New FE:if Introduction Trailer

Lushiris

I don't know if we've already discussed the mechanics of this in another thread (we probably did), but I wanna mention that the damaged clothing mechanic does exist, and is not only exclusive to armours:

EjctHaM.png

In this picture we can see that the ribbon tail of Felicia's dress has multiple frayed/damaged holes in it after getting attacked. My poor baby.

Edited by squkyshoes

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the Chinese Foo Dogs you usually see infront of historic buildings in China town(s)? I think some members called it a puppet master? Does anyone know Japanese to tell if the sides say a name or so to confirm?

No physical weapons in hand.. perhaps magic.. Hoshido's version of dark knights?

Looks like a Japanese Shishimai. They promote from Shinobi so they presumably use Hidden Weapons in addition to whatever else.

Miyazaki_Shrine_Grand_Festival_in_2008_S

shishimai001.jpg

Edited by NekoKnight

Looks like a Japanese Shishimai. They promote from Shinobi so they presumably use Hidden Weapons in addition to whatever else.

Interesting...so they have their own version of the lion dance..,gotta love the Sinicization of East Asia

tumblr_npqel1kUqZ1rmzb08o1_640.png

More than halfway done.

I need a break.

I'm also a little miffed about the one anon on Tumblr that said utterly disgusting things to "motivate me" to translate the 7 minute intro video.

Take as much time as you need. Also I'm sorry something like that happened to you. Some people are entitled as hell.

Nishiki set the bar.

-pretty low

Ohhhhh.gif

But nah, you gatta admit the nohr shapeshifter looks a bit more gruff than Nishiki, I already like him more than most of he guys.

BTW Bless you Rey! thank you sooo much for the translations!

Edited by madam-contemporary

Nobody likes the epic BGM from 6:24? :( That one literally woke me up after the plain and boring music from My Castle segment lol

I did! It's almost as awesome as the epic BGM at 1:11. ;D

Seriously though, I wonder what the theme at the end is going to be used for! It sounds like it could be the "Ablaze"-version of a map theme, if the way music works in If is anything like the way it was in Awakening, but even then it'd have to be a pretty climactic map to warrant a theme like that.

So was I the only one who almost burst out laughing when Garon ordered Marx to kill Kamui, Marx just not believing his ears and in the next shot Leon just blasts him with magic no problem.

Might not even be the same routes for all we know, but it looked hilarious.

So was I the only one who almost burst out laughing when Garon ordered Marx to kill Kamui, Marx just not believing his ears and in the next shot Leon just blasts him with magic no problem.

Might not even be the same routes for all we know, but it looked hilarious

Marx: Wait a moment--

Leon: Whatever you say, Father. -blasts him-

Whether or not it was the same route, or even the same scene, it certainly was perfect timing, and I laughed pretty hard at it, too. Leon is shaping up to be probably the worst sibling to go against after the betrayal. Though Takumi and his legion of archers behind him might make Kamui into a Hedgehog Lord 2.0. I guess it's a matter of how you'd prefer to go out?

Rinka's beside him, so it's probably Hoshido.

You mean the curved definetly-not-daemonic-warp-spawned mostrosity at 6:33 (which i believe isn't yatogami)? Or the purple aura surrouding yatogami at 6:52?

Yes. More the first one though. Purple Yatogami looks more contained than daemon-sword.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bfwj/character/img/detail/chara_b4.png

Kamui already had the "corrupted" black sword in this scene (this seems to be when he's sparing Suzukaze's life). Judging by the brown dialogue box, it seems to take place pretty early in the story. This makes me wonder if that sword is actually an earlier version of the Yatogami.

Interesting, I do recall a scene in the trailer where Kamui looks on Yatogami in awe. Maybe that's when the sword became Yatogami. Still, that leaves the question of the purple glow later found in the trailer. Maybe Yatogami gains a different aura depending on the route. Purplegami was seen with Marx, so it isn't completely unfounded.

I'd also like to note how similar Kamui and Aqua's animations are. They both have very flowy, twirly, and showy attacks. Perhaps this is related to their intense dragon blood?

^ Rinka has been seen before the route split several times before i believe, but the first scene was in the Nohr route.

Valid point. It could take place early on.

Kamui, Suzukaze, and Rinka -- the trio being attacked -- are also the three present when Kamui blocks a blast directed at Suzukaze, which seems to occur before the split if you assume the screenshot from the website that depicts a similar situation (with a neutral textbox) is the same. Or Suzukaze could just be one incredibly loathed guy.

This game is looking so good in the main gameplay/plot, I really hope it lives up to early impressions. Lucky Japanese and people importing it. We need the release date revealed at E3.

Valid point. It could take place early on.

Kamui, Suzukaze, and Rinka -- the trio being attacked -- are also the three present when Kamui blocks a blast directed at Suzukaze, which seems to occur before the split if you assume the screenshot from the website that depicts a similar situation (with a neutral textbox) is the same. Or Suzukaze could just be one incredibly loathed guy.

I like how they're trio. Actually, I'm surprised that it's Rinka and not some other neutral character like Cyrus, especially since they're best friends. Maybe when you join Hoshido, Rinka and Suzukaze are your direct subordinates?

From a screenshot or a level one aqua that also had sazukaze and Rinka with no kaimui or anyone else in sight, my guess is that sazukaze and rinka get sent to retrieve you, but they get seperated from aqua somehow i guess. I kinda like how they seem to have Rinka a Hoshido exclusive available or at least present in the pre split chapters.

It's the Nohr route, he's attacking Rinka and Suzukaze

It's the Nohr route, he's attacking Rinka and Suzukaze

Are you sure? Cause it doesn't look like Rinka is attacking or provoking Kamui. Could just be me though.