Harley Quinn... who's the next Batman character to appears?

One complaint about most, if not all of the Units revealed so far, is there any who weren't a member of the army beforehand? One of the good things about Awakening's units is that they all came from different places, only a few like Sumia, Sully & Vaike were in the Shepherds before the events of Awakening. The only ones I can think of the top of my head are Tsukuyomi & the palace workers(Felicia, etc)It is a good point, but at the same time maybe they don't want to reveal everything. where's the surprise if I.S. reveal all the playable characters?