Release hype thread

VincentASM

Wait what are people saying? From what I've gathered about the character, she's just Inigo's daughter who inherited his obsession with girls (yet I dunno if she's actually les/bi due to not having any same-sex S supports)

OK basically what happened was someone on tumblr misinterpreted Soleil and M!Kamui's support conversations and they basically went on about how M!Kamui 'drugged' her in order for her to fall for him despite the fact that she's very much into girls but is still capable of having romantic feelings for guys. So, they were basically trying to prove how the conversation supported gay conversion. BUT, what actually happened in the support was Soleil has a problem in that she constantly feels dizzy and faints around girls so M!Kamui puts a special potion in her drink (this is still wrong because he did so without her knowing) so that every guy she sees, looks like a girl (even himself) and he did this so he could hopefully help her cope with her fainting problem. He did not put the potion in her drink with the intent to make her fall for him.

So now a lot of people are outraged at this false information and a bunch of people in the tags are trying hard to clarify what HAD actually happened and that there's no evidence of any attempt at gay conversion in the first place.

Edited by carefreejules

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arghhhh I see the hate for Soleil everywhere I go!! Really, it is getting more annoy and annoy -_- .

Edited by huythekirby

it's ridiculous, especially the morons claiming Soleil is a lesbian, when she's actually just bisexual (or maybe purely straight with a love for the female form, idk), it's maddening. It's even worse on Tumblr, where some of the most moronic brats are crying and taking things WAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of proportion.

Guess I have to stop going to FE reddit for a long time ==' .

Reddit is usually a bad place once any kind of thing comes up that can be argued a shit ton lol.

I messaged the mods on reddit though and they're discussing on ways to reduce the soleil posts.

http://megidoladying.tumblr.com/post/123010333479/gunther-and-f-kamui-supports-s

Oh my Naga, this support is so cute~ The proposal is my most favorite support right now! Still, from father figure to husband still feels so weird tho...

and then the ball hit her in the face. (I thought this would have been funny :[)

Though this support is adorable.

Eh, it's not that bad at all.

Kind of funny to see the only good S support I've seen is with the old Jeigan.

The good S-supports tend to be between characters that have a past history with each other. They usually feel so rushed if they're not like that. It would be a much better if it was "Let's start a relationship" and then you don't see the results until the credits.

it's ridiculous, especially the morons claiming Soleil is a lesbian, when she's actually just bisexual (or maybe purely straight with a love for the female form, idk), it's maddening. It's even worse on Tumblr, where some of the most moronic brats are crying and taking things WAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of proportion.

You realize this very forum has a thread about that support that is equally bad or worse, right? Obviously not saying serenes is a hivemind, but that thread clearly is mentally young or do not get anything subtle.

You realize this very forum has a thread about that support that is equally bad or worse, right? Obviously not saying serenes is a hivemind, but that thread clearly is mentally young or do not get anything subtle.

From what I recall, that thread discusses the implications behind Kamui's actions in one of the convos, and even the OP is trying to figure out how it blew so far out of proportion. that is, that thread actually does point out something unfortunate and problematic in the supports and it is NOT what everyone is trying to say it is. Especially on tumblr.

Edited by Aquakat

So, to anyone that watched Hamayama's playthrough of the Nohr side... He romanced Zero as a male character, right? Was he able to recruit the children of Zero and Kamui? I've never gotten a straight answer from anyone on Twitch. >.>

So, to anyone that watched Hamayama's playthrough of the Nohr side... He romanced Zero as a male character, right? Was he able to recruit the children of Zero and Kamui? I've never gotten a straight answer from anyone on Twitch. >.>

You can't get children if you do LGBT pairings (ie M!Kamui x Zero and F!Kamui x Shara).

The sad thing is is the fact that everyone is so quick to believe anything they hear especially if problematic elements have come up in discussion before so in this case, Fire Emblem If. I've seen at least one post on tumblr that goes viral about how wrong and problematic something about the game is with evidence or not and then someone who has actually played the game, has to debunk those false rumors and false information. So, as people continue to find something to complain about, the bigger reaction and worsen the impression this game is going to get just because someone didn't do research, or they misinterpreted something entirely.

I honestly can't see a way out of this because it's gotten to the point where now a lot of people are going to find every little thing about the game, and make a huge deal about it and it's so frustrating and draining to watch.

Spoiler for chapter 14, Nohr side.

I recently seen Aqua's dance on Nohr, and it's freaking amazing.
Too bad Garon completely ruined the moment, seriously I'm not sure if he is shitting on himself, or if he's...

You can't get children if you do LGBT pairings (ie M!Kamui x Zero and F!Kamui x Shara).

Ah, okay. Thanks! People on Twitch were spastic when it came to answering questions. o.o

this-this is the reason I keep my head in only a select few forums (or forum subsections), to avoid mess like this.

