• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Character growth rates:

HP S/M Skl Spd Lck Def Res Total Person

65 40 40 50 30 20 40 285 Erk

50 30 20 40 40 30 35 245 Pent

55 50 55 60 45 15 50 330 Nino

As you can see, Nino beats them both out in almost everything. Her defense growth isn't good and is 10 behind Erk in HP. And Afa's drops makes her growths all-the-better since she comes after the drops.

My view on the matter of PEMN hasn't changed as a result of this conversation.

Wow. Are you really this much of an idiot, or do you like behaving as such? Gulcasa was showing you and the other's utter lunacy of Personal Experience in debates by giving out personal playthrough stats. Just because he's your opponent gives you no right to claim your experiences are worth more.

I swear, you are the most hypocritical fool I've ever had the shame to discuss Fire Emblem with. Yes, I've seen these types of debates from each perspective for quite a couple years. And go ahead and punish me for flaming, but please look at things correctly for once.

I'm not, I'm stating whats right through my personal experience.

But seriously, what is PEMN, is it Pokemon?

I love you. <3

PEMN means 'Personal Experience Means Nothing'. Best way to shoot down arguments here. ^_^

Wow. Are you really this much of an idiot, or do you like behaving as such? Gulcasa was showing you and the other's utter lunacy of Personal Experience in debates by giving out personal playthrough stats. Just because he's your opponent gives you no right to claim your experiences are worth more.

I swear, you are the most hypocritical fool I've ever had the shame to discuss Fire Emblem with. Yes, I've seen these types of debates from each perspective for quite a couple years. And go ahead and punish me for flaming, but please look at things correctly for once.

I love you. <3

You don't know my view on the matter. Don't be thinking you do. I know how I think and I can assure you I'm not being hypocritical. I'm not even the one who started the personal experience thing in this thread.

Character growth rates:

HP S/M Skl Spd Lck Def Res Total Person

65 40 40 50 30 20 40 285 Erk

50 30 20 40 40 30 35 245 Pent

55 50 55 60 45 15 50 330 Nino

As you can see, Nino beats them both out in almost everything. Her defense growth isn't good and is 10 behind Erk in HP. And Afa's drops makes her growths all-the-better since she comes after the drops.

Didn't notice this...

Point being?

Name HP Mag Skl Spd Def Res Lck Con

Nino 41 | 25 | 27 | 26 | 12 | 25 | 25 | 4

Pent 40 | 22 | 24 | 23 | 15 | 21 | 20 | 8

Erk 46 | 21 | 21 | 25 | 13 | 22 | 14 | 6

Going by Statwise at level 20/20 Nino is probably the best, but she joins 5 chapters from the end of the game with an insanely low level. Pent also wins for healing utility, con, and defense. Res isn't the most important of stats, and 1 HP does nothing ninety-nine times out of one hundred. 3 speed is only good when Nino uses Fire, otherwise Pent catches up in both attack and AS.

The "best" title can only be given to someone who is good for more than the final chapter.

Edited by Gulcasa

Didn't notice this...

Point being?

Name HP Mag Skl Spd Def Res Lck Con

Nino 41 | 25 | 27 | 26 | 12 | 25 | 25 | 4

Pent 40 | 22 | 24 | 23 | 15 | 21 | 20 | 8

Erk 46 | 21 | 21 | 25 | 13 | 22 | 14 | 6

Statwise at level 20/20 Nino is the best, but she joins 5 chapters from the end of the game with an insanely low level. Pent also wins for healing utility, con, and defense. Res isn't the most important of stats, and 1 HP does nothing ninety-nine times out of one hundred. 3 speed is only good when Nino uses Fire, otherwise Pent catches up in both attack and AS.

The "best" title can only be given to someone who is good for more than the final chapter.

1st bold: YES! Honestly, that's what I look for and was going for. Heh, got you to admit something. I won't rub it in. But...

2nd Bold: I'm going to agree with you.

Look, it's really a preference thing. Erk sucked for me when I first used him and it turned me off to mages in FE7. Pent was good for when I was noobish (and ya know, still is with what you put after the first bold). But I just fell in love with how Nino turned out and ended up being my best character (I think... oh yeah, apparently PEMN). Whatever, I like Nino, you don't. She's best stat wise and growth wise, but not around long enough.

