1. 1. Who is the BEST sage in FE7?

• Erk
    • Pent
    • Nino

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nino's my favorite. In terms of best, it's debatable.

Erk has the most availability, Lyn's mode, but generally isn't very good.

Pent is good. A-rank anima and staves, auto-A support (even if Louise isn't great), good bases and good enough growths.

Nino isn't too tough to raise and can easily save your experience rank. She turns out the best of all three.

No vote for Erk. Between Pent and Nino... it's tough for me. They've both saved me in ranked runs in the past. My vote goes to Nino.

Pent. He starts up promoted so he's easy to raise, he doesn't come in extremely early so he doesn't 'steal exp', he turns out good enough, he turns out around as good as Erk. Nino's probably the worst even though she turns out the best because she's hell to raise.

Erk is one of your best offensive characters in the earlygame and has the best offense of all characters in general, and good supports (Pent and Priscilla). He is defenitely the best Sage, and is even among the best 10 characters in the game.

Pent is awesome and sexy, but he can't stand up to Erk's availability and purple hair.

Nino sucks. She's like FE9 Rolf but then with a little more use.

I used Pent on my very first playthough, and he was pretty decent.

My main mage has always been Erk. He's not horrible, He has good availability, and I like his personality.

Nino, I used once and I don't want to go through that again >_>

So, my vote goes to Erk.

Edited by AzNK890

Erk is one of your best offensive characters in the earlygame and has the best offense of all characters in general, and good supports (Pent and Priscilla). He is defenitely the best Sage, and is even among the best 10 characters in the game.

Pent is awesome and sexy, but he can't stand up to Erk's availability and purple hair.

I know where you're coming from here, but Erk is the lazy way out. If you don't bother with Nino, then you won't get to see her awesomeness. Nino, by far, turns out to be the best Sage in the game. You just need patience. But again, you're going on ranked runnings here, and I'm going by stats. So, we're both correct, in our own ways.

Nino, cause I can actually take the time to train her. And I still say she ends up with the best overall stats. Pent is still really good and Erk is kinda hard to train but doesn't end up with the results of Nino.

Nino usually does cap Mag, especially if you use afa's drop(since she comes so low she's a perfect candidate for it.

Agreed with the Afa's drops thing. With it, Nino was able to cap every stat except for defense, which ended up to be 15 (Granted, I think I was RNG blessed on a couple playthroughs)

What always caped for me were: Speed, Skill, and Res (with Mag and Luck a couple points off if not capped).

Pretty much this.

Rolf makes Nino look like Seth. ;)

Nino's stats aren't as good as Erk and Pent's, actually. Besides being severely underleveled, Nino has no supports, while Erk and Pent do. I still adore using Nino, however. <3

Pretty much this.

Rolf makes Nino look like Seth. ;)

Nino's stats aren't as good as Erk and Pent's, actually. Besides being severely underleveled, Nino has no supports, while Erk and Pent do. I still adore using Nino, however. <3

I beg to differ. The Nino outclassed both Pent and Erk (provided, you give her the training) and has a support with Jaffar and Canas.

And Rolf is kick ass.