Best Sage in FE7

DragonBladeSniper

look down  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the BEST sage in FE7?

• Erk
    • Pent
    • Nino

I didn't say it was a fact. I just said it was more than an opinion. If someone says that Item A will cure cancer, and then has a bunch of tests and facts to support it, that pretty much makes it like a fact.

Then it's a fact that its intention is to cure cancer, but it isn't a fact that it will cure cancer.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which really isn't an opinion. While not a fact, it still isn't an opinion.

In this case, yes. You're right. I normally wouldn't go so in-depth on this, but this subject has been such a problem this week it's annoying the hell out of me.

But, in this case, it's more like an educated guess that it will cure cancer. Which has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

A theory is something that you actually have prior knowledge of. You've tested it or you have facts to support it. With an educated guess, you're just winging it.

Not completely. The "educated" part suggests that you are reasonably sure.

We've pretty much agreed, there's no point continuing on such specifications. The point is, if someone can still think otherwise and not necessarily be wrong, it isn't fact.

Holy fuck... Everyone, just shut up... I'm pretty fucking sure the thread title is MEANT to include "IN YOUR OPINION". If not then I demand it be changed to include that.

I must agree with Raven. Some of us got pretty carried away.

...Note to self, never make a debate topic and leave it unsupervised for a week ever again... I actually just wrote "Best Sage in FE7" and "TAKE EVERYTHING TO ACCOUNT" because I thought that if I didn't then nobody would vote for Nino... Yeah... Can't believe all the trouble that I made with a debate topic... Sorry everyone...

...Note to self, never make a debate topic and leave it unsupervised for a week ever again... I actually just wrote "Best Sage in FE7" and "TAKE EVERYTHING TO ACCOUNT" because I thought that if I didn't then nobody would vote for Nino... Yeah... Can't believe all the trouble that I made with a debate topic... Sorry everyone...

it's cool. Most of us knew what you meant. You have a knack for starting long debate topics...

Don't worry about it. To be honest it was a little entertaining after a while.

it's cool. Most of us knew what you meant. You have a knack for starting long debate topics...

... *hides list of new long debate topics*

@ BrandedBlade

I enjoy reading debates XD. It's good entertainment while I'm burning doing my homework.

Edited by DragonBladeSniper

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Nino ain't going to hit anywhere near a level 20 Sage without huge amount of babying. There aren't any arena's left to abuse and its pretty silly to feed every enemies + babying to Nino when you should be more worrying about getting your primary units up to level 20/20. Also, you hardly get a Guiding Ring between the chapters where Nino is available.

Mine Trick in Cog Of Destiny is the way to go to train her without much babying, because some reinforcements will still come Armed.

lol like average stats matter since Nino won't get to level 20/20 Sage. And way the go on ignoring my other posts.

With the Mine Trick, you can.

Okay fine have it your way. Lets debate through personal experience vs. personal experience since debating though average means nothing to you guys. Here are my Erk and Pent that always turn out better than Nino through my personal experience. And I did not hack, cheated, and/or RNG abuse when playing this game.

dgemucom0979fireemblemreo0.png

dgemucom0979fireemblemrjq7.png

Even I know that this has to be done by RNG abuse.

-----

Pent. He gets A Rank in Staves and Anima level. You surely don't want to accidently get his Staff level at S, as there aren't any S level staves, and that Pent will not be able to use the Excalibur tome either. You cannot get multiple S level like you could in FE6. Already starts with A support with Louise. Great if you are planning on using her. Don't try to kill her off to make support space room. I've tried this, and if you do..both Louise and Pent will leave your party, and you certainly do not want that. Erk gets the most availibility, but he has a high chance in getting screwed, Nino joins too late to be of any use in staves. Pent is the only decent unit in the game. But you do have enough time to try out Erk until you get Pent. If he gets screwed, use only Pent. Nino is only good for the EXP rank, but can risk lowering your Tactics ranking.

I'd have to go with Pent here. I tried using Erk, but he wound up getting screwed every time I used him, so I usually just ditched him for Pent later. And besides, Nino comes too late and at too low a level for her to be of any use whatsoever.

Nino. Period. I thought she was the most interesting out of all of them, being a former Black Fang and all of that fun stuff. Plus, she has like, the best stats in the game, the only growths that come anywhere close to hers are Oswin's, and Oswin is pretty much always in my link team with her.

Her cap in magic is higher than all of the other sages too (30 compared to.. 28 I thinks?). Her really only downside is her health and defense (both of which are terrible on the growths).

Also, she's the only girl out of the three, so, she definitely wins, right?

~KaiserPhoenix

Seriously, guys, how do you even consider Pent winning? Erk has possibly the best earlygame offense (at least his offense is better than most of your other guys), hits resistance, has pretty sweet supports, always 1-2 range, can heal upon promotion, is awesome from the moment he joins, etc.

Pent has some of the same things, such as healing and hitting resistance, but you can't say he has the best earlygame offense (not even the best offense when he joins), nor can you say he has sweet supports (lol A Louise that never matters and then a maximum of B someone else). He's good from the moment he joins, but not as awesome as Erk was in his first few chapters.

Seriously, guys, how do you even consider Pent winning? Erk has possibly the best earlygame offense (at least his offense is better than most of your other guys), hits resistance, has pretty sweet supports, always 1-2 range, can heal upon promotion, is awesome from the moment he joins, etc.

Pent has some of the same things, such as healing and hitting resistance, but you can't say he has the best earlygame offense (not even the best offense when he joins), nor can you say he has sweet supports (lol A Louise that never matters and then a maximum of B someone else). He's good from the moment he joins, but not as awesome as Erk was in his first few chapters.

I think part of it is his A staff level. Aside from Renault, he's the only character that comes with a staff level so high. He's also fairly durable and has better Con for wielding Elfire, as well as not needing a promotion item. Plus, my Erk's have never turned out great, but that's just me.

Still though, I think actual supports (A/B or B/B, whatever he'll have) >> A staves which Erk can achieve as well and not needing a promotion item, since Funds is a damn easy rank anyway. As for the Con, Erk has enough speed to be doubling with Elfire as well. Supports + Pwning during the entire game > Pwning during the last half of the game

Still though, I think actual supports (A/B or B/B, whatever he'll have) >> A staves which Erk can achieve as well and not needing a promotion item, since Funds is a damn easy rank anyway. As for the Con, Erk has enough speed to be doubling with Elfire as well. Supports + Pwning during the entire game > Pwning during the last half of the game

I don't think Erk is reaching A staves quite so easily, but I don't use him often, so what do I know? Although Louise isn't good, Pent support does make her usable, and helps him as well. Perhaps Erk is better the way you see it, but I've always been able to rely on Pent more.