Fire Emblem If - Introduction Video Translation

shadowofchaos

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get your hopes up for multiplayer. I am shooting you down right now, it's AI vs player from how they phrased it.

No no that's fine. It's just that I've never actually received a natural streetpass hit, so being able to just go on the internet and get some means I'll actually be able to use My Castle fully rather than having to ignore most of it. I'm not bothered about multiplayer at all, personally, and if I did want it I'd prefer a co-op form anyway.

Don't get your hopes up for multiplayer. I am shooting you down right now, it's AI vs player from how they phrased it.

It could be different nature altogether, perhaps in the main menu although it seems weird for IS to put it there. Still, it does look like player vs AI is what they're doing.

Ach, and I was hoping that a chess-like mode would be there. That'd have been nice.

First of all, thanks for translating the trailer for us non speaking japanese peolpe SoC!

And secondly, I noticed a few things in the trailer;

1.) The non CGI cutscenes look more cinematic. Which is awesome! Hope this is for all cutscenes.

2.) It could just be me, but the 3D models look more detailed

No no that's fine. It's just that I've never actually received a natural streetpass hit, so being able to just go on the internet and get some means I'll actually be able to use My Castle fully rather than having to ignore most of it. I'm not bothered about multiplayer at all, personally, and if I did want it I'd prefer a co-op form anyway.

Related to this, I think Fire Emblem if could have actually have a decent multiplayer, now that they've balanced Pair Up somewhat and allowed enemies to use it.

That said, I never really got into the DS games' multiplayer and I wouldn't exactly miss it if it wasn't included.

Oh yeah, I find it weird, yet funny that even though Ryouma is clearly not wearing anything except his swimsuit in the hot spring, his portrait still shows his helmet. lol

Thanks a ton shadow!

Also, this part in particular caught my attention:

"Naturally, the story will be different between the two. But also the characters you will recruit, their classes, and the maps will be different. In the Byakuya version, it is a more simple and direct story confronting the Kingdom of Anya. And in the Anya version, the story will be changing a country from within. Each of those stories will approach different endings, depending on your choices."

Look at the line I bolded. The way it's worded, and it's context in the larger description, strongly implies that not just will the Nohr and Hoshido paths have different endings, (obviously) but that there are further choices to make beyond just which faction you side with, and these will result in multiple possible endings for each path.

Very interesting. If I'm reading this right, we're getting a lot more than the meaningless choices of Awakening.

Oh yeah, I find it weird, yet funny that even though Ryouma is clearly not wearing anything except his swimsuit in the hot spring, his portrait still shows his helmet. lol

Oh yeah! I totally noticed that before you pointed it out. It's not like I was drooling at the sight of Ryouma! What!? That's ridiculous!

Seriously thank you so much for doing this.

As for the video. "Through streetpass and internet communications, you are able to interact with other players." If you guys need me, I'll be doing the happy dance and praying they don't somehow screw this up.

The rest of the translations were helpful too of course, but that's something I've been really worried about, so it's the big thing for me.

While probably not direct multiplayer, what is this about being able to visit other people's My Castles despite it all being AI? Thats the hint im stoked about.

Rey, thanks for being a national treasure.

Oh yeah! I totally noticed that before you pointed it out. It's not like I was drooling at the sight of Ryouma! What!? That's ridiculous!

Haha, XD I'm good at noticing little details. If I were a Pokemon, my ability would be Keen Eye. :P

I missed a few text boxes.

I put up annotations for them.

Edit: More messup corrections:

"Lord Kamui, you remember me?"

Severa changed her name to Luna

Luna says: You DON'T remember me? instead of You DO remember me?

Edited by shadowofchaos

Thank you once again for all of your hard work, SoC!

My hype levels are reaching astronomical highs right now, I don't think my brain could take any more information. ;A;

If Mozume is indeed a villager, then I'm looking forward to that class returning. There was a pleasant sense of nurturing I always had when raising those units; not to mention whatever they could offer for My Castle. Like, it makes too much sense not to have people with farming skills tend to farming related activities.

Thanks for the quick translation.

I know this is a late observation, but after seeing Oboro in this trailer I think it confirms Oboro as a female if anyone was still on the fence.

Thanks a ton shadow!

Also, this part in particular caught my attention:

"Naturally, the story will be different between the two. But also the characters you will recruit, their classes, and the maps will be different. In the Byakuya version, it is a more simple and direct story confronting the Kingdom of Anya. And in the Anya version, the story will be changing a country from within. Each of those stories will approach different endings, depending on your choices."

Look at the line I bolded. The way it's worded, and it's context in the larger description, strongly implies that not just will the Nohr and Hoshido paths have different endings, (obviously) but that there are further choices to make beyond just which faction you side with, and these will result in multiple possible endings for each path.

Very interesting. If I'm reading this right, we're getting a lot more than the meaningless choices of Awakening.

Saw that too. Having 3 different versions (the trailer said different maps, stories and characters) AND multiple endings? This game will absolutely swallow my life.

Is it me or does Mozume not resemble the typical lancer pose shown by Oboro - she has a pose like Donnel's so she might be an eastern villager

Makes sense.

Otherwise we'd have two female Lancers, which is kinda redundant.

Just ignore the two female Wyvern Riders.... unless Crimson is actually a dude. Hang on a moment...

Saw that too. Having 3 different versions (the trailer said different maps, stories and characters) AND multiple endings? This game will absolutely swallow my life.

Take translation with a grain of salt.

I'm not perfect.

As you can see with me going back and correcting Luna's dialogue.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I just saw something! I dunno how to show this(Damn you, image putting failures!) but if you look at 4:48 to 4:49 in the My Castle video, it shows Hinoka talking to a soldier, saying she will persuade him by telling him about justice(using non-questionable methods, I might add.) so it seems to give us (EDIT:more confirmation) characters can recruit them besides Zero and Orochi.

Edited by DualMix

I just saw something! I dunno how to show this(Damn you, image putting failures!) but if you look at 4:48 to 4:49 in the My Castle video, it shows Hinoka talking to a soldier, saying she will persuade him by telling him about justice(using non-questionable methods, I might add.) so it seems characters can recruit them besides Zero and Orochi.

The Famitsu info from this week explicitly says so, stating that different characters have different means of persuasion. Zero and Orochi are just the only ones who can initially capture them, most likely.