Best Sage in FE7

DragonBladeSniper

look down  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the BEST sage in FE7?

• Erk
    • Pent
    • Nino

I don't think Erk is reaching A staves quite so easily, but I don't use him often, so what do I know? Although Louise isn't good, Pent support does make her usable, and helps him as well. Perhaps Erk is better the way you see it, but I've always been able to rely on Pent more.

Meh. Don't think so. She still has bad stats and is locked to bows. Her only use might be instant 2 range, which will prevent you from making mistakes like putting her somewhere at the front lines since she could also attack from 1 range with a Javelin or something.

Supports > No _good_ supports.

And Erk still owns for the entire game, while Pent owns for only the last half of the game.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A staves which Erk can achieve as well

How? Not in a ranked run I'm sure, I'm having trouble even getting to C there, and it takes serious healspamming to get to D alone.

I agree Erk > Pent though.

Nino, but in case you don't want to raise her then go for Pent.

Is there any logic used to come up with this statement? You're basically saying the worst is the best, and if you don't want to raise the worst you should use the second best. The best Sage is never mentioned...

Is there any logic used to come up with this statement? You're basically saying the worst is the best, and if you don't want to raise the worst you should use the second best. The best Sage is never mentioned...

/facepalm

She's NOT the worse, I would have to say she's the best stat wise out of all of them (as I've said in another thread, all of the other sages max out at 28 magic, she's the only sage and the only other character in the game aside Canas who gets 30 magic, which she EASILY gets) and her other growths are badass (aside her Defense, health, and the unfortunate constitution). So, you saying she's the worse character is unjustified, at best. The major thing she has going against her is the fact that she's only available for the last what... 10 or so chapters? Even so, she's worth getting maxed out simply because she owns the face off of anyone who gets in her way *shrugs* just saying.

~KaiserPhoenix

P.S. I personally raise Erk and never use Pent, for the record.

Yeah, 20/20 stats indeed show Nino as the best sage, but Nino joins tons later (than Erk, at least) and is at a massive level disadvantage (which means she's almost a necessity for the experience rank, but that doesn't mean she becomes better than Erk and Pent). She's not going to reach that 20/20, nor will she reach 10/20, before you bring that up :/

Yeah, 20/20 stats indeed show Nino as the best sage, but Nino joins tons later (than Erk, at least) and is at a massive level disadvantage (which means she's almost a necessity for the experience rank, but that doesn't mean she becomes better than Erk and Pent). She's not going to reach that 20/20, nor will she reach 10/20, before you bring that up :/

Funny, I always get my Nino to 20/20... odd. On top of that, I said she joins later in the game, did I not? I think she's worth raising, my own opinion, maybe not yours, but it is mine. I definitely feel she's an irreplaceable powerhouse spot in my team.

~KaiserPhoenix

Yeah, I also always got Karla to be the best unit in the game <_<

In other words, personal experience shouldn't be used to discuss such things. I didn't say Nino sucks, since she's almost a necessity for the EXP rank, but Pent and Erk are simply better, due to having level leads and thus superior stats, and owning things for a longer time than Nino does.

Yeah, I also always got Karla to be the best unit in the game <_<

In other words, personal experience shouldn't be used to discuss such things. I didn't say Nino sucks, since she's almost a necessity for the EXP rank, but Pent and Erk are simply better, due to having level leads and thus superior stats, and owning things for a longer time than Nino does.

/sigh

She is better for team battles too, I simply don't say that because I figure me quoting stats shoulda been enough indication. Plus, this IS a personal opinion thread, not and you aren't stating anything that isn't your own personal experience as well.

If we go off stats, Nino is the best. If we go off of how long you get said character for, Erk would win. If you go off who's the the highest(when you get them), Pent would win. Thusly, anything could constitute "the best" and "the best" in most of all cases is a matter of opinion rather than facts.

~KaiserPhoenix

I am simply gonna edit this one, because I am tired of this stupid argument, (which is borderline trolling) and I am just going to put out there that I think you're wrong on most levels, but I don't really care anymore, this topic is dead to me, and I am moving on.

