Best Sage in FE7

DragonBladeSniper

look down  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the BEST sage in FE7?

• Erk
    • Pent
    • Nino

I realize that, but I hope you also see where I'm coming from, since it's highly annoying to see such posts after it has been explained (multiple) times that Erk > Pent > Nino :(

Mekkah's post is a good example. People will have differing opinions regardless of what is "proven."

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize that, but I hope you also see where I'm coming from, since it's highly annoying to see such posts after it has been explained (multiple) times that Erk > Pent > Nino

Don't worry I understand. However, sometimes it's like preaching religion to people. Basically, not everyone's going to agree with you.

It's worse when you have close-minded people arguing back at you though.

Hmm, that didn't sound right, but I'm assuming you know what I mean ^^;;;;;

Edited by VincentASM

Mekkah's post is a good example. People will have differing opinions regardless of what is "proven."

True. However, I'm STATING that Erk > Pent > Nino and even explain it, and then I get a response that doesn't seem opinionated in anyway telling that Nino > Pent > Erk

That's... fairly annoying to me, really.

Hmm, that didn't sound right, but I'm assuming you know what I mean ^^;;;;;

I do indeed know what you mean. Don't worry.

Edited by Tino

True. However, I'm STATING that Erk > Pent > Nino and even explain it, and then I get a response that doesn't seem opinionated in anyway telling that Nino > Pent > Erk

That's... fairly annoying to me, really.

I understand how you feel, but just because a post doesn't clearly spell out "This is my opinion!" doesn't mean that person is trying to state a known fact, especially one from a person who had just entered the topic. Now, I don't know if he was trying to state factual evidence or opinion, but it doesn't mean you should just decide for yourself and post a rebuttal.

I assume he stated his own opinion, but if I disagree with something that's stated, I am allowed to argue against it, no? Or is freedom of speech non-existent all of a sudden?

I assume he stated his own opinion, but if I disagree with something that's stated, I am allowed to argue against it, no? Or is freedom of speech non-existent all of a sudden?

That's not what I said, or it's not what I meant anyway. I suppose I'm just saying you should try to not get so worked up over someone disagreeing with you. I know it can be frustrating, I've been there, we've all been there, but it happens.

Mine Trick in Cog Of Destiny is the way to go to train her without much babying, because some reinforcements will still come Armed.

With the Mine Trick, you can.

Even I know that this has to be done by RNG abuse.

-----

Pent. He gets A Rank in Staves and Anima level. You surely don't want to accidently get his Staff level at S, as there aren't any S level staves, and that Pent will not be able to use the Excalibur tome either. You cannot get multiple S level like you could in FE6. Already starts with A support with Louise. Great if you are planning on using her. Don't try to kill her off to make support space room. I've tried this, and if you do..both Louise and Pent will leave your party, and you certainly do not want that. Erk gets the most availibility, but he has a high chance in getting screwed, Nino joins too late to be of any use in staves. Pent is the only decent unit in the game. But you do have enough time to try out Erk until you get Pent. If he gets screwed, use only Pent. Nino is only good for the EXP rank, but can risk lowering your Tactics ranking.

*facepalm*

Glitches don't count in a debate. Why do you keep saying stuff like this?

And as for the picture this is my h4x FE7 Japanese rom. That was a sarcasm point. I was proving a point that Personal Experience means nothing. <_<

Quit trying to be smart.

Meh. Even when such abuse would count and be a valid point, it's easily countered by the fact that you could've used the Mine for other things which help the team more.

Then they're wrong. :P

But just to add to the topic brought up here, while people having there opinions is all well and good, it doesn't really mean that it can't be argued. As I've said in the past, if it's my opinion that black people are, down to a man, stupid and wrong with 2 foot penises, my opinion is WRONG.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the whole "It's my opinion", or anything regarding opinion needs to be left out of things. Opinion is a funny thing, so don't hide behind it. I do understand the point about how people sometimes just don't get it though. :D

If anybody asks, then I'll tell you guys now, I enjoy arguing about things, so that's why I'll attack these things (plus, I like people to be enlightened).

And as hopefully everyone is aware now, Erk>Pent>Nino.

Then they're wrong. :P

But just to add to the topic brought up here, while people having there opinions is all well and good, it doesn't really mean that it can't be argued. As I've said in the past, if it's my opinion that black people are, down to a man, stupid and wrong with 2 foot penises, my opinion is WRONG.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the whole "It's my opinion", or anything regarding opinion needs to be left out of things. Opinion is a funny thing, so don't hide behind it. I do understand the point about how people sometimes just don't get it though. :D

If anybody asks, then I'll tell you guys now, I enjoy arguing about things, so that's why I'll attack these things (plus, I like people to be enlightened).

And as hopefully everyone is aware now, Erk>Pent>Nino.

Continuing to call opinions wrong, eh? I've explained my side of things before, I have no reason to do it again. Opinions are a funny thing; I think you're the one that isn't quite getting it.

That's not an opinion, that's a conception. An opinion is what you think about something, not what you think something is.

That's not an opinion, that's a conception. An opinion is what you think about something, not what you think something is.

But people keep using a conception and CALLING it an opinion. I'm going by what they're saying. :D

@Fox: Perhaps its not that I'm saying the opinion is wrong, simply that people seem to claim opinion here as a means of defense. That is to say, instead of actually backing up their claims, they yell opinion. But that hasn't happened lately. Anything can be explained objectively, sometimes its just hard to do. And sometimes the explanation is that the said thing is incorrect or flawed. :P

In terms of usefulness, Nino far and away surpasses either Erk or Pent. I like Pent's character better, however.

How is Nino even close to the usefullness of Erk or Pent? Erk is the only good offensive magic user for most the game and is killing enemies better than most characters. Pent has auto A in both Anima and Light, with fantastic bases.

Or is Nino's EXP rank benefits suddenly making her good? :o

How is Nino even close to the usefullness of Erk or Pent? Erk is the only good offensive magic user for most the game and is killing enemies better than most characters. Pent has auto A in both Anima and Light, with fantastic bases.

And we care about ranks why?

So are you intentionally forgetting her growths or what? I'll make a correction, though. I should have said that in terms of ability Nino trumps Erk and Pent, hands down. I was wrong in using "usefulness."

Nino is the best Sage....due to her age....

She's teh youngest of the three and she seems to develop faster than any normal magic mage user in the game.

I've leveled her up to 13 Sage...

I just wished she was able to face her step-mother(Sonia) then....It would be a righteous match...

Edited by EliSoul

So are you intentionally forgetting her growths or what? I'll make a correction, though. I should have said that in terms of ability Nino trumps Erk and Pent, hands down. I was wrong in using "usefulness."

Nino also joins near the end of the game with awful bases. Her growths barely compensate, as Erk and Pent will of been at a much higher level with better stats at join.

Even when promoted, Erk and Pent retain their massive level lead.

You might not, but a character being GOOD is based on Ranks, because Ranks represent a reasonable and intentional aiming point for completion.

To YOU

Anyway, I only use Nino on the few times I AA for the hell of it, otherwise, too much hassle.

Edited by Zeldafreak007