Best Sage in FE7

DragonBladeSniper

look down  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the BEST sage in FE7?

• Erk
    • Pent
    • Nino

I beg to differ. The Nino outclassed both Pent and Erk (provided, you give her the training) and has a support with Jaffar and Canas.

And Rolf is kick ass.

Though it wrecks Combat and Tactics, and Nino will still be at a much lower level? :o Also, Jaffar sucks and Canas isn't that great, and he already has better options.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though it wrecks Combat and Tactics, and Nino will still be at a much lower level? :o Also, Jaffar sucks and Canas isn't that great, and he already has better options.

Well, personally, I don't care for rank runs. I like both Canas and Jaffar, but I will agree with you with Jaffar. He's decent, but not great. And Canas is the only Druids and I like Druids, so that's favoritism for you.

Nothing kills Combat.

It's easy to keep tactics, even with Nino.

She can easily save experience.

I know where you're coming from here, but Erk is the lazy way out. If you don't bother with Nino, then you won't get to see her awesomeness. Nino, by far, turns out to be the best Sage in the game. You just need patience. But again, you're going on ranked runnings here, and I'm going by stats. So, we're both correct, in our own ways.

Whenever I use Erk, he turn out to be weaker than Pent in any stat(except hp), he is better than Canas in some stat. And Nino, she the strongest of three even without afa's drop but on the gba machine of my brother, I cant get her lv enought for her to be stronger than Pent( on my PC, with the help of save/load state, she max most of the stat). When i have them at their max lv, Nino is the best, Pent the second ang Erk the worst.

Edited by soluuloi

Erk's inferior stats are made up by his incredible availability. Has anyone actually 20/15+'d Nino and still S-ranked HHM? She's good for Exp, but not as an endgame Sage, and clearly not a early- or mid-gamer because she's not even recruited yet.

Erk is one of your best offensive characters in the earlygame and has the best offense of all characters in general, and good supports (Pent and Priscilla). He is defenitely the best Sage, and is even among the best 10 characters in the game.

Pent is awesome and sexy, but he can't stand up to Erk's availability and purple hair.

Nino sucks. She's like FE9 Rolf but then with a little more use.

*gasp* :o Rolf is not bad AT ALL! Rolf is awesome.

Erk rocks.

Nothing kills Combat.

It's easy to keep tactics, even with Nino.

She can easily save experience.

You have to one-round all enemies in 40% of all battles. Considering that in early-game, few characters one-round and Nino two-rounds at best, there's a good chance that she'll damage Combat.

An average of 13 turns a chapter. Raising Nino takes a long time.

You have many other Experience boosters before then. Dart and Canas come to mind, so her small use isn't worth a ton.

It depends on what you mean by "best".

Most helpful at letting you beat the game? Erk. Most helpful at getting an S rank? Either Erk or Pent; it's closer, but it still looks like Erk to me. Most shiny green numbers at max level? Nino.

Edited by Reikken

Dammit, don't turn THIS into a debate as well

This is all for personal experience and favoritism. So if Fox can use Nino and not kill combat, keep tactics and save experience, who's to say she's wrong with how she did it?

This is all for personal experience and favoritism. So if Fox can use Nino and not kill combat, keep tactics and save experience, who's to say she's wrong with how she did it?

Exactly. I don't care if it was just my personal experience; Nino has never let me down, even in a ranked run.

And I have yet to see a Combat rank drop below 5 stars, so that argument will never work on me. Never.

I voted for Pent because he has always been the most reliable for me. Erk's availability is cool, but I've had more negative experiences with him than positive. Average stats mean nothing when you're actually playing the game, unfortunately. I think that many of the master debaters out there exaggerate Nino's supposed worthlessness, but I still don't use her very often (I'm not a huge fan of little girls).

Edited by Ronan

I voted for Pent because he has always been the most reliable for me. Erk's availability is cool, but I've had more negative experiences with him than positive. Average stats mean nothing when you're actually playing the game, unfortunately. I think that many of the master debaters out there exaggerate Nino's supposed worthlessness, but I still don't use her very often (I'm not a huge fan of little girls).

Yeah I agree as well. The purple hair only works with Mia

This is 'best Sage' topic. -_-

Because doing so is incredibly unlikely and probably wasn't HHM.

Using crappy units doesn't make S-ranking impossible; it just makes it a bit harder. Succeeding with a unit doesn't mean it doesn't suck; it just means you're good enough to pull it off.

Also, while I do agree that combat rank is loleasy, you can take advantage of that earlier in the game to up exp rank, nerfing your combat rank to up exp rank (may come at the cost of tactics as well if you do it too excessively), now making exp rank loleasy and making combat the one you don't want to hurt further. Someone being able to help exp in exchange for hurting tactics/combat isn't at all special.

Edited by Reikken

I know that there's the Nino topic but I noticed that they didn't compare Nino with the other Sages all that much. Take EVERYTHING to mind.

that's coming from the guy who created this topic

This is 'best Sage' topic. -_-

Because doing so is incredibly unlikely and probably wasn't HHM.

Ok, so she sucks in HHM (I mean, accordng to you anyway. I never used her in HHM). That's cool with me. In my normal, non-ranked, totally risk free run, she kicked ass :D

A Swordsalmon: Have you even tried training Nino. If you haven't and/or gave up on her, train her to 20/20 and tell me she sucks.

Also: I have yet to take the time to do a rank run, I'm not THAT into the game.

More like 20/5. Or even 20... Not many units are hitting 20/20 anyway, if any at all. In my unranked runs it happens with maybe 2-3 people, and it's only ever been Priscilla in my ranked runs, despite her being the last to promote.

Lol. I'm only doing them now to get them over with. I'm currently on EHM, chapter 13.

More like 20/5. Or even 20... Not many units are hitting 20/20 anyway, if any at all. In my unranked runs it happens with maybe 2-3 people, and it's only ever been Priscilla in my ranked runs, despite her being the last to promote.

Lol. I'm only doing them now to get them over with. I'm currently on EHM, chapter 13.

Cool! I'm passed you!!

Nino no question (Everyone is 20/20)

Have you even lay a finger on Nino when going though HHM run?
Lvl 13 Ninown

Hp: 47

Mag: 28

Skill: 27

Spd: 25

Luck: 24

Def: 10

Res: 24

S in Anima, B in staves

Overall: Pain to raise, but ooooooh so worth it for Cog of Destiny. Her providing a wall with Serra( They could heal each other IF they were damaged) combined with Dart's 100+ avoid, Cog of Destiny stood no chance. I probably could soloed it with them!

HHM Nino. Where is your god now?