1. 1. Who is the BEST sage in FE7?

• Erk
    • Pent
    • Nino

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop making it sound like all of us play for ranks.

Where, pray tell, did I make it sound like everyone plays for ranks? The "some" in my post that you bolded an underlined implies that not everyone plays for ranks. Besides, just because some people prefer not to play for ranks doesn't mean others can't discuss them.

Edited by Gustave

"THIS CHARACTER IS BAD FOR THE COMBAT RANK"

"THE OCEAN SEAL KILLS YOUR FUNDS RANKS. THERFORE DART SUCKS GIGANTIC HAIRY GORILLA BALLS"

Yeah, not basing off ranks at all huh? <_<

You didn't, but many do.

Edited by Zeldafreak007

Not to people who don't play for ranks.

God this argument is getting nowhere.

No, for a bazillion reasons.

One, the Ranks are usually things that help you anyway. Two, they provide a standard which you can measure characters against. A character who is good at doing something HARDER > a character who isn't. You can't get around that.

Growths don't make a character, or we'd be having FE6 Karel > Lance, no?

Growths don't matter a dipshit, in fact. What matters is how you perform at combat at one point. 20/1 Nino is still only as good as base level Pent, except she's about that level in Victory or Death rather than on Unfulfilled Heart, and with an E in staves and no supports. If you'd put their performances in curves, you would see Erk and Pent being good for a loooong time, with Erk improving over time, and Pent slightly improving (due to their growths), then at some point Nino's curve appears at rock bottom and improves faster, but only manages to match Erk/Pent's stats in the endgame.

Here, I drew it for you.

http://www.imagenerd.com/uploads/curve-IQPgr.jpg

And I think I was being nice with Nino's curve.

Edited by Mekkah

In the game Pent and Erk are better off because they seem more experienced and we are more familiar and trusting on them....

But think about it...

Nino is younger and after the game finishes, she will obviously grow even stronger...

The highest level I ever got on her was a level 13 Sage...

And she was already dominating-ly stronger than Pent & Erk..

Nino is younger...and should have lived longer (since we find out that she disappeared and never showed up in FE6)

I don't care about the game's stats...i care about the individual source..."her capability.."

Nino is the youngest...maybe that is why she is not seen as "the best"...but she will be the best if we ever got to see her abilities when she reaches Lord Pent's age...

I vote for Erk, because i get to take the 'ijustgotthisgame2daysagoandihavntgottenfarenoughtousepentorninoyet factor' into play. :D

EDIT: Now that I got Pent, I regret voting for erk.

Edited by Reinfleche