Edited by KaiserPhoenix

/sigh

She is better for team battles too, I simply don't say that because I figure me quoting stats shoulda been enough indication. Plus, this IS a personal opinion thread, not and you aren't stating anything that isn't your own personal experience as well.

If we go off stats, Nino is the best. If we go off of how long you get said character for, Erk would win. If you go off who's the the highest(when you get them), Pent would win. Thusly, anything could constitute "the best" and "the best" in most of all cases is a matter of opinion rather than facts.

~KaiserPhoenix

Nothing I said was personal experience. On average, Erk and Pent are indeed better due to their level leads. And indeed, Nino is almost necessary for the EXP rank due to it being a massive bitch.

If we go off stats, Erk is the best, since he has awesome stats all the time he exists, which is almost the entire game. Pent has awesome stats for 10 or so less chapters. Nino has awesome stats in the last few chapters. Seems like an easy victory for Erk, if you ask me -_-

"the best" usually means "most useful throughout the entire game", unless stated otherwise. As such, that's simply what I assume.

Pfeh, it's just annoying that common sense seems to be a very rare thing these days <_<

Well, when an individual:

-Doesn't care about ranks

-Doesn't mind babying

-Enjoys raising a weak unit to become awesome

Nino actually is very good. I wouldn't ever try arguing to say she's better because of how I see things, but that's just how I view it, and that's why I see Nino as a good character.

That's what I mean. Even on non-ranked runs, Erk is owning longer than Pent, who is owning longer than Nino.

Indeed, where's the common sense these days...

That's what I mean. Even on non-ranked runs, Erk is owning longer than Pent, who is owning longer than Nino.

Indeed, where's the common sense these days...

Why is it not common sense to think Nino is good? My personal judgment is based more on how a unit turns out than how they start, and my Erk's are consistently screwed, so, as a result, I see Nino as better. Just because it's not the debating way doesn't mean it makes no sense.

Whoa! Common sense and personal experience are two entirely different things.

And the topic title clearly asks for the BEST sage, and that's Erk, whether the playthrough is ranked or not.

And if personal experience would be a factor in determining which one is the best, then the topic title would have to be changed to "best sage in FE7 with some of them being screwed while the other is not".

As you hopefully realize, that's not going to work out either :/

Whoa! Common sense and personal experience are two entirely different things.

And the topic title clearly asks for the BEST sage, and that's Erk, whether the playthrough is ranked or not.

And if personal experience would be a factor in determining which one is the best, then the topic title would have to be changed to "best sage in FE7 with some of them being screwed while the other is not".

As you hopefully realize, that's not going to work out either :/

I clearly stated it was my personal preference and judgment. I'm not trying to prove anything, as I said with:

I wouldn't ever try arguing to say she's better because of how I see things,

"Best" is rather subjective anyway. In this case it would generally mean "most useful for the longest amount of time" but not everyone will see it that way.

Why is it not common sense to think Nino is good?

Well, it's common in a sense that every youtube moron thinks Nino is amazing :P

As I said, I personally don't care if others think Nino is good. Use what you like and like what you like. And as long as you're going to be consistent with your standards, even if me/tiers/whatever disagrees with them, then whatever.

But I personally see "best" as "most useful throughout the game". And I also happen to think that Nino is better off in ranked than in unranked (like all underleveled units, pretty much).

Someone has failed to read through some of the last posts <_<

Yeah, I'm indeed pointing at you, zeldafreak007.

While it's highly recommended, there's no requirement to actually read or take in any of the prior posts in the topic ^^;;;

An example that's streatching it a bit would be a Fire Emblem "club" topic on a mainstream site. It would probably have hundreds of pages and not all of it's going to be relevant to what you're going to post (which is probably "I love Fire Emblem", but regardless...).

Edited by VincentASM

I realize that, but I hope you also see where I'm coming from, since it's highly annoying to see such posts after it has been explained (multiple) times that Erk > Pent > Nino :(