How was that, we good?

The reason why I said that is because I feel sorry for Nino since I probably have intentionally stated somewhere that Nino is the worst unit in the entire game which I didn't to begin with. The main point is Pent is still the best by far.

Edited by Gulcasa

She's best stat wise

This can be proven otherwise with simply, raw stats, no battle stats, enemy stats, supports or whatever.

When Nino joins.

5/0 Nino: 19 HP, 7 Mag, 8 Skl, 11 Spd, 10 Luck, 4 Def, 7 Res, 3 Con, 5 Move

??/8 Pent: 34 HP, 19 Mag, 21 Skl, 18 Spd, 15 Luck, 12 Def, 17 Res, 8 Con, 6 Move

20/8 Erk: 38 HP, 16 Mag, 16 Skl, 20 Spd, 11 Luck, 10 Def, 17 Res, 6 Con, 6 Move

Nino gets pwnd horrribly statwise.

This can be proven otherwise with simply, raw stats, no battle stats, enemy stats, supports or whatever.

When Nino joins.

??/8 Pent: 34 HP, 19 Mag, 21 Skl, 18 Spd, 15 Luck, 12 Def, 17 Res, 8 Con, 6 Move

Seriously what is with you and always having to bring in "proof" or stats to make your words a "fact?" ITS AN OPINION HENCE THE REASON ITS A DAMN POLL. Its obviously based off of personal experience!

It says "Best Sage", which means it's a debate which means you'll have to prove your points. I just proved someone else's point wrong.

I know it says "best sage", but here in SF that means personal opinion. So it's without the use of stats, averages and whatnot unless that's the reason you like them. But no one is wrong with who the say they like the best

But I still say Pent because of his anima and staff level, and his pretty good stats for being a prepromote and his hot wife

I know that there's the Nino topic but I noticed that they didn't compare Nino with the other Sages all that much. Take EVERYTHING to mind

Just a refresher

DBS should've put IYO

Edited by CGV

When Nino joins.

I never judge by raw stats (most of the time). She sucks when you get her (kinky), but she is the best end game wise... except for her staff level, but I always have a staff user anyway *coughPriscillacough*. By best stat-wise, I meant growth and endgame, not raw, dumbass. Therefore, you sid not prove my point wrong.

I know it says "best sage", but here in SF that means personal opinion. So it's without the use of stats, averages and whatnot unless that's the reason you like them. But no one is wrong with who the say they like the best

But I still say Pent because of his anima and staff level, and his pretty good stats for being a prepromote and his hot wife

Just a refresher

DBS should've put IYO

then frikin put FAVORITE

Swordsalmon, I don't appreciate you calling Fox an idiot or a fool. She's far from any of those things.

But on topic:

If you use Erk from the beginning, then he will be using experience just like every other unit that's being used.

But, if you don't use Erk and reserve a spot for Nino, then everyone else gets the experience Erk would be getting, making them stronger. Now, by the time you do get Nino, everyone's a bit stronger than how they would be if you had used Erk. Nino stealing the kills in the Gaiden chapter after recruiting her balances it out, and by the end of the chapter, everyone is on the same levels they would be on had you used Erk throughout the game instead of Nino.

I love you. <3

PEMN means 'Personal Experience Means Nothing'. Best way to shoot down arguments here. ^_^

A mistake. You made one.

*Cracks knuckles*

A big one. :angry:

Swordsalmon, I don't appreciate you calling Fox an idiot or a fool. She's far from any of those things.

But on topic:

If you use Erk from the beginning, then he will be using experience just like every other unit that's being used.

But, if you don't use Erk and reserve a spot for Nino, then everyone else gets the experience Erk would be getting, making them stronger. Now, by the time you do get Nino, everyone's a bit stronger than how they would be if you had used Erk. Nino stealing the kills in the Gaiden chapter after recruiting her balances it out, and by the end of the chapter, everyone is on the same levels they would be on had you used Erk throughout the game instead of Nino.

except that you're out an attacker the whole game. You effectively lose a unit slot until Nino joins.

except that you're out an attacker the whole game. You effectively lose a unit slot until Nino joins.

As much as that's true, it isn't any sort of hindrance at all. I did this for my first HHM run (it wasn't ranked) and all the units I was using were more than capable of handling themselves. Nino greatly boosted my output when she came along.