6/13 Miraculous ___ in Smash Leak

Crimson Red

Reggie is out to kill.

No, more like Sakurai's having his revenge.

BccGd0W.jpg

Anyway, I hearby declare Roy's new design to be what I imagine his Master Lord look to be. Because FE6 didn't give him a new sprite when he promoted.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been out of the house all day and come home to this amazing leak. His moveset looks different enough to not be a straight up clone like Lucina and I'm so excited for that! Roy was my main back in Melee and I was sad he was left behind but now with him back I can pick up my old friend once again! I'm also really digging the design of him, like others have said he looks like the original Roy mixed with Awakening Roy.

I've never played a Street Fighter game so I dont have much to say about Ryu but I think its pretty cool that he's in the game, from the video of Ryu's moves and whatnot he looks like he could be a pretty fun character to play

Edited by Poledoo

Thanks, kingddd! Roy and Ryu really look complete! Can't wait to download them tomorrow!

I've noticed (not in the particular video kingddd linked) that Lucas' distance traveled after hitting himself with PK Thunder is quite far, at least to me. I'm not sure if it was always like that... but it looks a farther distance than before!

I think it's always been further than Ness', but I agree this seems a rather greater distance than before.

Edited by Euklyd

He's had 14 years to buff himself since melee. Still nowhere near Ike level yet.

Yeah, if Roy wants to be Ike level strength, the only way he'd do that is to train under the man himself. Ike could definitely teach him some cool things too. ;3

Edited by Anacybele

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSnrlmjB4MM

for those that missed the stream. Here is a condensed video of it.

Thanks for sharing that. Man does Ryu look awesome as a Street Fighter fan I'm really impressed with how well Nintendo represented him he looks like he has the majority of his moves they even included his Joudan Soutageri as his side smash and that Focus punch though and the stun effect. Its cool that they included both of his Ultra combos as well his Metsu Shoryuken and Metsu Hadouken. I did notice that when the DLC characters were being played the health meter was for Mario probably doesn't mean anything but its whatever.

Oh and Roy and Lucas look nice too. Roy looks different than Marth enough and even his Final smash has the effect from FE6 so kudos on that.

[spoiler=Roy's alts]LFPLmTD.png

I think I've deduced what each alt has taken inspiration from

Red - Enemy unit

Green - Ally unit

Purple - Zephiel

Blue - Player unit

Black - I think it's inspired by Perceval; the cape and the black armour with gold trimmings suggests this

Pink - This one I have no idea, though my initial impression said Sophia. Her portrait in-game is a lot more pink

Gold - Was originally in Melee

Wasn't Zephiel having a colour like the 6th skin has ?

Okay... here's what I don't get about Ryu.

We all know Sakurai hates competitive Smash Bros. with a burning passion,... yet he adds a character with a bunch of advanced inputs that increase the effectiveness of his moves.

What happened to him not wanting a bunch of skill barriers that would "turn people away from the game"?

...Unless Ryu is deliberately really powerful and won't be nerfed, as an "F.U" to the community.

I really don't like what they've done, in case you haven't inferred that by now.

We all know Sakurai hates competitive Smash Bros. with a burning passion,... yet he adds a character with a bunch of advanced inputs that increase the effectiveness of his moves.

What happened to him not wanting a bunch of skill barriers that would "turn people away from the game"?

...Unless Ryu is deliberately really powerful and won't be nerfed, as an "F.U" to the community.

I really don't like what they've done, in case you haven't inferred that by now.

I'm assuming it's just a way to make him unique but don't ask me. Shulk's kind of like that but to a lesser extent, in terms of he's a character that you have to micromanage.

Wasn't Zephiel having a colour like the 6th skin has ?

No, I don't think so

Err, Sakurai doesn't hate competitive Smash "with a burning passion"; he creates Smash Bros. for everyone to enjoy, not just for people who wish to play the game at a high-level. Hell, the man was apparently really good at Street Fighter II. As for Ryu's advanced inputs, I think it's rather genius. I mean, Smash Bros. effectively owes its existence to Street Fighter II--the game that practically created the fighting game genre as we know it. One could call Ryu Mr. Fighting Game himself. Street Fighter is renowned for its precise and difficult inputs. Giving Ryu these precise inputs represents Ryu and the franchise he comes from better--something that Sakurai aims to do with any character

No, I don't think so

Err, Sakurai doesn't hate competitive Smash "with a burning passion"; he creates Smash Bros. for everyone to enjoy, not just for people who wish to play the game at a high-level. Hell, the man was apparently really good at Street Fighter II. As for Ryu's advanced inputs, I think it's rather genius. I mean, Smash Bros. effectively owes its existence to Street Fighter II--the game that practically created the fighting game genre as we know it. One could call Ryu Mr. Fighting Game himself. Street Fighter is renowned for its precise and difficult inputs. Giving Ryu these precise inputs represents Ryu and the franchise he comes from better--something that Sakurai aims to do with any character

Yet at the same time, making a character effectively more powerful than alot of others just seems strange.

Also,... have you seen Sakurai? He recently joked that he cut Ice Climbers to tick off Melee fans, and even more recently said that the competitive fanbase should just pack up and move to other fighting games. While "burning passion" is a bit of an exaggeration, he's far from embracing them with open arms, or even offering much respect for them.

Yet at the same time, making a character effectively more powerful than alot of others just seems strange.

Also,... have you seen Sakurai? He recently joked that he cut Ice Climbers to tick off Melee fans, and even more recently said that the competitive fanbase should just pack up and move to other fighting games. While "burning passion" is a bit of an exaggeration, he's far from embracing them with open arms, or even offering much respect for them.

I think it's the stress getting to him. When you work super overtime all week for multiple years on this game, and when it comes out people shadow it under Melee, you'd probably be a little upset. I think the jokes are a way for him to not care about comparing his games to the other ones.

We can't say that for sure yet

I actually haven't heard him joke about the Ice Climbers--could you give me a source? He said when the 3DS version came out that they were cut because they couldn't be implemented into the 3DS version. Also, he said the competitive fanbase's overall playstyle is a "waste", specifically the way they chuck out low-risk moves, and rarely using the more high-risk, high-reward moves. From what I read of that interview, it sounds like he's more displeased with how they play competitively, not necessarily the fact that there is a competitive scene for the game. Moving to other fighting games... I don't particularly have an opinion on that, so I won't comment on it

Anyways, Sakurai's opinion on the competitive scene is not exactly relevant to the topic. I'd be happy to continue that discussion in PMs, if you want

Edited by DodgeDusk

I thought Roy's red and green alts were based on the traditional cavalier pair of the same colors...

It's more likely that it's based off enemy/ally/player character colours. It would also explain the inclusion of a blue alt.