Weird Crown dude shown: Iago

Anacybele

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His half mask gives a kind of "Phantom of the Opera" vibe.

I agree, but I don't like that he has that vibe... I love the Phantom but I hate this dude. >__>

Excellus v.2 for me.. only waaaay skinnier than him

Plot twist: Iago is a Hoshido sympathizer and is trying to undo Nohr from within. His first move is to have the prince who betrayed Hoshido get executed. He purposely puts up an "obviously evil" facade in order to fool Garon into thinking they are allies.

Plot twist: Iago is a Hoshido sympathizer and is trying to undo Nohr from within. His first move is to have the prince who betrayed Hoshido get executed. He purposely puts up an "obviously evil" facade in order to fool Garon into thinking they are allies.

Yes, I want this!

That would be awesome, though I'm not sure how likely it is. I'd love something like this though.

I'm sure he donates to charity and rescues puppies in his spare time.

But seriously, can we just not have a villain who couldn't be more obviously sadistically evil if you put "EVIL" on his chest in blinking neon lights

Since when are there big bads who don't automatically scream EVIL!!!!1111 in Fire Emblem? Aside from Radiant Dawn and Binding Blade?

True, the final bosses are usually obviously bad, but I just said "villains"--though really, I should've said "antagonists."

What I want is for every antagonist to be believable. To me, that means anyone who pursues evil for the sake of being evil is considered a raving lunatic in-universe and does not stay in any position of power without a sufficient threat keeping him there. Even Nergal was smart enough to keep the Black Fang in the dark about his... shall we say, "shadier business practices."

Though having had a bit more time to think about it, perhaps my judgment of Iago was premature. There's still a chance of him being not so bad; all we've seen him do so far is be: A) overcautious about Corrin, B) ostensibly loyal to Garon, and C) the lovechild of Father Balder and Grima Wormtongue--as others have noted.

Edited by Aethin

So is that his business attire? Half a helmet with feathers, a golden horn and some kind of halo? I bet it was Garon's idea; he secretly makes armor designs in his spare time and no one dares to not wear whatever he comes up with.

Do you think he designed Camilla's outfit too?

Definitely looks like a bad guy. Not too surprising. FE has never really been too subtle with who its bad guys are.

FE1-3/11-12: Two bald old guys with grey skin

FE4-5: Bald old guy with grey skin.

FE6: Villains are actually pretty people in this one. Still not subtle at all.

FE7: Balding old guy with a wonky eye and a turban.

FE8: Bad guy appearances range all over the place. Still not subtle at all.

FE9: Balding old guy with permanent slasher smile.

FE10: Bunch of old guys. The most un-subtle.

FE13: Love child of Maleficent and Jafar.

That would be awesome, though I'm not sure how likely it is. I'd love something like this though.

I was just being facetious but he actually reminds me a little bit of a character from Magi: Labyrinth of Magic.

Sahbmad_Saluja_magi1_ep13_zpso3esocun.pn

This guy appeared to be an obstructive bureaucrat on the side of the antagonists but it's later revealed that secretly he was trying to stop the schemes of the evil ruler but was too weak to do it without the help of the protagonist. Naturally, IS won't put much effort into developing Iago outside of being a 1 dimensional villain but one can dream.

FE8: Bad guy appearances range all over the place. Still not subtle at all.

FE10: Bunch of old guys. The most un-subtle.

Lyon was pretty and docile looking. For Radiant Dawn you had Zelgius, Sephiran and Lekain for not-obviously evil villains. As far as "subtle plots" go, I guess you don't need to bother when you have the biggest army on the continent.

What on Earth is going on with his design …?

My headcanon is that Garon designs all the armor in Nohr and no one dares to question his tastes. Iago is just trying to cope with his stupid clothes by taking it out on Kamui.

My headcanon is that Garon designs all the armor in Nohr and no one dares to question his tastes. Iago is just trying to cope with his stupid clothes by taking it out on Kamui.

Did he design Camilla's armor too, because if he did that probably says a lot about him --

I mean, I literally don't know what's going on with Iago's design. It kind of looks like he's missing an eye, or maybe it's the shadow or the angle? I can't even tell what class he's supposed to be, if anything at all.

And of course, he's obviously evil. He's more obviously evil than Validar.

True, the final bosses are usually obviously bad, but I just said "villains"--though really, I should've said "antagonists."

What I want is for every antagonist to be believable. To me, that means anyone who pursues evil for the sake of being evil is considered a raving lunatic in-universe and does not stay in any position of power without a sufficient threat keeping him there. Even Nergal was smart enough to keep the Black Fang in the dark about his... shall we say, "shadier business practices."

Though having had a bit more time to think about it, perhaps my judgment of Iago was premature. There's still a chance of him being not so bad; all we've seen him do so far is be: A) overcautious about Corrin, B) ostensibly loyal to Garon, and C) the lovechild of Father Balder and Grima Wormtongue--as others have noted.

You have your brothers and sisters already.

They must have thought it was enough subtlety for them.

Did he design Camilla's armor too, because if he did that probably says a lot about him --

I mean, I literally don't know what's going on with Iago's design. It kind of looks like he's missing an eye, or maybe it's the shadow or the angle? I can't even tell what class he's supposed to be, if anything at all.

And of course, he's obviously evil. He's more obviously evil than Validar.

Of course! Kamui's thigh holes as well!

Yeah I know, it's pretty awful. You can't even describe it as "quirky"; it's just nonsensical. Oh well, it'll make him all the more satisfying to defeat.

He's clearly the one influencing Garon to be a suspicious despot

I was thinking this actually.

In Shakespeare's Othello, Iago is the one manipulating him and casting doubt on Desdemona with resulting tragedy. I wonder if Iago's Japanese name was also the same.

He must have taken ideas about loyalty, conquest, and fashion-sense from the fire nation.
I mean, look at those shoulder pads! He might as well have stolen them straight from a fire nation armory!

(I'm sorry, the similarities were too funny for me not to point out).

And since Lago isn't a common name in the slightest, I think it's safe to say that the Othello reference is intentional.

Who wouldn't want to rock the golden unicorn crown look?