New Class Introduction Videos!

rmodz

Personally, I just went with Priest and Mountain Priest for the male healer classes. I honestly can't even begin to guess what their official NOA or even NOJ names will be.

But this way, you get a sort of symmetry with the female classes:

Priest/Priestess

Mountain Priest/War Priestess

As for Hidden Weapons, it's hard to tell what the actual weapon type was localised to, but the Hoshidan variants are definitely Shurikens, while the Nohr ones are Kunais. Logically, the weapon type should be "Kunai", but who knows...

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did they call the Nohrian counterpart "Hidden weapon" in the first place? Isn't it much easier to refer to them as Knife or Dagger?

In Japanese, Hidden Weapon is even easier to write than Knife or Dagger (or the same).

However there is no English equivalent (to my knowledge) except that awkward literal translation.

Maybe there are Hidden Weapons that aren't knives or daggers? Like sleeping darts?

Have to admit, a Nohrian weapon named after a Japanese weapon seems rather weird.

It's definitely better than the literal translation though. I think the normal Nohrian hidden weapons could have been called knives though. Unless they don't look like knives at all of course. Being named kunai kind of carries the implication they're close enough though

Alright so some thoughts.

~Hero is really cool looking. It might be my favorite design of them yet

~SORCERER IS SO GODDAMN COOL HOLY SHIT

~I kinda wish there was a sage variant on the nohr side

~Golden Kite Rider is a sweet looking class. That's definitely what tsubaki is going to be

Is Charlotte's class berserker? And if so, what happened to the warrior class?

Same thing than with Great Knight!Pieri (I guess it's GK since Marxander should be the Paladin...) or than with rinkah

They're showing the unpromoted character in one of their possible promoted Class.

It's Fighter.

Warrior got axed, sadly.

Strange... now there's now Axe and Bow class, right? Closest is Shura (promoted Oni Savage) that has Axe and Magic.

Warriors don't seem to exist anymore.

I mean, can't give Nohr too many bows, right?

Edited by Sylphid

I really like that there aren't any gender exclusive classes anymore

I mean, we now have a fabulous male pegasus knight and a female berserker

that's pretty awesome!

The only one who are gender exclusives are the Priest/Priestess promotion. "Mountainer" (uses Lance and Staves) and War Miko (Uses Staves and Bows).

People are debating about whether Wyverns are female exclusive or not, but some thinks Garon may be a Revenant Knight.

The only one who are gender exclusives are the Priest/Priestess promotion. "Mountainer" (uses Lance and Staves) and War Miko (Uses Staves and Bows).

People are debating about whether Wyverns are female exclusive or not, but some thinks Garon may be a Revenant Knight.

That would make sense, considering he's been seen with both magic and axes, and his children are both physical and magical (including one that is a revenant knight)

Strange... now there's no Axe and Bow class, right? Closest is Shura (promoted Oni Savage) that has Axe and Magic.

I just noticed that and the fact most of the Promoted Classes avoid giving access to multiples weapon ranks of the same Triangle Color Category. (Refresher: Red = Sword&Magic, Blue = Lance&Hidden, Green = Axe&Bow)

And when I think about it, both Dark Knight and the Avatar's Nohr-side Promotion seem to be the exception for this trend only because there's not many overlaps between Tomes and Blades aside the latter having one or two magical weapons like the Levin Sword...

Edited by AstraSage

In general, there appears to be more bows, staves and lances on Hoshido whereas Nohr has all the axes and magic.

In Hoshido, War Artist is the only non-Oni class to wield clubs. And, only three promoted classes use spells, with Exorcist being the only one that looks to have decent magic (though we don't really know yet about the Shura and Basara).

Whereas in Nohr, we have the Rod Knight promotions and the Adventurer for healing. Dragonmaster is the only non-Cavalier/Knight to wield lances, and Maid/Butler is the only one to use hidden weapons.

It's Fighter.

Warrior got axed, sadly.

Strange... now there's now Axe and Bow class, right? Closest is Shura (promoted Oni Savage) that has Axe and Magic.

I actually liked the Warrior class. Well, there's always the DLC exclusive class alternative IF they implement it this time. Maybe a re-designed classic Warrior class character or Hector will do.

I'm really liking the Hoshido classes and it's nice to see that fighters no longer do that weird animation they had in Awakening.

So do we have a full list of (known) classes anywhere?

I made a full excel document on all of the classes' weapon/staff usage if anyone finds it helpful:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H5SubwjfaMdEu2iqpnTIIIO14gboTgMG6pxMsnKubOY/edit?usp=sharing

It's separated by Hoshido/Nohr origin and listed in the order of the video. The red dashed line indicates promoted classes.

Thanks. So the promotion trees are like:

Samurai --> Trueblade / Weapon Master

Oni --> Shura / Blacksmith

Lancer --> Spear Saint / ???

Spellcaster --> Exorcist / Basara

Priest --> Yamabushi / Exorcist

Priestess --> War Miko / Exorcist

Pegasus Warrior --> Holy Pegasus / Kite Warrior

Archer --> Bow Saint / Puppeteer?

Ninja --> Jonin / Puppeteer

Kitsune --> Ninetales

Villager --> ???

Cavalier --> Paladin / Great Knight

Knight --> Great Knight / General
Axe Fighter --> Berserker / Hero

Mercenary --> Hero / Bow Knight

Thief --> Adventurer / Bow Knight?

Dragon Knight --> Dragon Master / Revenant Knight

Dark Mage --> Sorcerer / Dark Knight

Rod Knight --> Strategist / Butler / Maid

Garu --> Mana Garu

A few holes but does that seem right?

Edited by Othin

Thanks. So the promotion trees are like:

Samurai --> Trueblade / ???

Oni --> Shura / ???

Lancer --> Spear Saint / ???

Spellcaster --> Exorcist / Basara?

Mountaineer --> Yamabushi / Exorcist?

Priestess --> War Miko / Exorcist?

Pegasus Warrior --> Holy Pegasus / Kite Warrior

Archer --> Bow Saint / Puppeteer?

Ninja --> Jonin / Puppeteer

Kitsune --> Ninetales

Villager --> ???

Cavalier --> Paladin / Great Knight

Knight --> Great Knight / General

Axe Fighter --> Berserker / Hero

Mercenary --> Hero / Bow Knight

Thief --> Adventurer / Bow Knight?

Dragon Knight --> Dragon Master / Revenant Knight

Dark Mage --> Sorcerer / Dark Knight

Rod Knight --> Strategist / Butler / Maid

Garu --> Mana Garu

A few holes but does that seem right?

Samurai can become Weapon Masters, Oni can become Blacksmiths, "Mountaineer" should say "Priest" (a Mountaineer is a Yamabushi), and Spellcaster to Basara is basically confirmed. And of course the Avatar classes are absent.

Well, I made it because I wanted to see it. Can never have information in too many places, so I have no complaints. :p

I haven't been able to load yours, though. Does it have anything I missed?