Seriously? he only way you can view this as gay conversion is if you have little knowledge on the character...

Plus that would go against the general idea of what this game just added in the form of Zero & Shara supports.

Im gonna get flack for this, but those ppl are just too sensitive, plain & simple.

Spoiler for chapter 14, Nohr side.

I recently seen Aqua's dance on Nohr, and it's freaking amazing.

Too bad Garon completely ruined the moment, seriously I'm not sure if he is shitting on himself, or if he's...

That's because ...

Aqua's powers reacts in a FAKE Garon. He's not actually human, just a monster disguised like himself. Why exactly feels disturbed by that I am not entirely sure, I think he is a creation from some Dragon which can control water like Aqua

But I understand his reaction is kinda of funny and almost makes the whole moment err ... 'uncomfortably disturbing', lol

@Carefreejules: don't worry, the internet is a massive, huge place to freely express too many people's frustations. Good thing are good places like these forums are better than huge websites where there are too much opinions to handle with, :>

Edited by Erdall

That because ...

Aqua's powers reacts in a FAKE Garon. He's not actually human, just a monster disguised like himself. Why exactly feels disturbed by that I am not entirely sure, I think he is a creation from some Dragon which can control water like Aqua

But I understand his reaction is kinda of funny and almost makes the whole moment err ... 'uncomfortably disturbing', lol

Carefreejules: don't worry, the internet is a massive, huge place to freely express too many people's frustations. Good thing are good places like these forums are better than huge websites where there are too much opinions to handle with, :>

I actually know what NotGaron is, but it's just that he is completely ruining this awesome dance/music to me.

Like seriously, now each time I think about Aqua dancing in Nohr, I'll think about Garon doing... that or... something else. Seriously, who the hell wrote this scene?! XD

It look like something straight from a hentai... who actually give a voice to male characters.

Edited by B.Leu

Carefreejules: don't worry, the internet is a massive, huge place to freely express too many people's frustation. Good thing is good places like these forums are better than huge websites where there are too much opinions to handle with, :>

Thanks for the reassurance :> This whole thing has been stressing me out but I sincerely appreciate the effort people are making to spread the truth because the people who know the most, are the people who've actually played the game.

I just hope things begin settle down because through all the negatives, let's bring out all the positives.

I actually know what NotGaron is, but it's just that he is completely ruining this awesome dance/music to me.

Like seriously, now each time I think about Aqua dancing in Nohr, I'll think about Garon doing... that or... something else. Seriously, who the hell wrote this scene?! XD

It look like something straight from a hentai... who actually give a voice to male characters.

Hoshido path has Aqua dancing a different performance, and Garon swiftly reacts to her. The reason I guess the dance is not as agressive and active like Nohr's version, she just dances in a more graceful and elegant way and Garon barely breathes. Nohr path = he feels utter pain, x'D

Overall though, Hoshido makes somewhat sense, but Nohr I understand Garon can be misunderstood as 'Garon Boner', trolololol, x'D

Thanks for the reassurance :> This whole thing has been stressing me out but I sincerely appreciate the effort people are making to spread the truth because the people who know the most, are the people who've actually played the game.

I just hope things begin settle down because through all the negatives, let's bring out all the positives.

Hey, a pleasure, you get my back, I get yours, I get your concerns, they are understandable. I only wanted to make my point clear about people not really used to judge things conviniently, not forgetting to make some cheap-melodramatic opera every time they desire to, though no one is to be blamed about, they just miss at times the whole context behind everything (putting aside some purist trolls).

But like always, this whole mess won't last forever, the game's not gonna die because for a bipolar character, lol. Her background was already somewhat strange, but we're just talking about hard translations anyway. I rather prefer to play the whole game by myself when it comes to characters, they are always a subject for opinions.

Edited by Erdall

I'm just glad that this forum is mature and able to look before they leap. I really respect the people I talk to here, even though I don't talk much myself.

So this thread has been quite refreshing so far. C:

I'm just glad that this forum is mature and able to look before they leap. I really respect the people I talk to here, even though I don't talk much myself.

Just so long as you don't venture into the Soleil and Censorship thread, it's fine otherwise.

On the other hand, guess which game websites took that Soleil story? Destructoid.

Fact Checkers? What's that? Nah, just gotta post this for clicks, baby.

But really. Don't even go on Tumblr, which is ridiculous. People are literally sending me hate messages about being homophobic, biphobic, a rapist, and supporting gay conversion, because I said people blew it out of proportion. And what makes it more ironic is that I AM bisexual, so I'm not sure where they're getting these things.

It's kinda silly, really. People just read one thing, latch onto it, and like sheep, follow it off a cliff. Hahaha. Bu this forum is really sane, which is a breath of fresh air. It will allllll blow over soon, anyways. I'm still looking forward to the game. Gah!